One of the guns I recently got in for testing is the Taurux TX22.

I was drawn to it by the decent to good reviews I saw and that it is a 16+1 capacity and had an option for a threaded barrel.  Yes yes, sorry Jersey folks!

Have about 200 or so rounds through the gun right now of various ammo, Winchester and Federal bulk packs, CCI mini mags and Remington Standard velocity.  

Really awesome and no problems hitting steel at 25 yards or so.

The big thing for me however is that it is a "standard size" plastic fantastic pistol and has a really nice trigger.

All of that for under $300!  

Not sure of the long term longevity but so far... am quite impressed.

Let me know if you want to check it out and I figure the video will be out in a month or so.

Can you get a standard TX22 and some 10rd mags (assume the standard 16rd mags never made it to NJ) and be legal?  I see that it has a threaded option.  Can you just not use the external threaded collar with 10rd mags and be legal?  

26 minutes ago, ESB said:

Can you get a standard TX22 and some 10rd mags (assume the standard 16rd mags never made it to NJ) and be legal?  I see that it has a threaded option.  Can you just not use the external threaded collar with 10rd mags and be legal?  

Yes they have 10 round options.

https://www.taurususa.com/pistols/taurustx-22/taurustx-22-hard-anodized-black-22-lr-black-polymer-frame-10-round-non-manual-safety

Threaded barrel version is legal as well.

https://www.taurususa.com/pistols/taurustx-22/taurustx-22-competition-hard-anodized-black-22-lr-black-polymer-frame-10-rounds

Thanks.  I saw that they have 10 round versions, but finding them is difficult.  Most are standard 16rd versions.  Was thinking of purchasing a 16rd version, and not have the 16rd mags shipped to NJ.  Then purchase some 10rd mags for it.   

My concern was if the threaded barrel on the pistol was legal in NJ.  

I don't know where you are looking but there definitely should be versions with 10 round mags available

Try GunBroker or talk to your local FFL

If you do get the version with the 16 round ask your FFL if he can block them for you before you take possession

I am pretty sure my guy would do that for me

Tom from Oak Ridge Firearms

BTW, threaded barrel is allowed no problem

I love mine - accurate, feels great in your hand and reliable. Added a stainless guide rod from Galloway on the standard version, then got lucky and was able to get the competition upgrade when Taurus had them in stock. The optic not cycling with the slide is a nice feature and was a good way to save some $$$.