PK90

AOWs in NJ?

Everywhere you look, there are threads about AOWs being legal in NJ. Is this true? I always thought that they were legal, but the old relics at the NJSP FIU said that that was not true. They made me get rid of a few back in 2005 that I legally acquired with ATF NFA approval. They considered the Mossberg 590 12GA with a 14" barrel, a sawed-off shotgun or a destructive device. :facepalm:

Anyhow, now that there are gun friendly employees at the NJSP FIU, ie the recent non-NFA approvals, do you think AOWs would be allowed? Nothing I can find disallows their possession within NJ.

4 hours ago, Shortfuse said:

Does it take 8 months with the efile application I heard it was much faster I also cant find a local place that does Ink fingerprints also don't know how to get my hands on 2 FBI fingerprint Cards. When my local PD did Ink Prints they had the cards 

The cards are free.

https://www.atf.gov/distribution-center-order-form

You can print yourself.

https://www.staples.com/LEE-Fingerprint-Pad-Inkless-Black-2-1-4-W-x-1-3-4-D/product_745899

https://eforms.atf.gov/

Thank You for this Information I put in the ordered for 4 card in case I screw any up but I was under the impression the prints had to be done  by an LE agency and Stamped by said agency . Like What I had to go through to renew my Florida Non Resident Carry. Anyway I will efile when I get the Fingerprint cards in Hand.  Thanks again and any more insight  to this process would be greatly appreciated

1 hour ago, Shortfuse said:

So to be clear can I  AOW  an 8.5" 556 upper on a Lower with a sb3 Brace No pinning anything correct ? NO Minimum length or Weight

Still need VFG. If I’m not mistaken. 

• Agree 1

43 minutes ago, Shortfuse said:

VFG is not a problem I have several Others They have to have the VFG but I don't think you need one for an AOW but I'll worry about that if I get Approval

AOWs require a VFG otherwise it'd be considered a pistol.

• Agree 1

On 4/7/2022 at 5:16 PM, Krdshrk said:

Several have done it - I see more on Reddit r/NJGuns.  

Do they still take 8 months the walk through  videos I've seen on YouTube claim if you efile the wait is about 5-6 weeks.  I got my fingerprint cards just need to get the inkpad I got 4 cards in case I screw up once I get the ink pad I will eFile. Can I get the specs on your AOL in the Pic

4 minutes ago, Shortfuse said:

Do they still take 8 months the walk through  videos I've seen on YouTube claim if you efile the wait is about 5-6 weeks.  I got my fingerprint cards just need to get the inkpad I got 4 cards in case I screw up once I get the ink pad I will eFile. Can I get the specs on your AOL in the Pic

e-Form1 is now a few weeks yes.  Much faster.  That's not my AOW there - check the link and see if you can get the specs - there's others on r/NJGuns who have done it and posted specs.

2 hours ago, Shortfuse said:

Do you have a AOW if so have you been questioned about it at the range asking you because you were one off the few that has actually replied to me I appreciate all info you and a few others have given me. Thanks Keith

No, I don't have an AOW.  It really depends on the range you go to if you get questioned or not.  I tend to go to mostly private ranges and get no questions about my Non-NFA Other firearms.  

Ok I submitted my efile Form 1 application and $200 for an AOW at 10pm last night 4/21/22 within 5 min I received my email with my fingerprint cover letter, my  CLEO forms and a copy of my Form 1 application. Today I mailed my Fingerprint cards to the ATF and mailed the CLEO the wait begins.  Keith  

1 hour ago, Shortfuse said:

Ok I submitted my efile Form 1 application and $200 for an AOW at 10pm last night 4/21/22 within 5 min I received my email with my fingerprint cover letter, my  CLEO forms and a copy of my Form 1 application. Today I mailed my Fingerprint cards to the ATF and mailed the CLEO the wait begins.  Keith  

Good luck - hope to see some updates here about success.