silverado427

Active shooter in Philly

35 minutes ago, DaddyNick said:

Typical hoodrat.  Shoots multiple people but once he's cornered he turns into a pussycat and surrenders.  That POS should not be breathing. He should be room temperature. 

I can’t say I disagree with you. 

6 minutes ago, 45Doll said:

Here's the gentleman's particulars.

I wonder if Mayor Kinney will be 'mad' this guy was still running around. Or will he count on the current Soros-backed Philly DA to defend the shooter to the hilt?

"...many criminal charges ended up not being prosecuted by authorities, including firearms offenses …"

• FacePalm 1

He must be a customer of "The Juan, Jose and DeShawn Gun Shop", located on this corner in the trunk of a '66 Impala tonight, and on that corner in the trunk of a '70 Chrysler Imperial tomorrow night. The only paperwork they deal in is green.

1 hour ago, Zeke said:

I’ve read this as well. But it was a small isolated group 

1 hour ago, kc17 said:

Yes, they also had some upstanding citizens praising and supporting the police.

I saw the live reports on this on 3 and 10 in Philly, and that's exactly what the reporters on scene said. The estimate of the unruly neighbors was around 2%.

The Philadelphia DA Larry Krasner is on TV right now explaining that this guy was on the street because system policies were followed and this was the result. He also explained that law enforcement is like medicine; it's all about risk management and sometimes you have a bad outcome. What a crock.

He's looking very uncomfortable. And he should be.

It bears repeating LOUDLY...this has NOTHING to do with gun control. This criminal did not buy his firearms legally, the current system background checks did not fail. He’s a career criminal, who shouldn’t have been allowed to walk around in public in the first place. The blame for this falls squarely on the city of Philadelphia for failure to prosecute this person for his extensive criminal record, when they had ample opportunity to do so. 

Mayor Kinney and DA Krasner SHOULD be uncomfortable as hell....

• Agree 3

22 minutes ago, Displaced Texan said:

Mayor Kinney and DA Krasnodar SHOULD be uncomfortable as hell....

I'll be waiting to see if there's any reporters with balls left in Philadelphia. There's a news conference tomorrow with the mayor, chief, probably the DA, and Wolf. Wolf has already announced 'sweeping new executive actions' on 'gun safety'. Translation: gun control.

They should all be put on the hot seat and have their gun control crap thrown back in their faces.

• Agree 1

35 minutes ago, Displaced Texan said:

Mayor Kinney

14 minutes ago, 45Doll said:

They should all be put on the hot seat and have their gun control crap thrown back in their faces.

Exactly right, how the heck does the mayor get away with saying this stuff, when he has facts that show Hill has been a career criminal for DECADES living in the mayor's city?? The mayor wants to blame the NRA??  Really?? Where are the reporters  and media to call him out on this crap?

....."“This guy is clearly a criminal…he had apparently a long record. Has been involved in criminal justice before and he was able to get these weapons,” the mayor said, calling the situation “Disgusting.”

In a press conference, the mayor criticized the government for not standing “up to the NRA.”

“If the state and federal government don’t want to stand up to the NRA, then let us police ourselves,” he said. “Our officers deserve to be protected.”

Red flag laws deny accused the presumption of innocence until proven guilty. While I am not a lawyer, I doubt they would pass a SCOTUS challenge, in the big picture. 

Universal background checks...gee, don’t we already HAVE a background check system? Criminals will find a way to buy firearms. They always have. 

4 minutes ago, Sniper said:

Exactly right, how the heck does the mayor get away with saying this stuff, when he has facts that show Hill has been a career criminal for DECADES living in the mayor's city?? The mayor wants to blame the NRA??  Really?? Where are the reporters  and media to call him out on this crap?

....."“This guy is clearly a criminal…he had apparently a long record. Has been involved in criminal justice before and he was able to get these weapons,” the mayor said, calling the situation “Disgusting.”

In a press conference, the mayor criticized the government for not standing “up to the NRA.”

Somehow, I seriously doubt Hill is an NRA member, and I’m 100% positive he obtained his firearms illegally.

Mayor Kinney is merely deflecting blame away from himself and the systematic failures of the city of Philadelphia. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

22 minutes ago, Displaced Texan said:

...the systematic failures of the city of Philadelphia. 

https://news.yahoo.com/something-philadelphia-mayor-calls-gun-103826012.html

"Hill, from Philadelphia, has been arrested roughly a dozen times since turning 18 and has been convicted six times on gun, drug and assault charges, the Inquirer reported. He has been in and out of prison, including serving time in federal prison, the newspaper reported."

Criminal in possession of a firearm.  There's a law for that.  :rolleyes:

59 minutes ago, Displaced Texan said:

Red flag laws deny accused the presumption of innocence until proven guilty. While I am not a lawyer, I doubt they would pass a SCOTUS challenge, in the big picture. 

Universal background checks...gee, don’t we already HAVE a background check system? Criminals will find a way to buy firearms. They always have. 

In this case I think you are framing the question about the red flag law incorrectly. 

The police flagged this dude previously. The system ignored it. Why would adding another law that the DA is free to ignore going to help with the DA ignoring people breaking the law?