tbtrout

FFL FEES

http://www.TJSportingarms.com

738 Rt. 9

Bayville, NJ 08005

Tony 732-330-3652

Tell them Robert from Barnegat sent you.

$25 Transfer Fee + 15 Nics = $41.05

Great service and prices. Will not go wrong.

Robert, You didnt happen to be at TJ's Thursday night picking up a gun were you?

I agree with Robert, great guys at TJ's Sporting Arms!

-Scott

arms-n-ammo $40 transfer $15 nics...paul is the best hands down....,

i would not hesitate to use paul for any firearm purchase..

arms-n-ammo $40 transfer $15 nics...paul is the best hands down....,

i would not hesitate to use paul for any firearm purchase..

+1. Every gun that I own has been either purchased from Paul or transferred through him.

Don't think I've seen Jim mentioned in this thread, so:

Action Shooters Supply

267 Haledon Ave

Haledon, NJ 07508

973-942-6464

$20 for transfers plus NICS fee + tax = $37. I've done a couple transfers thru him recently - no issues. He won't touch any AK stuff tho.

Jim does all of my transfers. Great guy and a straight shooter (no pun intended).

I bought an M95 on gunbroker from Jim, he does seem like a nice guy, no problems at all with the sale/paperwork. Very small store though.. had almost no inventory when I was in there. Said a lot of his stuff is on consignment, so stock level's vary.. wished i lived closer so I could check it out.

I bought an M95 on gunbroker from Jim, he does seem like a nice guy, no problems at all with the sale/paperwork. Very small store though.. had almost no inventory when I was in there. Said a lot of his stuff is on consignment, so stock level's vary.. wished i lived closer so I could check it out.

He occasionally has some neat stuff but I think his business is based off of transfers. He's the cheapest in the area so he gets a high transfer volume.

Aside from being slightly grumpy, Jim is a good guy. There's another guy that used the be there all the time, Dave, that I haven't seen the last couple times I've been there, but he's also a good guy and loves to talk guns.

As far as inventory, yeah, he doesn't have much. He had a couple ARs the last time I was in there, some stripped lowers, about 7-10 handguns, and about an equal # of rifles/shotguns. Ammo shelf is usually empty or close to it.

That said, I got lucky, and he had an Austrian proof Glock19 the first time I was in his shop doing a transfer and I scooped it up! He will also order just about anything you want assuming he can find it from one of his distributors (as long as it's not an AK).

He's about 20 minutes from me, and his transfer fees are a steal compared to anywhere else, so, he's my go to guy for transfers. Now if he could only figure out how to pronounce my Greek name instead of handing off the phone to me every time he calls in for a NICS check :lol:

All of the new stuff I have seen in there has been ordered by someone, in some cases through him. His inventory has picked up in the last couple of weeks.

I did manage to get a new gun from him that was sitting in the case. Someone ordered it and then decided they wanted the 45 version rather than the 40, and being my first, I liked the way it fit my hand etc, so I jumped on it.

His inventory is very fluid. If you see something you like, chances are it will not stay there long.

Millstone Sport Shop

20 N River St

Hillsborough, NJ 08844

(908) 359-5713

Transfer: $35

NICS: $15? I forget the exact, whatever the standard is.

Been in this location for 30 years so I support him whenever I can being that he's so local to me.

FYI I have found some good deals at BudsGunShop.com and this place is on their FFL transfer list so its VERY easy to order and go pick it up.

Millstone Sport Shop

20 N River St

Hillsborough, NJ 08844

(908) 359-5713

Transfer: $35

NICS: $15? I forget the exact, whatever the standard is.

I was just coming on here today to list the sport shop. Picked up a gun there last week...

Nice! He's a good guy. Always a plus to support a local business. :)

I think as the sale through the Internet increases, area shops are going to jack up the fees to get in on the action. But anyone with an FFL can tell you that it's a lot more than just signing a book and handing over the firearm. At $65 thpough there is some profit built in.

John Soltesz

World Class Steel, LLC.

680 Grove Ave

Edison, NJ 08820

email: Click here to email me

phone: 732-494-0274

fax: 732-767-9516

Transfer fee: $30.00 transfer fee, $15.00 nics plus tax

tax on NICs and transfer fee ($45), not on price of gun, correct?

Yeah, it comes out to $46 and change

John Soltesz

World Class Steel, LLC.

680 Grove Ave

Edison, NJ 08820

email: Click here to email me

phone: 732-494-0274

fax: 732-767-9516

Transfer fee: $30.00 transfer fee, $15.00 nics plus tax

tax on NICs and transfer fee ($45), not on price of gun, correct?

Yeah, it comes out to $46 and change

That works for sure.

Thanks.