silverado427

Active shooter in Philly

9 minutes ago, raz-0 said:

In this case I think you are framing the question about the red flag law incorrectly. 

The police flagged this dude previously. The system ignored it. Why would adding another law that the DA is free to ignore going to help with the DA ignoring people breaking the law? 

I don’t disagree with your point. The DA screwed the pooch big time on this one. 

I meant in general...people who are ‘called in’ as a threat to someone, being denied due process, having firearms taken away from them and their rights stripped. 

3 hours ago, 0Jeep4 said:

It was a state PD helicopter with a bomb provided by a Federal I forgot if it was ATF or FBI

It was an "entry device", not a bomb!  The FBI loaned it to us but we broke it! The resulting fire was caused by gasoline cans the Move members had stored on the roof, not the "entry device".:)

• Informative 1

12 minutes ago, 1LtCAP said:

yea 'cause everyone stores cans of gas on the roof.

Police had cut power to the house much earlier and the Move members were powering the house with a gas generator that was stored inside the rooftop bunker.

Back to Wednesday's shooting:

And now the authorities are saying the shooter used an AR15 and expended about 100 rounds.

The politicians make it sound like a ton of ammo.

Sounds more to me like a normal range session or a high power match.

Funny that this is the first mention of an ar being used as opposed to it every third word being ar-15, assault weapon, or weapon of war in the “live coverage” and breaking reports all over the web .......I’m going with Taurus/high point, or other street bought gun  and they’re running the story back and changing it as they love to do when it’s not how they want.

I had to laugh. A male reporter on Fox 29 was on with 'new information' early yesterday evening. One of the new items was that the rifle had been identified as an "AK-15".

I rewound that several times to make sure I got it right. I'm a stickler for detail.

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, 45Doll said:

I had to laugh. A male reporter on Fox 29 was on with 'new information' early yesterday evening. One of the new items was that the rifle had been identified as an "AK-15".

I rewound that several times to make sure I got it right. I'm a stickler for detail.

journalists-guide-to-firearms-ar15-ar15-

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, 1LtCAP said:

link not working?

4 hours ago, silverado427 said:

Now there's a ad you have to watch for 15 seconds

Or you can go straight to the source:

https://www.justice.gov/usao-edpa/pr/statement-united-states-attorney-william-m-mcswain-shooting-six-philadelphia-police