Sniper

Petition to ban gun sales at Walmart tops 129,000 signatures, lands on CEO’s desk

I can't say that I frequent WalMart very often... but those few times a year just dropped to ZERO... for life! I will most certainly be communicating my displeasure to WalMart's headquarters as well.

In addition, I do feel like my entry into reloading will turn out to be a fortuitously well-timed one. It's time to get that new interest cranking along in earnest!

The utter stupidity of these people... as though inconveniencing and turning off the overwhelming majority of decent, law-abiding legal gun owners is going to have any discernable impact at all on crime. Ridiculous!

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

28 minutes ago, Mrs. Peel said:

I can't say that I frequent WalMart very often... but those few times a year just dropped to ZERO...

I actually frequent Walmart a lot, as they're close by. I do a lot of my grocery shopping there too. But, I'm a big believer in "principal", and they now acquiescing to the gun grabbers, my shopping in their store will drop to zero.

Talk about a MAJOR slap in the face to their core shoppers.

• Like 3

Boycotts are good, but they are most impactful if you (simultaneously) politely but firmly voice your displeasure to the company and LET THEM KNOW you'll no longer be their shopper.

I just sent them a doozy of an email, and am about to call their customer service line as well. Here's the link with contact info:

https://corporate.walmart.com/contact-us

BTW, I'm no expert, but I don't even see the logic of this... it seems that they're trying to separate and conquer --- punish the defensive shooters, while protecting their traditional "hunters". How's that supposed to work? Not only do some "hunters" use .223 for "varmint" hunting (right?)... but others will own traditional rifles in common hunting calibers, but they'll also own a handgun for home defense. I know a LOT of hunters who have traditional rifles + handguns.

I can't help but think they're poking a bear on this one!

• Agree 2

The CEO posted the whole story on his Facebook page. Most comments are pro 2A and anti Walmart!  Don't forget Sam's Club! I just renewed my membership there unfortunately but BJ's here I come!

Like others here, I have not walked into a Dick's store for years. Walmart and Sam's is just the same in my book now!:mad:

Here's a link to his Facebook page. Let him know how you feel there as well! https://www.facebook.com/dougmcmillon/posts/2669333629960730?__tn__=K-R

• Like 3

Wow, where did that come from! Gotta wonder what they're thinking? Trying to appease the very ones that despise them, their business practices and customers. But I'm sure their numbers crunchers did the math. I'll send a note to them and cross them off the list like Dick's.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, EX Carnival man said:

I bought ammo there maybe once in Florida.  I do own 110 shares of Walmart stock that I plan to sell.  I have to sell a few stocks for another project I have in the works down in Florida. Walmart's new policy just made my decision much easier. 

...or alternatively get together with a bunch of like minded investors and buy a ton more and just force them to bend the other way. Unfortunately really large companies have large amounts of stock out there so unless some deep pockets get involved or a really large group of smaller investors it’d be a tough one to pull off.

for the 2 times a year or whatever I go to Walmart I am happy to go elsewhere. I dislike going there anyway so no big change for me to not go there ever again. 

-Jim

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

Walmart Discontinues Auto Part Sales To Prevent Car Accidents

BENTONVILLE, AR—In a bold move intended to curb the thousands of deaths from vehicles each and every day, Walmart has decided to stop selling auto parts, sources confirmed Tuesday.

According to shocking reports, people have purchased car parts at Walmart and then those cars have been involved in accidents, proving a direct correlation between selling auto parts and causing deaths.

"We can no longer be complicit in an industry that kills over 3,000 people a day," said a spokesperson for Walmart. "Every time we sell a muffler, steering wheel cover, or flame decal, we are potentially causing the death of a person, and we cannot support that any longer."

"It's clear that bad drivers and poor road conditions don't cause vehicular deaths---cars do."

Walmart executives said they are beating themselves with a stick to atone for the deaths they've already caused.

"Our consciences will only be clean when we've been mercilessly beaten once for each of the millions of deaths that have been caused by automobiles since Walmart began selling auto parts," said one executive before solemnly beginning to beat himself with a baseball bat.

https://babylonbee.com/news/walmart-discontinues-sale-of-auto-parts-to-prevent-car-accidents?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=mjk

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, JimB1 said:

...or alternatively get together with a bunch of like minded investors and buy a ton more and just force them to bend the other way. Unfortunately really large companies have large amounts of stock out there so unless some deep pockets get involved or a really large group of smaller investors it’d be a tough one to pull off.

for the 2 times a year or whatever I go to Walmart I am happy to go elsewhere. I dislike going there anyway so no big change for me to not go there ever again. 

-Jim

There’s no way individuals could ever buy enough Walmart stock to matter.  A billion and a half $$$ will get you a out 0.5% of the outstanding shares.

You’d probably do more by getting 10’s of thousands of people to leave crap reviews for walmart online.  Or get those same people to go to the walmart website and write “letters to the president” ...aka... how walmart lets customers complain.....   Usually people that complain that way get a $25 or $50 gift card after a store manager contacts them.  Store managers, which includes their co-managers and asst mgrs, are required to contact every one of these people and resolve the issue.

So give it a shot.  You could tell them .......they had no frozen vegetables in stock .....or whatever....wasn’t in stock so you had to go elsewhere to buy what you needed and it wasted a half hour of your time. Walmart’s inventory control system sucks.  It relies on people that don’t give a crap about work ethic.......so pick a grocery product and you’d probably be right about it not being on their shelves.

Just a suggestion.....if you want to screw them over and benefit in the process.

On 8/21/2019 at 11:12 PM, JohnnyB said:

I have faith the Walton family loves our Country and our Constitution as much as I do! I am not worried!

Folded ;like origami. Worried yet?

• Like 1

Here is the NRA's statement to the Walmart decision, not that it means much....

...."The National Rifle Association (NRA) in a Tuesday statement slammed Walmart's changes to its gun policies as "shameful" after a mass shooting last month in one of its stores.

"It is shameful to see Walmart succumb to the pressure of the anti-gun elites. Lines at Walmart will soon be replaced by lines at other retailers who are more supportive of America’s fundamental freedoms," the statement said.

"The truth is Walmart’s actions today will not make us any safer. Rather than place the blame on the criminal, Walmart has chosen to victimize law-abiding Americans," the NRA added. "Our leaders must be willing to approach the problems of crime, violence and mental health with sincerity and honesty."

https://thehill.com/regulation/lobbying/459779-nra-slams-walmarts-shameful-change-to-gun-policies

Also remember this part from Walmart last year:

...." Walmart stopped selling assault-style rifles in 2015 and raised the age to purchase guns from 18 to 21 in 2018. "

Walmart rolled over LAST year to the Anti Gunners, bumping up the age to buy rifles, in states where the law was 18.

11 hours ago, JohnnyB said:

I want NOTHING from them!

Still believe that the Waltons follow the constitution and won't cave to pressure?

Your Rose colored glasses are turning pretty dark, it might be time to take them off.

FYI, I followed up to my email to Walmart last night with a call to their 800 customer service number this morning. I was only on a few minutes - and was very polite! I said which store I had shopped at and pointed out some of the household electronics - microwave, TV, etc. - I had purchased there because of their excellent pricing. Then I went on to say that I was also a law-abiding gun owner - and though I felt that Walmart could certainly sell whatever they wanted to, and not sell whatever they didn't want to --- when their CEO decided to "go activist" by communicating with the Whitehouse and openly advocating gun control - they lost me as a customer for life. I said it was a helluva thing that they would use their accumulated wealth - earned on the backs of customers like myself - to then try to strip away our Constitutional rights... and that punishing law-abiding people for the actions of a handful of madmen was truly insane and extremely bad business. I ended by saying, "I really hope your CEO gets this message". She quickly said, "we have a team assigned to this and your message will be forwarded to them."

Hmmm... I wonder if that's true? I think it might be. They might well have anticipated backlash and are trying to measure how much this might impact sales. That said, I hope you ALL contact them via multiple methods --- and let them know how you feel. It might help curtail additional activism by this CEO.

Why don't the masses open carry in Walmarts? Have signs been posted? From what I have read, Walmart is only "asking" for CCW carry. We need to "train" the public that guns are good. The AntiBrainwash serum.

Just now, PK90 said:

Why don't the masses open carry in Walmarts? Have signs been posted? From what I have read, Walmart is only "asking" for CCW carry. We need to "train" the public that guns are good. The AntiBrainwash serum.

I saw on the news they plan on posting. 

I received a response from Walmart regarding my complaint. It was as useless as I expected it to be.

We appreciate you taking the time to share your concern with us. Be assured that your comments have been documented for our management to review. You can read the specifics of the change in our firearms and ammunition products at https://corporate.walmart.com/newsroom/2019/09/03/mcmillon-to-associates-our-next-steps-in-response-to-the-tragedies-in-el-paso-and-southaven

Thank you for contacting Walmart where we are always happy to help.
Customer By (09/04/2019 12:20 AM)
Bad call to stop selling this You have lost my family as customers until you reverse this foolish virtue signaling policy

If Walmart is so anti-gun and  strong with their anti-American view, why would they continue to sell hunting rifles and accessories and WHY are they going to sell off their dangerous ammo stock and not backfill?  Why not destroy it instead, as it is so dangerous, or at least take it off the market.  Take the hit, Walmart, and live up to your supposed principles.   Keep that Ammo off the street, you hypocritical sellouts.  And, if you don't want to carry those instruments of freedom and responsibility, that is fine, but go F' Off if you want the Asshat Weapon's Ban reinstated.   By the way, does Walmart use Salesforce Scum Software?  Has that Scum Outfit threatened Walmart?  

At the very least all Constituionally framed Americans SHOULD NOT buy any firearms or ammo from Walmart.  IF you must support this unAmerican corporation caving to Community-Organizing Terrorists at the very least boycott EVERYTHING in the Sporting Department including tents, hunting equipment, archery equipment and all.  NOTHING.  Let that stuff sit on the shelves.  

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, WP22 said:

meanwhile at brownells

brownells.JPG

They used Walmart colors too, love brownells. Got shorted on a 1,000rd purchase didn’t open the box for a couple weeks after it arrived

(was in manufacturer box assumed all was good).

Sent one email with no receipt invoice anything and got a response next day that as soon as it was back in stock it would ship. Four days later package arrived at door with missing ammo no questions no hassle. I recommend them to everyone. 

• Like 2

I am in the process of moving all 9 of my prescriptions OUT OF WALMART pharmacy.

Moving back to my old pharm, a bigger RiteAid locally.

I plan on having a face-to-face with both the pharm mgr and the store mgr before long to tell them why they're losing ALL my business. The pharmacy was what brought me to the store after they expanded into the Deptford area, but I resisted all the 'chinese crap' for the longest time before buckling.

But now I'm gone. I know none of these policy changes by them have a direct effect on us here behind enemy lines in the PRNJ, but this is bigger than us. There are 31 states where permitless carry is permitted. And here we are, so used to being oppressed by our overseers. 

To quote a great film, "I'm as mad as hell and I'm not going to take this any more."

https://youtu.be/tUY05_ZwFzg

• Like 1