bennj

PA long gun purchase

Due to the new, and ever changing anti-gun laws in our fair state, I have a question. If I were to purchase a NJ compliant long gun at a GS in PA, would it have to be sent to a NJ FFL?

So after searching here, the NJSP website, and various google searches, I am not able to find an answer. I think that previously, one only needed to present FOID/DL and fill out a COE?

Thanks for any info.

You can buy a long gun in PA.  Most PA FFLs will also fill out an NJ COE... or make sure to have one for them to fill out.

Only thing you cannot buy in PA are handguns (as everywhere) and "Other firearms" which are classified by PA State Police and taken out on the handgun forms.

Regular long guns are just fine. 

1 hour ago, oldguysrule649 said:

Maks, I was wondering the same thing in regards to “Other firearms”.  Thanks for clarifying.

I was having this discussion with @TechOpsInternational and @FreedomSportsLLC.

@TechOpsInternational has a store in Phillipsburg but also has his shop/ffl in PA.

Even though "Other firearm" on 4473, it requires the PA handgun form to be filled out.  I believe the same would apply for lowers, etc.

BUT regular ARs or complete long guns are okay. 

It's just up to you to know what you need for NJ.

I think most of the Eastern PA dealers know about COE forms, but a few that I purchased in PA (when I was a NJ resident) and out of state never even heard of them... and I suppose technically they are not required as it is NJ law, not PA. 

I don't think it is legal and most PA FFLs will sell lowers to you even if they are allowed.    However, an upper or a completed firearm, such as an M&P Sport would be OK.

42 minutes ago, Underdog said:

I don't think it is legal and most PA FFLs will sell lowers to you even if they are allowed.    However, an upper or a completed firearm, such as an M&P Sport would be OK.

Won't 

• Agree 1