kc17

Ink Fingerprinting

I am in need of getting ink fingerprinting done at a "Law Enforcement Agency" for my Florida non-resident concealed carry. They specify it must be done there, with the address of the station on the back of the card.

Has anyone semi-recently found a police station or Sheriff's office that has obliged? I do not have a local police dept, covered by NJSP out of Hamilton. I've been told the SP will not do ink printing anymore. I may stop by there later this week anyway if I can not find another location.

I just came across a website that claims to show locations to get ink printing done. I'll make calls/visits later this week and find out how accurate the list is.

Their website states "Find the nearest fingerprint location throughout New Jersey to obtain inked fingerprint cards for background check processing (e.g. California, Florida, FBI Background Check)......"

https://www.applicantservices.com/Ink-Fingerprinting-Locations/New_Jersey

You might want to try Green Academy of Personal Protection.  http://www.gappnj.com/

They assist people in getting the class work and application filled out for the Utah and Arizona non-resident permits which also includes getting fingerprinted by a police officer.  I'm pretty sure Cameron Green, for a small fee, would have the officer fingerprint you for your Florida permit.  He generally teaches a non-resident conceal carry course once a month at ShootersNJ in Egg Harbor Township.

1 hour ago, kc17 said:

He wrote the club name and address of where the class was held on the back of the card. Florida rejected it.

If I remember, the name of the P.D. that did the fingerprinting needs to be on the back, not the name of the class. You have to submit separate a certificate that you took the class.

16 hours ago, kc17 said:

I just came across a website that claims to show locations to get ink printing done. I'll make calls/visits later this week and find out how accurate the list is.

Their website states "Find the nearest fingerprint location throughout New Jersey to obtain inked fingerprint cards for background check processing (e.g. California, Florida, FBI Background Check)......"

https://www.applicantservices.com/Ink-Fingerprinting-Locations/New_Jersey

Thanks for the link.  I had a difficult time getting prints for my Arizona permit by several local police departments when I lived in the Poconos.  I was able to meet up with a trooper in northern Pennsylvania.  I went with the AZ permit so I wouldn't have to get reprinted every 5 or 7 years, although for New Jersey residents, a Florida permit is the only way to carry there.

I've had local PD fingerprint me for background checks from other agencies. Walked in, told them what I needed and why, got it done quickly, was out the door fast. They didn't charge for it. They didn't make any copies. Any reason you can't check with your local PD to see if they'd do it?