tbtrout

FFL FEES

I was at Heritage Guild in Branchburg getting work done on my bow and checked into their FFL fees. They want $75 for a used gun, and $100 for a new one. :blink:

Oh... PLUS nics. :blink: :blink:

No surprise, same as the home office NJFAGs in Rahway. They've made a corporate decision to discourage transfers.

I tried to use them to transfer a custom action from a benchrest rifle builder, and they still wanted $75. So, I buy some guys from them, but no transfers (which is probably what they want).

I would like to put together a list of FFL's with their fees and website/phone #. Reply with your local guy or a list you may know of.

Thanks

Mastodon Ammo & Camo

195 Highland Lakes Rd.

Highland Lakes, NJ 07422

973-764-9550

Long Guns: $25.00 + $18.00 NICS

Handguns: $50.00 + $18.00 NICS

Thanks,

Joe G.

I use....

Police Products

540 Ravine Court

Wycoff, NJ

201-447-2900

Ask for Greg, nice guy. It's a little hole in the wall place, but he sometimes gets a bunch of police trade ins. His business is selling gun cleaning solutions for PD's.

$40 includes NICS

Here is my dealer:

Ron Grigoletto

Legacy Firearms

3004 Clayton Drive

Wall, NJ 07719

732-280-8750 Phone

732-280-1742 FAX

$25 Transfer + NICS

Great guy, but call ahead to be sure he will be there.

Ugg, I h8 Ron, he makes me spend too much money on guns..................... ;)

Ron is a great guy to deal with, have bought several beautiful used guns from him, a few new guns, and have had MANY guns sent to him and transfered to me.

You have to love the message on his answering machine too!

BTW: He is also a VERY good shooter!

caso is a di*k i bought my ar from him. Hes an old man very disrespectful sky high prices little inventory and he dont do transfers.

I have a bought a lot of stuff from Caso's. The old man can be a bit cranky but he is a real nice guy. Both of his daughters are very friendly and helpful. I find their prices comparable to many other places. I asked them to price a gun for me but they couldnt get it. I found one and had it shipped to them. She didn't charge me a fee besides nics because she wasn't able to get it for me. For future transfers I will most likely use JetAgent because I had a real good experience with them recently and will support people I like. It's not all about price sometimes for me.

I use....

Police Products

540 Ravine Court

Wycoff, NJ

201-447-2900

Ask for Greg, nice guy. It's a little hole in the wall place, but he sometimes gets a bunch of police trade ins. His business is selling gun cleaning solutions for PD's.

$40 includes NICS

FYI - It's Wyckoff. I grew up right up the hill from there. If memory serves, that's a cul-de-sac off of Ravine Avenue. He must work out of his house right?

I have used Lincoln Park True Value for buying and shipping guns for years. I only had one problem with a couple lost magazines from a shipment but I never found out where the loss occurred. I don't think it was Bruce Smith's fault as he puts the box on his desk, fills out the paperwork and ships it. It doesn't seem possible he lost them. After that, I always put a packing list in the box, point out the contains of the shipment to Bruce, and tape everything to together. After that, no problems.

FYI - It's Wyckoff. I grew up right up the hill from there. If memory serves, that's a cul-de-sac off of Ravine Avenue. He must work out of his house right?

I have used Lincoln Park True Value for buying and shipping guns for years. I only had one problem with a couple lost magazines from a shipment but I never found out where the loss occurred. I don't think it was Bruce Smith's fault as he puts the box on his desk, fills out the paperwork and ships it. It doesn't seem possible he lost them. After that, I always put a packing list in the box, point out the contains of the shipment to Bruce, and tape everything to together. After that, no problems.

No house. At the end of the street is a long driveway to a large industrial/warehouse type bldng that he uses a small part of.

Why do some charge more for new guns than used? Is there any difference in the transfer process?

Also, why would someone say "we waive the transfer fee if we get you the gun"? I've never paid a transfer fee to a dealer who got it for me, only for one that I purchased elsewhere and had shipped to them.

Nice! He's a good guy. Always a plus to support a local business. :)

I have a question about this shop. Since I've been looking to order a Seekins precision lower for my latest AR style build (the previous ones were all built in NM) I have called several of the shops recommended on this site and all have told me they wont do a transfer on any of the black guns/lowers. Personally I wouldn't shop at an FFL that does not support the second amendment fully so I'm still looking for a FFL that will allow me to get my new lower. Does this Shop allow The transfer of Ar style lowers? I'm most likely going to call him but i'm wondering if i'm not saying the right thing when I inquire or those asked really don't do transfers for AR style rifles. So far I've exhausted all the shops local to me except The one you have talked about and Effingers. I refuse to spend 95 bucks to do a transfer so Effingers is out of the question. Unfortunately they're also the only ones that have said they'll do it. I can only speak of the the ones I've asked within a decent traveling time from my home so don't think I'm bashing on all FFL's.

I know a guy in Moorestown (South Jersey) that charges $16.10 for transfer plus NICS.

Was there yesterday, total cost was $32 and change.

He keeps a low profile, no website, and it's not a gun shop. He's right on Main St.

If you google Gerards Guns, you'll find it.

I just went to Millstone sport shop on River rd in Hillsborough (previously mentioned in this section), and all's I can say is awesome. Not because of inventory but because of the owner. Really great guy who truly believes in the second amendment. I ended up talking to him for an hour about NJ and its laws. Glad I found him on here. Thanks to the members that posted him here. While I was there we even got seekins precision on my cell and they are shipping my lower today. The place is only 2 miles from my house and his FFL is on Impact guns file already. My collection is going to be back to it's old ways very soon. MAN I'M EXCITED!!

plus $15 nic's + when its come to service product,they sold,they are nasty as hell,specially Jeff the gunsmith.

I have a bought a lot of stuff from Caso's. The old man can be a bit cranky but he is a real nice guy. Both of his daughters are very friendly and helpful. I find their prices comparable to many other places. I asked them to price a gun for me but they couldnt get it. I found one and had it shipped to them. She didn't charge me a fee besides nics because she wasn't able to get it for me. For future transfers I will most likely use JetAgent because I had a real good experience with them recently and will support people I like. It's not all about price sometimes for me.

caso is a di*k i bought my ar from him. Hes an old man very disrespectful sky high prices little inventory and he dont do transfers.

Although I've personally had good shopping experiences at Caso's, this does appear to be a recurring theme.

Most recently I ran into this at another local dealer, with cash in pocket. Too busy to make a sale? Really? The dealer a few towns over was more than happy to make a sale. Keep it up guys. Only a matter of time before you "shoot yourself in the foot".

How does this phenomemom draw new people into this sport?