Displaced Texan

NJGF property lawyers....get in here please.

1 hour ago, Golf battery said:

Maybe go to the next twsp committee meeting and bring it up to the mayor.   Youll get somewhere there.  You’re a voter.  They want your vote.  

My township is absolutely useless. In 10 years of the house literally falling apart, NOT ONE code violation was filed against it. 

I am pretty fired up about that, and the smug attitude from township officials. I’m going above their heads, and will bring (probably unwanted) attention to the lack of action on Stratford Towns part. 

Mrs Tex made and printed a bunch of fliers with a website to lodge a complaint. 3rd party site, which I believe is recorded by the county. She has also posted this on the Stratford Facebook page, for neighbors to see, and (hopefully) take action. 

In addition to the other current steps you're taking, if those fail to produce any tangible progress, consider calling your local newspaper to see if you can get a reporter out there to cover the story, take photos, etc. Do make sure a few of the other neighbors are available for quotes (… lest the gentle readers think it's just ONE mean, cranky old submariner and former resident of Texas who is upset about the situation). :p 

There's really NOTHING that politicians hate more than bad press about their administration, and that's as true at the municipal level as at the national level. Granted, the newspaper industry may be slowly dying... but even as it takes it's last dying breath, it is sometimes still capable of packing quite a punch. Politicians fear that. 

Thanks Peel. Mrs Tex and I have already thought about emailing 6ABC news and a few others. We are going to give it a few weeks to let the system work (as well as the mortgage company to take possession of the house). I am also going to the next township meeting, and raising hell. Mrs Tex is stirring up the neighborhood on the township FB page as we speak. 

Believe it or not, this old redneck bubblehead CAN be presentable and reasonable on TV...lol. My neighbors are also getting involved too, and don’t mind making noise. 

BTW, Mrs Tex says hi!

• Like 2

Also tex.  I know this cause i ran for committee last year.  Bad year to run gop in a 75 percent dem twsp ill win this year.  But ive been to many committee meetings and if you raise a stink theyll do all they can do for you if you have a reasonable complaint.  Which yours is. And they will probably move quickly. Remember.  The mayor is the big boss and the other committee members are their consigliere's. 

• Agree 2

The township has been paying a contractor to cut the grass at this property for the last 8 years. Costs $45 per cut. 

I was told a little while ago by a town councilman that the township placed a lien against the property for 2 cuts...$90. After all these years of paying for it!!!! Are you KIDDING me?!!! The TAXPAYERS of Stratford will eat the cost of 8 years of yard work?! 

What a bunch of incompetent asshats!! 

I need a drink.....where’s my bourbon...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Displaced Texan said:

No, I haven’t. I’ll take a drive over that way this evening. 

To update a little, I’ve found a website to report abandoned or problem homes in the county, and have reported the property. Too bad the township idiots failed to mention this to me, and others, who have complained about this property. Mrs Tex said they probably don’t WANT anyone to know about it. Lol

I also received a phone call from Camden County board of Health. They are sending an inspector out within the next 2 weeks to inspect the property. I’m supposed to follow up with them in 2 weeks. 

Have also sent a ‘very blunt’ email to the township, and code enforcement inspector. I wasn’t an ass (as I usually tend to be), but was pretty blunt about the lack of action by the township on this property. 

I’ll sit back and wait to see what happens for now...if Stratford fails to follow through with a plan of action, myself, and the neighbors are prepared to take it further, and make it painful for the township. 

if you're heading from warwick towards lenas, it's on your left about 200 yards before the child care place. big blue tarp hangin on the front. I think it's laurel springs on that side. 

also, the first house off the corner at laurel and Saratoga appears to be recently empty. I saw police activity there last month...…..

8 minutes ago, 1LtCAP said:

if you're heading from warwick towards lenas, it's on your left about 200 yards before the child care place. big blue tarp hangin on the front. I think it's laurel springs on that side. 

also, the first house off the corner at laurel and Saratoga appears to be recently empty. I saw police activity there last month...…..

I’ll check it out. Right now, Mrs Tex is raising eyebrows on the Stratford FB page. Somehow, I think this is going to be painful for Stratford. I know the admin for the FB page (via the Stratford Republican Club), so I doubt it will get nuked. 

I’m sure you’re right. Tomorrow, Mrs Tex and I are going door to door, hitting the rest of the houses in the neighborhood. She made flyers, with a website to complain about the abandoned house. This should be fun. 

Apparently, according to Mrs Tex, people on the Township FB page are talking about it......

One neighbor on the block got a ticket for some weed growth on her curb...while that horrendous house that’s falling apart didn’t receive ANY citations. Hmmmm.

Sounds like your twsp committee is probably dems.   Clueless to business cost.  But seriously go to the next meeting and grill them.  Thats the best place to start.   At the top.  If all else fails.  Contact sweeney.  He wants votes.  And thats his district.   Im serious.  Go to the chiefs not the indians. 

• Agree 1

That’s the plan, GB. I’ll take this as high as need be. Like a good sailor, I’m going to take it up the chain of command until this shit gets sorted. I’m happy to shake things up. 

I WILL be at town council meetings, asking LOTS of uncomfortable questions.

We have a Dem mayor, and 3/6 of our town council is dem. To be fair, when it was a republican administration, they didn’t do much either. 

Mildly interesting incident.....

Someone pulled up to the house and took pics. I have no idea who this was, as he was gone before I could get outside and speak to him. 

Possibly somebody from the township...maybe a potential house flipper looking at the property. I doubt it was a county inspector. Guy was nicely dressed in slacks, dress shirt, and tie, and drove a newer Tahoe/Suburban. 

I wish I had the opportunity to speak with him, but I couldn’t get my boots on fast enough. In any case, attention is being drawn to this house. 

1 hour ago, Displaced Texan said:

Someone pulled up to the house and took pics. I have no idea who this was, as he was gone before I could get outside and speak to him. 

Possibly somebody from the township...maybe a potential house flipper looking at the property. I doubt it was a county inspector. Guy was nicely dressed in slacks, dress shirt, and tie, and drove a newer Tahoe/Suburban. 

I wish I had the opportunity to speak with him, but I couldn’t get my boots on fast enough. In any case, attention is being drawn to this house. 

Reporter.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Displaced Texan said:

My guess is real estate agent.   Either for town in foreclosure (fail to pay taxes),  Or son trying to get anything he can before house is taken.

Just now, PeteF said:

My guess is real estate agent.   Either for town in foreclosure (fail to pay taxes),  Or son trying to get anything he can before house is taken.

Not the son. I’ve met him, he’s younger than I am. This was an older gentleman. Maybe late 60’s early 70’s. 

Could be a real estate agent or possibly a house flipper. 

6 minutes ago, Displaced Texan said:

Not the son. I’ve met him, he’s younger than I am. This was an older gentleman. Maybe late 60’s early 70’s. 

Could be a real estate agent or possibly a house flipper. 

I meant an agent for the son,  Real estate agents, bankers ad lawyers are the only people that would be out in a tie to take pictures.  NO matter the condition of the house, Land is valuable.

Just now, PeteF said:

I meant an agent for the son,  Real estate agents, bankers ad lawyers are the only people that would be out in a tie to take pictures.

Bank is foreclosing on the house, and taking possession within days. Son has already given notice of intent to surrender the house to the lien holder. 

You’re right, it could be an agent for the bank. 

3 minutes ago, Displaced Texan said:

Bank is foreclosing on the house, and taking possession within days. Son has already given notice of intent to surrender the house to the lien holder. 

You’re right, it could be an agent for the bank. 

Well it looks like you will have construction noise for a few months,   Now which will be worse the current eyesore or the McMansion that will be built from 1 standing wall.