Maksim

9/3/19 - NJGF Meetup at Garden State Shooting Center & Troy A4 Demo Day

27 minutes ago, silverado427 said:

I was there And there was some confusion on my part. I thought It was a $5 walk in for forum members shoot. and if you wanted to shoot the troy stuff you just had to buy the ammo. I guess I got some info mixed up...  What everI gave Maksim some key chains. shot a box of 9mm in a troy and left.

wait so what was the deal then? no $5 walk on? were they renting you the troy stuff? 

58 minutes ago, silverado427 said:

I was there And there was some confusion on my part. I thought It was a $5 walk in for forum members shoot. and if you wanted to shoot the troy stuff you just had to buy the ammo. I guess I got some info mixed up...  What everI gave Maksim some key chains. shot a box of 9mm in a troy and left.

Heya Silverado, not sure if we were there at the same time, but Maks did hand out your keychains and I got a .223 one, thanks!

30 minutes ago, cabalrayz said:

wait so what was the deal then? no $5 walk on? were they renting you the troy stuff? 

The way it happened for me was $5 range fee, stay as long as you want, shoot your own guns and shoot any of the following as long as you provided your own ammo or bought some from the range:

Troy pump AR in .308

Troy pump AR in 300blk

Troy "Non-NFA" in .223/5.56

Troy 9mm/glock magazine AR

If I had known in advance the .308 was going to be there I would of brought ammo for that.  I brought 9mm ammo/.223 and 12 ga for the two shotties I brought along.

16 hours ago, dajonga said:

I am in for tonight! I should get there around 8.

I have been on a Ruger buying kick over the past year or so.... I will bring my Security 6, 1974 Super Bearcat, 10-22 in M1 carbine dressage and my Ruger American Ranch in 7.62x39mm.

If my 17-year-old son joins me, we'll bring his soon-to-be his lefty Mossberg 590A1.

I will be in a maroon CNJFO tee and a grey hat.

I look forward to putting faces to screen names.

EDIT>>>>>>> David is my real name.

Dajonga/David, great meeting you and your son tonight, good to see a fellow CNJFO member and thanks letting me try your Ruger in 7.62x39.  Really thinking hard about getting one now!

51 minutes ago, DirtyDigz said:

Dajonga/David, great meeting you and your son tonight, good to see a fellow CNJFO member and thanks letting me try your Ruger in 7.62x39.  Really thinking hard about getting one now!

Right back at ya! My son really enjoyed the KSG. Thanks!

1 hour ago, silverado427 said:

Maksim gave my son and I keychains. Thank you!

3 hours ago, silverado427 said:

Yes. it was supposed to be.  Did they charge you more?  Why didn't you find me or say something?  @tj462nj 

3 hours ago, cabalrayz said:

The deal was as usual, $5 walk on... you just needed to remind them you were an NJGF member.  I think there was a newer employee there that charged regular?  At least 2 or 3 of the folks there knew there was a group of us regularly and charged appropriate fees.

@oldguysrule649 did they also charge you more?

Send a PM to @tj462nj @silverado427

I asked but was charged zero.  (Perhaps because Tony recognized me as a prior member of GSSC?)  

I did however purchase 40 rounds of 556 and 20 rounds of 300BLK.  

(As a rule, I never visit a LGS/range without supporting them and making a purchase of some sort.)

11 hours ago, Maksim said:

The deal was as usual, $5 walk on... you just needed to remind them you were an NJGF member.  I think there was a newer employee there that charged regular?  At least 2 or 3 of the folks there knew there was a group of us regularly and charged appropriate fees.

@oldguysrule649 did they also charge you more?

Send a PM to @tj462nj @silverado427

I was only charged for a box 9mm and some targets.  Its all good.  

Ah good stuff!  

@DirtyDigz and @dajonga came with his son.  I had my guns there for people to play with as well and generally just hung out and  chatted with staff till closing. 

Really loved that 7.62x39 Ruger American.