Displaced Texan

NJGF property lawyers....get in here please.

I just heard that our mayor doesn’t ‘do’ email.....

In this day and age??!!!! We DONT use stone tablets and chisels. 

I have the feeling he doesn’t want to go on record for saying anything.....

B9842451-840E-4E18-9E45-3E7AB57E82A8.gif

• Like 1

Start collecting medium to large.road kill.  Leave.it across property, lead trail to broken basement window, chuck a deer hind quarter or two through the basement window.

Tell the township you think a mountain lion has made it their den.  You're concerned it may hurt a neighborhood child.

If that doesn't work, put up a very large "TRUMP 2020!" banner across front or side of house (which ever faces street). Some crazy lib will prob burn the house down.

• Agree 1
  • Haha 5

3 minutes ago, gleninjersey said:

put up a very large "TRUMP 2020!" banner across front or side of house (which ever faces street). Some crazy lib will prob burn the house down.

I may resort to that!!

44 minutes ago, PeteF said:

Good luck.  Try not to get arrested.

I’m going to be firm, but polite. This old redneck knows how to play the game. There will be jabs thrown......but subtle...at first. 

1 hour ago, Displaced Texan said:

Township meeting tonight. I’m going. 

This isn’t going to be pleasant for the mayor and the town council. 

Awesome.   Can’t wait for this one.  I’m very illiterate with computers.  Never needed them in farming.  My wife does that stuff.  But stilll.  I use my phone to get emails and respond.  Whats the mayor.  Like 114 years old.  What a useless asswipe. 

And if thats the case.  Why does he have an email address?   Sounds like the same bs in my twsp.  Lies and incompetence.  

• Agree 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Golf battery said:

Why does he have an email address? 

Exactly what I was thinking.

This reminds me, I need to go after my Mayor. When we had the (most recent) extended power outage I was seeing people posting on fb reports that they claimed came from the Mayor. I emailed the Mayor asking how to get the reports directly from him. No response.

The meeting went well. I actually didn’t expect the floor to be opened up to the residents at this meeting...but I took the floor and spoke off the cuff. I was polite and professional. 

I spoke of my concerns about the property, and apparently opened a LOT of eyes to the town council. They were in disbelief that there is still an active electric line to the house. Personally, I can’t see HOW they didn’t notice the condition of the property before...

After the meeting, both the mayor and the town clerk  (who’s ass I chewed and spit out the other day), spoke with me, and she updated me about what the township is doing. 

She said that the county health inspector visited the property and the township (yep, cause I called them). The township boarded up the broken window. Positive. 

They have called AC Electric for immediate termination of electric service to the house. Should happen this week.  Positive.

They have asked the contractors who maintain the grass for costs to remove all debris from the back yard. Positive. 

They have contacted MVS for procedures to remove the abandoned vehicles. I found out through a basic internet search that the town can seize the vehicles, but has to auction the vehicles at public auction. They (supposedly) are taking steps to do this. Positive.

The town solicitor has contacted the attorney for the bank taking possession of the house to inquire about timeline to auction, or otherwise dispose of this property. Somewhat positive. 

Town clerk assured me she will personally follow up with me about all these action issues within a week. Positive. 

She also tells me that the code enforcement officer has been instructed to pay the property a visit. I told her I’d like a list of the code infractions he writes. She said that may not be possible to give me, but would find out. Mostly positive. 

We shall see if they follow up, but overall, I see this as a win. I will NOT quit hammering on them, until this is resolved. I’m a stubborn redneck. 

A funny story.....

There was a FB live feed of the meeting, being filmed by someone I am faintly acquainted with via the Stratford Republican Club, She knows of my crusade, and knows I’m pretty fired up about it. 

When I stood up and gave my name and address, you hear her exclaim on the video, “ oh boy...here we go” !!

Mrs Tex didn’t go to the meeting, but she watched the FB live feed, and told me about it when I came home! 

LMFAO!!!

• Like 2

On ‎8‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 4:20 PM, Displaced Texan said:

I have heard that the old Bradlees shopping center is getting a Royal Farms. They tore down the old Chinese place that was abandoned for years, but haven’t progressed on any construction yet. I hear they are trying to put some retail shops there, including another Dollar Store. 

Great....just what we need...another crappy Dollar Store. Nothing says desirable, like a crappy Dollar Store!

that old Chinese place was a movie theater at one time. 

supposedly there's approvals in the works for a tim hortons at the corner of whp and new road too. 

on the house thing.....I've noticed that that single house on vassar between warwick and the railroad tracks looks to be in the process of being demolished......

Tim Hortons is approved and supposedly a done deal. I’ll believe it when I buy my coffee there. 

Supposedly the Royal Farms is a ‘go’ too...awaiting some legal paperwork. I’ll believe it when I get my fried chicken there. 

• Agree 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Displaced Texan said:

Tim Hortons is approved and supposedly a done deal. I’ll believe it when I buy my coffee there. 

Supposedly the Royal Farms is a ‘go’ too...awaiting some legal paperwork. I’ll believe it when I get my fried chicken there. 

I think royal farms is screwing the pooch. there's one what? 3 miles up the road in magnolia. there's another what? 4 miles away where the Voorhees pd used to be? they're putting them too close together. 

Maybe. However there are several WaWa’s spaced similar, and Royal Farms is smart enough to locate on opposite sides of the WHP from WaWa...makes it more convenient for the traffic going the opposite way. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Displaced Texan said:

She also tells me that the code enforcement officer has been instructed to pay the property a visit. I told her I’d like a list of the code infractions he writes. She said that may not be possible to give me, but would find out. Mostly positive. 

Tex: I was on my town's planning board for 8 years as a regular member and only just recently moved to an alternate role. All of our towns are covered by the same NJ municipal laws which legislate governance, etc., so you're really not going to see big differences in procedure from one town to another for that reason. In my town, during the public portion of the planning board meeting, the code enforcement official presents a current list of code infractions. It's never done during executive session because code infractions are PUBLIC INFORMATION - as defined by the NJ Open Public Records Act (OPRA) - N.J.S.A. 47:1A-1 - which is like our state-level equivalent of the Federal Gov's Freedom Of Information Act. These laws are there to ensure transparency of gov't operations.

Under NJ OPRA, the public has the right to access a wide range of public records. The law states: "government records shall be readily accessible for inspection, copying, or examination by the citizens of this state, with certain exceptions, for the protection of the public interest." So, if she gives you any bunk, just tell her you that you know it's available under OPRA. She'll know what that is and may then ask you to fill out an "OPRA request" which is just a very simple form. They might even make you wait a small waiting period... and charge a nominal fee for the copies... but they must provide it to you! It's the law. She's probably not trying to stonewall you... she probably just wants to confer with the town attorney to make she does everything exactly right (particularly now that you've been identified as a raging pitbull out to cause mayhem, LMAO).

• Like 1

Thank you, Peel...the OPRA info is GOLD! I appreciate your advice, and the solid advice from you other folks too (and yes, even a few funny smartass comments from the peanut gallery)!

My goal in being a ‘raging pitbull’ is to not only improve my neighborhood (I have self serving reasons...I want to sell my house in the next 2 years and move back home), but we want to do things to improve the community. Not just the block...the whole community. 

Just because it’s the right thing to do.

I hear a lot of people bitch about things in the township...and I hear the phrase (that drives me nuts)..”somebody should DO something about this..”. This pisses  me off. That ‘somebody’ should be YOU.

I think, in many cases, people ARE motivated to actually get off their asses and DO something, but they don’t know how, or they don’t know the proper channels or avenues to take to get the ball rolling. Well...I don’t know HOW either (none of us are born with the knowledge how to do these things)...we just did a few basic internet searches, made some phone calls, asked some questions, pushed a few people’s buttons. We are learning as we go.. 

Our goal is to share what worked, and what didn’t work with our neighbors and other community members, so that this can continue. I WANT people to be empowered to take charge of this community, to make this little town what it has the potential to be. We have a LOT of people talking..we have a LOT of people fired up like we are...and I want to continue to motivate the people to pressure the township to make positive changes in the way things are run. 

So..my morning rambling is done... Thank you ALL for the help and support you have given me so far, and for the help I know you will continue to give us. You are all very much appreciated. 

I look forward to continued progress, (I’m still pushing) and further tidbits of helpful information! I’ll be keeping y’all updated!

• Like 1

On 8/10/2019 at 11:58 AM, Displaced Texan said:

Mildly interesting incident.....

Someone pulled up to the house and took pics. I have no idea who this was, as he was gone before I could get outside and speak to him. 

Possibly somebody from the township...maybe a potential house flipper looking at the property. I doubt it was a county inspector. Guy was nicely dressed in slacks, dress shirt, and tie, and drove a newer Tahoe/Suburban. 

I wish I had the opportunity to speak with him, but I couldn’t get my boots on fast enough. In any case, attention is being drawn to this house. 

If they are in process for foreclosure, I'm guessing someone doing the old "in depth" assessment flyby with a camera making sure the land hasn't moved.

22 minutes ago, raz-0 said:

If they are in process for foreclosure, I'm guessing someone doing the old "in depth" assessment flyby with a camera making sure the land hasn't moved.

I believe you are correct. 

Activity!!

Capt. McBride of the Stratford PD stopped by the property a little while ago. He was gathering information on the abandoned vehicles on the property. 

He told me he has NEVER had to seize a vehicle before, so this is a learning process for him. Fair enough. He gonna learn TODAY! :D

He asked me to send him all the pics I have of the property, and the vehicles. I also sent him the link to NJ MVS with the procedure to seize abandoned vehicles on private property. I’m a helper!!

He also had some encouraging things to say about the townships action plans. Apparently this is gaining MORE traction. Also, he noted that more neighbors have jumped in on this property, and several others like it in Stratford. 

• Like 1
  • Informative 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Displaced Texan said:

Activity!!

Capt. McBride of the Stratford PD stopped by the property a little while ago. He was gathering information on the abandoned vehicles on the property. 

He told me he has NEVER had to seize a vehicle before, so this is a learning process for him. Fair enough. He gonna learn TODAY! :D

He asked me to send him all the pics I have of the property, and the vehicles. I also sent him the link to NJ MVS with the procedure to seize abandoned vehicles on private property. I’m a helper!!

He also had some encouraging things to say about the townships action plans. Apparently this is gaining MORE traction. Also, he noted that more neighbors have jumped in on this property, and several others like it in Stratford. 

jim McBride? sr or jr?