SJG

IWI Masada 9mm

Interested to know from anyone who has purchased this pistol what they think of it in general and the trigger specifically. Have looked at some reviews on Youtube but would be interested in hearing more.

13 minutes ago, SJG said:

Interested to know from anyone who has purchased this pistol what they think of it in general and the trigger specifically. Have looked at some reviews on Youtube but would be interested in hearing more.

What specifically?

The gun really looks interesting and I suppose like other IWI products should do well in terms of ergonomics.  

My main concern would be the aftermarket.  There is yet one IWI handgun in particular that broke through to becoming "main stream."

The closest are the baby desert eagles/Jerichos... and while they are good guns, and I love the ergos on my Baby Desert Eagle 45 steel, it's not really main stream and as a result the after market and replacement parts are fairly expensive.

And well... quite frankly it is yet another plastic fantastic pistol to go against Glock... BUT now there are also a ton of Turkish firearms to compete with too.

I think this is also why the price point reflects that... there is no way in hell they would be selling these in any decent volume priced at $500+.

I say... buy it or try it. it's cheap enough. 

Will know more when I get a gun to try out.

4 minutes ago, Maksim said:

My main concern would be the aftermarket.  There is yet one IWI handgun in particular that broke through to becoming "main stream."

The closest are the baby desert eagles/Jerichos... and while they are good guns, and I love the ergos on my Baby Desert Eagle 45 steel, it's not really main stream and as a result the after market and replacement parts are fairly expensive.

Jericho 941 (old school steel frame) are pretty sought after..... mostly cuz of Cowboy Bebop.... I, myself, want one....

Just now, Krdshrk said:

Jericho 941 (old school steel frame) are pretty sought after..... mostly cuz of Cowboy Bebop.... I, myself, want one....

REally?  If you want 45 ACP you can have mine. =)  Semi-compact frame. 

1 minute ago, Krdshrk said:

and WTF is a Cowboy bebop?

On 8/27/2019 at 11:02 PM, Krdshrk said:

who is Cowboy Bebop?

Handled at the LGS. Build quality seemed satisfactory. But ergonomics, I didn not like how it felt! It felt very narrow in the backstrap area and that leads me to believe it would feel like shooting a super slim subcompact. But that was just my impression. The Beretta APX on the other hand, had a great feel to it! Id cough up a little more coin and go APX if it were me.

1 minute ago, Shane45 said:

Handled at the LGS. Build quality seemed satisfactory. But ergonomics, I didn not like how it felt! It felt very narrow in the backstrap area and that leads me to believe it would feel like shooting a super slim subcompact. But that was just my impression. The Beretta APX on the other hand, had a great feel to it! Id cough up a little more coin and go APX if it were me.

More for APX? Heh.... those things were on dirt cheap sale and the $100 rebate... still on?

IIRC, I liked some things on the APX... but did not scream "buy me" to me... don't remember why. 

1 minute ago, Shane45 said:

Well, I was more thinking the equivalent which would be the APX RDO which is in the 600 range I think. I Like the pistol, I hate the worn off road tire tread slide treatment :(

Dude, it's all about those massive slide serrations!  You are just a fudd. =)

I don't know if this matters to you but it is a cool feature to have. that iwi gun is modular like the sigs. You can pull out the innards and change frames, so you can go from subcompact, to compact, to full size frames, and even get different colors frames provided that iwi makes them.