Maksim

Ruger Mark IV 22/45 Lite - Best All Around Rimfire Pistol?

Ruger sent me out the Mark IV 22/45 Lite to do some testing. LOVING it! While I still think the Wrangler is the best first handgun... this is certainly a terrific all around rimfire pistol.

Video premier tonight at 9:30 on YouTube and will give away some Ruger Swag.

22 minutes ago, PK90 said:

Although I haven't shot it, the Ruger Mark IV Lite feels more solid. I never liked the plastic frame of the 22/45.

I think they stepped up the QC on them.  The gun certainly felt premium and the nice rubber grips were the major contact point for the gun and they are fantastic.

2 minutes ago, Maksim said:

I think they stepped up the QC on them.  The gun certainly felt premium and the nice rubber grips were the major contact point for the gun and they are fantastic.

Did they phase out the #$(!# microscope Allen screws used to adjust the sights, and go back to using slotted screws for windage and elevation, like any normal gun?

The Ruger Mark IV 22/45 Lite is the best value, most versatile 22 handgun out there.  It is a Jack of All Trades.  In MY opinion, it is my top choice of a list of (5) currently out there:

Most Versatile:  #1.  Ruger Mark IV 22/45 Lite;   #2.  Best Budget Target:  Ruger Mark IV 22/45 Hunter or Target; Best Training-Style Plinker:  S&W M&P 22 Compact; #4.  "Everyone Should Have" 22 double-action revolver:   Ruger SP101; #5.  Best Budget 22 and revolver to boot:  Ruger Wrangler (or the awesome Single Six w/ conversion cylinder)

Just one it would be the Mark IV 22/45 Lite.  2nd would be either the Wrangler or the SP101 (or possibly a GP100)... and so on.  

Ruger is on target with Rimfires!

On 8/20/2019 at 8:06 PM, Maksim said:

Ruger sent me out the Mark IV 22/45 Lite to do some testing. LOVING it! While I still think the Wrangler is the best first handgun... this is certainly a terrific all around rimfire pistol.

Video premier tonight at 9:30 on YouTube and will give away some Ruger Swag.

It's on my short list. If you still have it I can stop by with ammo for a test drive.

9 hours ago, Bagarocks said:

just got a MKVI target stainless model. nice nice nice! put Halo charging ring on and Hogue grips. the push button "breakdown" is the easiest of any weapon I have ever had. 3 pieces in seconds.

Awesome.  Glad you like it...I agree.  For me, I always avoided the Ruger Mark 2 and 3 pistols as despite being accurate and well built, the  guns were pain in the ass to clean.  

This is even easier than the Smith Victory and 22A pistols. 

I've had one for over a year and it's a great pistol. Accurate and cheap to shoot. My 22/45 Lite seems to hate Remington Thunderbolt and Winchester .22LR, but loves CCI and Federal. Take down is a lot easier than the prior versions, but if you plan to completely disassemble the grip internals it's a little tricky. I now just use 1/3 a can of cleaner and compressed air to blow the gunk out.

• Like 1