SJG

The price race is on

37 minutes ago, SJG said:

Just browsing on gunbroker and noticed under non-NFA firearms, Radical Firearms has their version for $649, but not sure what components are in it.

That's about the right price for these things. 

• Like 2

There is angun for everyone.  This will appeal to folks who are price sensitive... I doubt to many will be found in the state though. 

Right now in NJ the market is dominated by Troy and Dark Storm.  Third is MM and is quite a bit behind. (Yes i do have ideas on sales numbers). 

And all three are there because they have boots on the ground.

Now you have more coming in and will be a blood bath for the other manufacturers competing online. 

And who knows the quality of the guns...

8 minutes ago, Blacksmythe said:

I went looking for a MM and no stores had it. They kept shoving the Troy at me lol

For now, MM is a very small time company that is catering to LEO.  Many of the typical gun stores in the states and quite a few vendors here do not carry MM rifles for a variety of reasons.

I also know the whole barrel size screw up cost them time as well.

Spoke with Joe last night and apparently they are still all backordered.

The one thing to keep in mind is that the guys at MM are also involved in other projects and businesses and as of yesterday "I do not need any help selling rifles,"  though I was invited for a shop tour and some private training to run their guns through.

What I dislike however is that there is a lot of bad mouthing going on behind the scenes and outright lies, many of which I have to call BS on and correct the companies and reps.  Only one vendor has not said anything bad about their competitors. This really reminds me of what you find in the suppressor community... 

Completely different from the grown up companies where even if they think their competitors' products are inferior, they realize there is enough business to go around... and you can always crap on Hi-Point. LOL/JK... maybe?

15 minutes ago, Blacksmythe said:

I went looking for a MM and no stores had it. They kept shoving the Troy at me lol

Oh that is is probably because they can use a ruler. =P

Sorry could not resist.

But in all seriousness, knowing the people behind the guns, it comes down to a few things... the guys at Troy and DSI put in the activity and have boots on the ground.   They also make a damn good gun.

The stores feel comfortable with it and the Troy rifle is a very low risk sale.

1. It has a Letter from NJSP, 2. It has a very reasonable price point, 3. It has the Troy name which is well known.

Other things... good promos with mags, the gun comes with sights and is ready to go out of the box without having to spend on optics and most of all does not feel cheap.  I REALLY like the rail on mine.

Furthermore, for both Troy and DSI guns, there are companies out there who are doing guns full time who are going to stand behind the guns.

The MM guns ARE GOOD as per the folks on here who own them but the facts are that they are a small company and are largely dependent on their parts suppliers for the components rather than manufacturers who always have the option of making whatever they need.

I was over at MM today. They are building their SBFs as we speak.

They just got 11.75” barrels that will satisfy the 26” OAL requirement without any pinning of the muzzle device or pistol brace.

They are also machining new longer hand guards that will maximize the available real estate to coincide with the extra barrel length - it adds a whole extra MLOK slot. New configuration looks very sharp with less barrel hanging out in front. Subjectively - it balances better and the extra length actually makes the gun more comfortable, especially when using the VFG and a white light.

I also saw the parts for a few 9mm versions in the bins getting ready for assembly. Those are going to be amazeballs.

• Like 2
  • Informative 1

"What I dislike however is that there is a lot of bad mouthing going on behind the scenes and outright lies, many of which I have to call BS on and correct the companies and reps.  Only one vendor has not said anything bad about their competitors. This really reminds me of what you find in the suppressor community... "

That is the vast majority of the gun industry. I think this is mostly driven from the industry wide incestural relationship of companies hiring personalities to run sales instead of actual business people.

1 hour ago, High Exposure said:

I was over at MM today. They are building their SBFs as we speak.

They just got 11.75” barrels that will satisfy the 26” OAL requirement without any pinning of the muzzle device or pistol brace.

They are also machining new longer hand guards that will maximize the available real estate to coincide with the extra barrel length - it adds a whole extra MLOK slot. New configuration looks very sharp with less barrel hanging out in front. Subjectively - it balances better and the extra length actually makes the gun more comfortable, especially when using the VFG and a white light.

I also saw the parts for a few 9mm versions in the bins getting ready for assembly. Those are going to be amazeballs.

The 9mm MM sbf is what I'm interested in.  Did they give you an estimate as to availability?

Unless I'm mistaken MM is also the only one of the three that is going to offer a 9mm sbf.

1 hour ago, samtechlan said:

The 9mm MM sbf is what I'm interested in.  Did they give you an estimate as to availability?

Unless I'm mistaken MM is also the only one of the three that is going to offer a 9mm sbf.

I was told " around " Labor Day.

DSI offers one.

4 minutes ago, Contrvlr said:

I was told " around " Labor Day.

DSI offers one.

DSI offers one and I shot the Troy 9mm.

There is actually shooting footage of it in my video.  It will be avail to try Next Wed at Garden State shooting Center and I will have the opportunity to play with the DSI 9mm on Wed.  Will report.  The Troy 9mm should be publicly available in a few weeks and IIRC a few dealers are already pre-ordering them.

I think 9mm is hella fun in these guns in this size and I look forward to shooting all three.

On 8/26/2019 at 7:20 PM, Maksim said:

DSI offers one and I shot the Troy 9mm.

There is actually shooting footage of it in my video.  It will be avail to try Next Wed at Garden State shooting Center and I will have the opportunity to play with the DSI 9mm on Wed.  Will report.  The Troy 9mm should be publicly available in a few weeks and IIRC a few dealers are already pre-ordering them.

I think 9mm is hella fun in these guns in this size and I look forward to shooting all three.

Add to the list the Radical Firearms "Other" for $650, someone posted the specs.Maybe they will send you one to test.

On 8/26/2019 at 6:13 PM, samtechlan said:

Coming soon!! 

74227265-D65E-4A39-B64A-E3B662777429.jpeg

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, High Exposure said:

Yeah man. I got to mess with the mock up yesterday. It’s pretty freaking cool! I’m very excited for this.

I saw the mock pistol today. The SBF should be sweet..

7 minutes ago, Maksim said:

So looks like you have encouraged MM to get me a gun. lol.  Apparently I should be getting one.  Will keep in the loop.

Glad we could help if your referring to HE or myself.. lol 

We are now offering the Radical Arms FO13 at $699.00 wit ha Lifetime Warranty!

If you think the other brand is worth TWICE the price - Buy it!

Radical makes a very good quality firearm w/o breaking the bank. And to those who say differently - you don't put a Lifetime Warranty on junk because you're married to it for a very long time...........

Radical FO13 info.jpeg

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, Bones said:

I just bought 2 of these from a sporting goods nearby..599.00 each.. Did not come with the fore grip...

My understanding is that if these <16" barrel, >50oz. weight firearms DO NOT have a forward grip, they are considered Short Barreled Rifles (SBR) and are subject to a $200 Federal Tax Stamp (something not available to NJ civilians)

Where are you from, Bones, and in what state did you buy them?

• Agree 1

13" barrel. I'm from Washington state. From my understanding they are considered a " other" firearm. It is sold as a pistol, but I don't think that it is. I paid no tax stamp, so it's not sbr. Google " radical fo13" might explain it better

FYI:

As per federal law:

• If it has a barrel under 16”, a brace instead of a stock, and it is under 26” overall length - it is a pistol* and does not require a stamp.

As described, your gun manufactured by Radical would be illegal in NJ.

• If it has a  barrel under 16”, a VFG, a brace, and it is over 26” overall length it is an “Other” or “Firearm” and does not require a stamp.

• If it has a barrel under 16”, a VFG, a brace, and it is under 26” overall length it is an AOW and requires a stamp.

• If it has a barrel under 16”, and a stock, it is an SBR and requires a stamp.

Welcome to the wonderful and confusing world of AR pattern carbines!

*note: A pistol can not have a VFG by law, that makes it an AOW which requires a stamp. You can put a handstop (like the Magpul AFG) on a pistol however.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1