matty

They will always hate you and want you dead

9 hours ago, father-of-three said:

A "compromise" would be including national reciprocity and the repeal of parts, if not all of the gun control act of 1986.  Unfortunately no elected officials, that I have heard,  are considering options like this.  

Good parts of the amendment to  GCA 68 passed in 86:

1.  Mail order of ammo and reloading components.  From 68 to 86 that had to go through FFL.

2.  FOPA, back in the 70s and 80s I remember NYPD guys who were arrested in NJ for transportation of their guns.  OK LEOSA really solved that issue.

3.  Buying a long gun in any state.  Prior to 86 you could only buy a long gun in a contiguous state. If you lived in NJ that meant PA, NY, and DE only.

4. Opening up importation of milsurps.  68 to 86 no Mausers, Mosins, Enfields, etc.  

Just food for thought.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, GRIZ said:

Good parts of the amendment to  GCA 68 passed in 86:

1.  Mail order of ammo and reloading components.  From 68 to 86 that had to go through FFL.

2.  FOPA, back in the 70s and 80s I remember NYPD guys who were arrested in NJ for transportation of their guns.  OK LEOSA really solved that issue.

3.  Buying a long gun in any state.  Prior to 86 you could only buy a long gun in a contiguous state. If you lived in NJ that meant PA, NY, and DE only.

4. Opening up importation of milsurps.  68 to 86 no Mausers, Mosins, Enfields, etc.  

Just food for thought.

True.  There were some good parts to it.