MartyZ

Need advice with CFE223

ok, so I worked up some loads of 55gr FMJBT with H335, with the highest load being 25gr and got an average of 3002fps with a 22fps spread out of a 20" .223 wylde barrel. There were absolutely no signs of over pressure but I couldn't judge the timing since I had a brass catcher attached.

So the question is. Should I be happy with this load or should I try going up a bit to get higher speeds?

I also loaded some 68gr hornady HPBT with Varget (have a pound I need to use up) and got an average 2876fps with 26gr compressed, with no overpressure signs.

7 minutes ago, MartyZ said:

Should I be happy with this load or should I try going up a bit to get higher speeds?

If the load is producing repeatable accuracy that you are okay with, then leave it be.  If you think you can do better, then push the envelope.  Was the highest load you worked up at max according to the reloading manual you are using?

2 hours ago, Scorpio64 said:

If the load is producing repeatable accuracy that you are okay with, then leave it be.  If you think you can do better, then push the envelope.  Was the highest load you worked up at max according to the reloading manual you are using?

+1 if you are happy with the results no need wasting more powder.