Maksim

Wanna help put 1,000 rounds through a Troy A4?

@TechOpsInternational believes in their product enough to let me and a few friends run 1,000 rounds through the gun this weekend.

Wanna help out?  Let me know.  Private private range in PA this weekend... 

May live stream this... 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Maksim said:

@TechOpsInternational believes in their product enough to let me and a few friends run 1,000 rounds through the gun this weekend.

Wanna help out?  Let me know.  Private private range in PA this weekend... 

May live stream this... 

Of course your hitting the fun switch right????

;)

2 hours ago, USRifle30Cal said:

Of course your hitting the fun switch right????

;)

No no. No fun switch.  It will have however a muzzle...(Suppressor) just to keep it hearing safe and not piss off too many neighbors.  Have to think through if will be for all 1k or half kr what.

1 hour ago, kc17 said:

Which day & time?

Send me a pm. Saturday time will be early afternoon.

Maks, 

Cannot make it this weekend but thanks for invite.

I did watch your video on Slav Guns this evening and subscribed!  

This firearm in 556 is really of growing interest to me.  I do not currently own an AR.

I noticed the specs of the gun state it has a 1:7 twist rate.  (As does the Dark Storm DS-15)  Is that correct that it has conventional rifling?  I.e. no different than any other AR.

The reason I ask, is somewhere I recently read about an "Other Firearm" that has straight or no rifling, which made it legal, albeat inaccurate past 100 yards or so.   Appreciate any clarification you can provide on this point.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, oldguysrule649 said:

Maks, 

Cannot make it this weekend but thanks for invite.

I did watch your video on Slav Guns this evening and subscribed!  

This firearm in 556 is really of growing interest to me.  I do not currently own an AR.

I noticed the specs of the gun state it has a 1:7 twist rate.  (As does the Dark Storm DS-15)  Is that correct that it has conventional rifling?  I.e. no different than any other AR.

The reason I ask, is somewhere I recently read about an "Other Firearm" that has straight or no rifling, which made it legal, albeat inaccurate past 100 yards or so.   Appreciate any clarification you can provide on this point.

The first "other firearm" as made by Franklin Armory had straight barrels and how it worked with the current rules.

These "other firearms" do so by using a pistol brace AND the vertical grip... so they do contain a regular rifled barrel.

1 in 7 is pretty much the standard twist rate nowadays and should be good for any 55 through 77 grain bullets you throw at it.

Will do some 300 yard accuracy testing in the next few weeks, as soon as I get some match grade ammo from friends at Hornady.

Maks,  thanks for the prompt reply.  Btw, I just posted my own Ruger RPR 556/223 1:7 twist match ammo results in a thread in the Ammo and Reloading section.  You may find it of interest.   (Unfortunately, I do not have any friends at Hornady, Sig, or Black Hills, etc.  LOL)

8 hours ago, Maksim said:

PM me...

Am going to keep a limit as well, this is not a public range. lol.  And we are not getting crazy here. 

Roger. I'm down at Long Beach Island. I was hoping to leave tonight, but we finally have some sun today. When I pick up mine we'll have to break it in. 

1 hour ago, ChrisJM981 said:

Roger. I'm down at Long Beach Island. I was hoping to leave tonight, but we finally have some sun today. When I pick up mine we'll have to break it in. 

In

9 hours ago, oldguysrule649 said:

Standard twist rate.  ARs generally have 1/7, 1/8, 1/9 or sometimes even 1/12 twist rate.  The slower twist rates (1/9, 1/12) are more meant for lighter, varmint type rounds (under 55gr bullets).  1/7 twist rate can stabilize up to like a 85gr bullet or even higher.  It's more for stability and accuracy than safety (though if you tried to put an 80gr .223 through a 1/16 twist barrel, you're not going to have a great time)...

I rented the Troy this morning at Longshot and must say that I was really impressed with the handling characteristics and absence of recoil.  I only put 50 rounds through because buying ammo at range will make you poor quickly but it really is a well made and balanced firearm.  And of course it's pretty loud esp in an indoor range but that's to be expected.

If I wasn't waiting for a 9mm NJ legal SBF I would pick one up.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, samtechlan said:

I rented the Troy this morning at Longshot and must say that I was really impressed with the handling characteristics and absence of recoil.  I only put 50 rounds through because buying ammo at range will make you poor quickly but it really is a well made and balanced firearm.  And of course it's pretty loud esp in an indoor range but that's to be expected.

If I wasn't waiting for a 9mm NJ legal SBF I would pick one up.  

Why not get both? =)

The Troy flash hider actually does a decent job with reducing recoil as well.  Was fairly impressed although after hundreds of rounds, with a few machine guns sprinkled in... your shoulder does start to feel it a tad.