BobA

Click-Click

If there is a channel under the safety that leads to the striker assembly clean it out

If you have already installed a new striker, have you installed a new striker spring?

If I were you, I would replace all the  springs with the exception of the recoil spring

It could be the trigger bar, so just purchase a trigger bar assembly

Not much else could be causing your issues

No need to purchase a new complete upper, just parts

How many rounds do you have through this gun?

Theories off the top of my head:

1. The striker block is still blocking, although that seems unlikely if the tape test got a puncture - the striker should barely budge if the block isn’t moved

2. There is crap in the striker channel that is arresting the striker, or that sleeve is still buggered up

3. The firing pin is too short to get a good strike. It’s possible the tip broke which is why it started all of a sudden

can you try the striker from your missus’s shield to rule out #3? It appears there is only one striker assembly across the m&p line

15 hours ago, Shocker said:

can you try the striker from your missus’s shield to rule out #3? It appears there is only one striker assembly across the m&p line

Good idea. I’m thinking the assembly too. 

13 hours ago, Zeke said:

I betcha the slide assembly is filthier than big boy smut

No. I doubt it. I’m a little fanatical with keeping them clean. 

On 8/15/2019 at 4:20 PM, Shocker said:

Nope.  Just tried it a few minutes ago.  Same thing.  It really confuses me that it pierces that tape!

3 minutes ago, BobA said:

That's next.  I had high hopes on the pin assembly.  Doing it now. 

I think it could be partially obstructed or worn allowing some movement. Not enough to ignite the primer. That or the trigger bar is worn similarly. It’s jus a theory though.

Believe it or not it's the round.  The 200 grains fail the "pluck test".  My 230 grain pass and fired.  It was the ammo type all along.  I don't understand how the shell diameter differs in the same brand with the bullet weight but there you have it.   

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, BobA said:

Believe it or not it's the round.  The 200 grains fail the "pluck test".  My 230 grain pass and fired.  It was the ammo type all along.  I don't understand how the shell diameter differs in the same brand with the bullet weight but there you have it.   

? GAP?

1 minute ago, BobA said:

Yuck it up but you don’t have 1100 rounds of it. Fortunately I have 1500 of 230gr so Labor Day in Maine won’t be a bust. I guess I’ve got rounds for sale. But I do want to thank you and @Shocker for wasting your time with me. 

Can you take a headstamp pic of your bad ammo?

.45 GAP is shorter