tbtrout

FFL FEES

It's Richard Venezia

Great guy, and how cool is it to have a former aerospace engineer as a local gunsmith and FFL? He's worked on a variety of projects in his career, from DOD weapons systems to NASA components, and has some crazy stories.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Great guy, and how cool is it to have a former aerospace engineer as a local gunsmith and FFL? He's worked on a variety of projects in his career, from DOD weapons systems to NASA components, and has some crazy stories.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

That's very true. I bet he has stories for weeks about that stuff.

guys if anyone is near Monroe township I just found a pretty sweet FFL rate. I found his info on gunbrokers find FFL and it says $30 + NICS but I just called him yesterday and he said $25 + NICS. Either is a good deal since most want to charge nearly double that for a transfer. Here's his info, he is a very nice guy and runs his business out of his house, so he is by appointment only.

James Whittaker

Whittaker Arms

720 9th Street

Hammonton, NJ 08037

Phone: 609-432-2367

guys if anyone is near Monroe township I just found a pretty sweet FFL rate. I found his info on gunbrokers find FFL and it says $30 + NICS but I just called him yesterday and he said $25 + NICS. Either is a good deal since most want to charge nearly double that for a transfer. Here's his info, he is a very nice guy and runs his business out of his house, so he is by appointment only.

James Whittaker

Whittaker Arms

720 9th Street

Hammonton, NJ 08037

Phone: 609-432-2367

+1 on this, I just got off the phone with him, Call him you will not be disappointed!

OMG customs guns is a gun store or Rick does it out of the house/warehouse?

OMG Custom Guns

Rick runs a small gun store in the back of his families appliance store.

Real nice guy and great gunsmith.

Bob Kislins on 37 in toms river is

$65 for transfer + NICS plus tax

wow that went up alot since the last time I used them.

Anyone in the TR/Bayville/Tuckerton area use TJ Sporting Arms if you want a better rate. Tony charges $25 + NICS and is super friendly and accommodating.

It seems like the other local places (kislin's, shore shot, brick armory) don't really want to do transfers and therefore have them priced so high.

I will say that the old guys behind the counter at Kislins are rather fun to talk to/informative and I do buy my cleaning stuff from them because I like to shop local.

Whats the normal wait time for state to release weapon to a person?

Do you mean time for a dealer to hand it to you from when he does the NICS? I can only say that the two times I purchased a handgun in NJ it took about 40 minutes. I was delayed both times for an undisclosed reason. Should have been about 5 minutes.

Do you mean time for a dealer to hand it to you from when he does the NICS? I can only say that the two times I purchased a handgun in NJ it took about 40 minutes. I was delayed both times for an undisclosed reason. Should have been about 5 minutes.

Mine just took five days, ordered on monday came back on friday.