Maksim

Troy A4 "Other Firearm" - 1,000 Rounds in 1 Hour

16 minutes ago, El Jefe said:

I'm not getting this "1000 bullets per hour" attraction. In real life situation you do not need to shoot this many bullets.

Heck in an actual war you will not shoot that much. 

In "actual war" you shoot whatever is necessary even if that means destroying a few barrels. The only limiting factor is the amount of ammo available/resupply and the limitations of the weapons system.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, JC_68Westy said:

In "actual war" you shoot whatever is necessary even if that means destroying a few barrels. The only limiting factor is the amount of ammo available/resupply and the limitations of the weapons system.

gas tube being the most sensitive to sustained fire but yeah, you are spot on sir!

hell, I've gone through 4k on a range day in 5hrs so certainly plausible

19 minutes ago, El Jefe said:

I'm not getting this "1000 bullets per hour" attraction. In real life situation you do not need to shoot this many bullets.

Heck in an actual war you will not shoot that much. 

It's more of a "torture test" to check function and reliability.  Will you do it in a real life situation?  Most likely, no.

In an actual war?  I personally can't say.  A standard infantry soldier carries anywhere between 150-250 rounds generally. With supply it could be more.  So with a standard rifle no.  Squad machine gunner - sure.  With adequate supply and a large enough battle sure.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Krdshrk said:

It's more of a "torture test" to check function and reliability.  Will you do it in a real life situation?  Most likely, no.

In an actual war?  I personally can't say.  A standard infantry soldier carries anywhere between 150-250 rounds generally. With supply it could be more.  So with a standard rifle no.  Squad machine gunner - sure.  With adequate supply and a large enough battle sure.

plenty of instance in the sandbox of in excess of 1k rounds fired per squad individual in firefights.  Not often but enough to qualify as 'may happen'

you gotta remember, those patrols with 150-250 are on foot but on transport there is another 2k minimum magged and ready

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, RUTGERS95 said:

plenty of instance in the sandbox of in excess of 1k rounds fired per squad individual in firefights.  Not often but enough to qualify as 'may happen'

you gotta remember, those patrols with 150-250 are on foot but on transport there is another 2k minimum magged and ready

I think KRDSHRK had it right, maybe for a gunner with drums. Even in a vehicle, at 30 rounds a mag, a 1000 round will be 33 mag per person multiply by 4 fighters in a humvee and you are at 130 mags. Now I served a long long time ago and in a different army but I never had more then 5 mags, the only way to get more would be to take them off of somebody....

did someone say something?  did someone try and chime in yet again with an oz of nickel knowledge?  lol, boy how times have changed and how rounds go a flyin

4 20rounders and 2 30 rounders is max with mags loaded down a round was pretty common for Iraq patrol

2 kinds of patrols in iraq, foot and trucked, trucked carried 2-5k in magged reserve

the stan was less with additional load out in the vees

anything else anyone wants to know

• Like 3
  • Informative 1

2 hours ago, RUTGERS95 said:

hell, I've gone through 4k on a range day in 5hrs so certainly plausible

Yep, we've done easily over 800 rounds at the range in little over an hour, without trying, and that includes taking time to reload mags.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Krdshrk said:

I had one spare barrel for the SAW and would have no problem burning it out in support of the fire team. You try to maintain fire discipline, but that can become very difficult at times. 1000rds is easy to burn through.