tbtrout

FFL FEES

Ok, so who's the cheapest -and- closest to Bayonne..???

Mike, try Armament Gunsmithing in Hillside. It's about 10 minutes away, but a little hard to find unless your know where it is.

Lewis is a gunsmith by trade, but does transfers and has some used guns in stock.

Mike, try Armament Gunsmithing in Hillside. It's about 10 minutes away, but a little hard to find unless your know where it is.

Lewis is a gunsmith by trade, but does transfers and has some used guns in stock.

Thanks for the info, Ray. Do you know if he has a website and/or an email address?

Hackettstown Guns & Ammo

147 Main Street

Hackettstown, NJ 07840

(908) 852-5260

$15.00 NICS

$25.00 Transfer

$2.80 Tax for a grand total of $42.80

This is where I go, as well. Walt is a great guy and he doesn't look down on you for buying elsewhere, if you find something cheaper than he can sell it. He's just as happy to make money on the transfer fee as he is to sell you a gun. In fact, he even E-mailed me a copy of his 01FFL, so that I could submit it to the sellers myself, whenever I buy from an out-of-state vendor or seller.

I buy from a number of distributers (I'm an 03FFL, though this means little in NJ, as I still have to go through Walt whenever I buy a gun from out-of-state) and sometimes from Bud's in Kentucky. In any case, Walt is happy to accept delivery and transfer the gun for the aforementioned $42.80.

And, even though I'm a "dealer," I've learned quite a bit from Walt, as he stays in close touch with the State Police regarding what's legal and what's not. From him, I learned that a WASR is quite legal in NJ, even if it's milled for a large capacity magazine. You just have to use a 10-round mag to stay within the law (no thirty-rounders for us!). And, although I should have known it, I also found out that SKS rifles are legal in NJ, so long as they have fixed magazines, not detachable ones. I am now the proud owner of both a WASR (lo-cap version, just in case... ;)) and a Yugoslavian SKS -- Two rifles that I thought were illegal until Walt called the NJ State Police.

Again, Walt is a really nice guy, friendly, and very helpful. His employee John is also a terrific person to deal with. I can highly recommend Hackettstown Guns and Ammo for transfers, buying, or just browsing. Even considering the small size of the shop (it's a counter in a police clothing store), he's got a nice little inventory and he can order anything you want.

Just make sure you call before stopping by, as the hours are pretty much when Walt or John can be there...

I had my CZ75 SP-01 9mm shipped to Lincoln Park True Value. $40 for everything. Bruce was very friendly and everything went smoothly...and there's a Dunkin Donuts next door to have a cup of coffe while you wait for the NICS people to process your background check. I will continue to use them from now on.

Hey Guys We are in Merchantville NJ and We charge $35+15Nics+Tax (53.50 out the door) for all of our transfers, none of the shinanigans from other places charging tax or a percent of the value of the gun which I heard some FFL's are doing. If you look at our Feedback or hear from some of the members here that visited us we are not just a gun store but enthusiasts like yourself. We can also usually match or meet the price of New Guns rather then dealing with a site to purchase from.

Thanks

Garry

RaycoArmory

856-663-1300

• Like 1

Jim Flynn's Truck Repair

(908) 537-6446

2135 State Route 31

Glen Gardner, NJ 08826

$15 NICS + tax($16), $30 transfer.

His prices on firearms are some of the cheapest I've seen, and he can order anything that is in his book(Jersey legal of course).

Only open M-F, CASH ONLY.

• Like 1

New to this forumn. I have used the FFL below with good results. I worked with Cyrus and he is a great guy. The transfer price $50 for everything. He has a few guns in stock and hunting and fishing supplies. He is A few miles down the road from CJR&PC.

Pinelands Sporting Goods

Cyrus

959 West Veterans Highway

Jackson, NJ 08527-3339

(732) 961-7248

Open Weekdays 9am-6pm; Weekends 7am-5pm

I had my CZ75 SP-01 9mm shipped to Lincoln Park True Value. $40 for everything. Bruce was very friendly and everything went smoothly...and there's a Dunkin Donuts next door to have a cup of coffe while you wait for the NICS people to process your background check. I will continue to use them from now on.

Bruce does all of my transfers too.

Here At Rayco Armory (raycoarmory.com or 856-663-1300) we charge $35+15 on Used Guns and on New guns we can usually price match and waive the transfer fee if we get it for you. plus A 10% off coupon for your next visit! (Firearms excluded)

Same price per transfer even if we do more than one at a time, like say 4 stripped AR lowers at once?