Sniper

Petition to ban gun sales at Walmart tops 129,000 signatures, lands on CEO’s desk

This must have been brewing since 2002 when Walmart was singled out in the film Bowling for Columbine years ago for selling the ammo used during the horrible event in Colorado. Mike Meyers went to there corporate HQ with kids in wheelchairs who had bullets in their wounds that could not be removed.  https://www.google.com/search?q=bowling+for+columbine+walmart+scene&oq=bowling+for+columbine+wal&aqs=chrome.2.69i57j0l3.18408j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

I won't ever shop at Walmart (or Dicks) this was just Grandstanding at its worst...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Zelig said:

This must have been brewing since 2002 when Walmart was singled out in the film Bowling for Columbine years ago for selling the ammo used during the horrible event in Colorado. Mike Meyers went to there corporate HQ with kids in wheelchairs who had bullets in their wounds that could not be removed.  https://www.google.com/search?q=bowling+for+columbine+walmart+scene&oq=bowling+for+columbine+wal&aqs=chrome.2.69i57j0l3.18408j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

I won't ever shop at Walmart (or Dicks) this was just Grandstanding at its worst...

PS The video was at Kmart but he mentions Walmart sales in the movie too.

3 minutes ago, WP22 said:

But on the other hand this is a reaction to that dipshit that opened carry his rifle at wm

So, that dipshit in Missouri and the nut case in El Paso (that would be TWO guys) out of 100 million gun owners in the country, and these corporations are making these BIG changes... does it sound strange???

Sounds like they were just looking for a scape goat to pass Anti 2A changes they had planned for quite a while.

9 hours ago, Sniper said:

Sounds like they were just looking for a scape goat to pass Anti 2A changes they had planned for quite a while.

yep.

9 hours ago, Kevin125 said:

I don’t see a downside.

higher prices, less places to shop.

Yes, this particularly hurts people with lower incomes.   Less money for practise, training, safes, memberships, ect.  As they will have to pay a premium.   I wonder how many lives will be lost from WalMart's decision?

12 hours ago, Kevin125 said:

If Walmart decided to not sell ammo or guns in any store, that would be a boost for small business owners.

I see it more about Principles and political leanings. I think these companies making these decisions based on such a small minority issue, and going against established Constitutional rights, is the BIGGER picture.

When these corporations make decisions that affect half of their customer base, based on political pressures, it's akin to shooting themselves in the foot. One thing I learned early on in business, Never Sh*T where you Eat!

Walmart has decided that a portion of their customer base (the Trump voters) aren't important to them. We should show them how bad of a decision that was.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Sniper said:

That will really suck, if I can't open carry when shopping at Amazon..

Oh, wait....

If they are planning to do this they probably mean their literally 12 Amazon Go stores and Whole Foods.

How the hell will we survive if we can’t get ripped off by Whole Foods?

Though I was liking the Go store in NYC.

8 minutes ago, Kevin125 said:

Time for organized nationwide boycotts of all of these companies.

I was thinking of starting a new thread relisting all the companies that have turned Politically Correct and decided to lean with a political party, as a reminder on where everyone should NOT shop.

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Sniper said:

I was thinking of starting a new thread relisting all the companies that have turned Politically Correct and decided to lean with a political party, as a reminder on where everyone should NOT shop.

Helpful, but I was thinking of the boycott involving 30 to 40 million people.

7 hours ago, Kevin125 said:

Helpful, but I was thinking of the boycott involving 30 to 40 million people.

The sad/ugly truth is people as a whole are lazy and wont, they will grumble about it but continue to shop there because it’s close/easy/cheap.....same as the “shall not infringe”/ “molon labe” chest pounders, cars stickered all up, 70%of their wardrobe is T-shirt’s with those phrases, online in one post pontificating how no more, not one more inch, etc etc ....

then the next day talking how cool a single shot ar 15 is, accepting and ready to buy one to comply and kiss the kings ring hoping for a  radical change in the laws/social climate is coming

The farther it’s allowed to go the less chance there is to right the ship .......unfortunately I believe it’s been allowed to go to far in the wrong direction already, they have built up too much steam through successes to be able to stop or turn it around now.....all the incrementalism that’s been taking place for years has allowed them to set things up for the future .....and that future is painfully close 

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

On 9/3/2019 at 11:23 PM, Kevin125 said:

There’s no way individuals could ever buy enough Walmart stock to matter.  A billion and a half $$$ will get you a out 0.5% of the outstanding shares.

You’d probably do more by getting 10’s of thousands of people to leave crap reviews for walmart online.  Or get those same people to go to the walmart website and write “letters to the president” ...aka... how walmart lets customers complain.....   Usually people that complain that way get a $25 or $50 gift card after a store manager contacts them.  Store managers, which includes their co-managers and asst mgrs, are required to contact every one of these people and resolve the issue.

So give it a shot.  You could tell them .......they had no frozen vegetables in stock .....or whatever....wasn’t in stock so you had to go elsewhere to buy what you needed and it wasted a half hour of your time. Walmart’s inventory control system sucks.  It relies on people that don’t give a crap about work ethic.......so pick a grocery product and you’d probably be right about it not being on their shelves.

Just a suggestion.....if you want to screw them over and benefit in the process.

Cherry fruit snack pies!   Never any on the shelf when I had out for my weekly commute down south.  So I have to get Apple-filled, which I dont enjoy.

35 minutes ago, AlDente67 said:

Cherry fruit snack pies!   Never any on the shelf when I had out for my weekly commute down south.  So I have to get Apple-filled, which I dont enjoy.

Ha... Ha... I know them well, but my favorite is Blueberry...

That's what I'm going to miss most by not shopping at Walmart!

But, the thing about this is that it’s not good for the industry. Any time you make it harder for somebody to participate in a sport, I don’t care what sport it is, as soon as you make it harder for that customer to participate in the shooting sports, the more likely he is to find something else to do with his recreational time. It’s not going to be good for the shooting sports industry, and it makes me sad. Nobody thinks that it’s good for the shooting sports industry because it’s just eliminating access to somewhere around 4,700 to 4,800 stores.

https://www.recoilweb.com/why-hornady-stopped-selling-ammunition-to-walmart-12-years-ago-152737.html?sfns=xmwa

Interesting article with a lot of insight into possible motivations behind Walmart’s decision - are they really just disguising a plain old business decision as a social justice decision?:

https://www.ammoman.com/blog/is-walmart-turning-anti-gun/

I wonder if Walmart is playing the same game? The gun industry has been a bit soft lately. There was a significant amount of panic buying leading up to the 2016 Presidential election. I’m not surprised by that. What we were all surprised about was the outcome of that election. The result was a drop in the market. Lots of guns waiting to be bought. That was matched with lots of folks feeling relieved over avoiding a political nightmare. Without political fear motivating consumers to make purchases, retailers saw low prices and slow sales. Many argue that this didn’t happen, but there is a name for it. We are in a “Trump slump.” Is Walmart dumping the Second Amendment for more profitable products? Maybe.  ...

On 9/3/2019 at 6:21 PM, Mrs. Peel said:

I can't say that I frequent WalMart very often... but those few times a year just dropped to ZERO... for life!

I don't shop in Walmart.  I also don't shop on Amazon.  Never have.  The reasons are for another thread.  But remember in this suburban bubble we live in we have alternatives.  In more urban areas or even rural areas the choices are much slimmer.  When Walmart moves into an area it devastates that town's businesses and businesses  for towns around.  Most of rural America have no choice but to make their 4-6 week pilgrimage in the old pick-up to Walmart.  They don't have ShopRite or Stop and Shop up at the next corner.  I believe we have dug a retailing grave for ourselves by feeding all these mega-types.  Walmart, Google, Home Depot, Amazon, etc., forced the closing of strip malls, shopping centers and malls throughout the country and now they rule the retailing world.  They know they can't be boycotted.  At least not for long or effectively.  No, I think they have us by the short ones.  Voting these wack-a-doodles currently in office out and changing the voice of the people (consumers) is the most effective way.

• Like 1

There still might be a few Patriots left in the country willing to fight for their rights!

...."Gun rights activists in Texas are testing Walmart’s request not to open-carry in stores by doing just that. 

David Amad, the vice president of Open Carry Texas, told The New York Times the 38,000 members of his group have openly carried their guns inside Walmart stores since the retailer announced last week it is “respectfully requesting” customers to no longer openly bring guns into its stores.

He said none of the members who have done so have been asked to leave. 

“They are ducking the issue,” Amad told the Times. “They are trying to get the gun haters to leave them alone, while at the same time leave us alone when we carry in their stores.”

https://thehill.com/homenews/news/460652-gun-rights-activists-test-walmart-request-not-to-open-carry-guns-into-store