Sniper

Another BAD example of Red Flag Laws

I think these types of reports will continue to rise, as more people try to take advantage of the emotional state of gun ownership in the country. It's time to be aware on who you tell what you own, so it doesn't come back to bite you in the ass. I wonder what type of internal "beef" the family members were having with this dude?

PHILADELPHIA (WPVI) -- An investigation is underway in the Bustleton section of Philadelphia after police found a large cache of weaponry inside a home.

According to investigators, officers encountered a 72-year-old man whom relatives expressed concern that he may be depressed or suicidal.

The man was taken to the hospital for evaluation. Relatives said the man used to be a gun dealer.

Police say family members authorized them to enter the home, and upon entering they found more than 50 guns, hundreds of rounds of ammo, 10 hand grenades, a pipe bomb and liquid mercury.

The grenades are believed to be inert.

https://6abc.com/philadelphia-police-find-over-50-guns-grenades-pipe-bomb-inside-home/5499831/

10 hours ago, Sniper said:

Police say family members authorized them to enter the home, and upon entering they found more than 50 guns, hundreds of rounds of ammo, 10 hand grenades, a pipe bomb and liquid mercury.

The grenades are believed to be inert.

50 guns - no problem
hundreds of rounds of ammunition - time to place an order
de-milled hand grenades - considering the guy owned a gun shop, not unusual
liquid mercury - every thermostat and thermometer in the world used to have mercury in it - again, not unusual
pipe bomb - since everything else they found is a nothing, I'm suspicious about this "pipe bomb".

• Agree 1

10 hours ago, CMJeepster said:

Attention Everyone!! This NEW law goes in effect THIS Sunday. Were you all aware of that?

......"A significant new gun control law will take effect in New Jersey on Sunday, allowing you to ask a judge to bar a family member or loved one who is deemed to be mentally unstable and a threat from buying or possessing a gun.

Here’s what you need to know:"

You ALL need to go to that link, NOW, and read this law so you understand what's in it, since it was passed before it was read.

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, maintenanceguy said:

pipe bomb - since everything else they found is a nothing, I'm suspicious about this "pipe bomb".

Me too, he probably had some plumbing parts laying around from repairing some pipes in the house.

Here's more to the story:

..." Police first received a report of a suicidal man inside a home on the 9700 block of Northeast Avenue shortly before 4:30 p.m. When officers arrived they were met by family members of the 72-year-old homeowner. They told police the man was suicidal and had several loaded weapons inside the house, investigators said. "

OK, if he was really suicidal and had that many guns laying around, wouldn't he have already shot himself???

...." “We found guns, or at least a gun, in every single room in the house,” Philadelphia Police Chief Inspector Scott Small said. “Some are hidden under furniture. Some are in drawers. Some are in cabinets. Many of them are in closets. Many were in the basement. This was really unusual.”

Then further down, we learn this:

...." The man, who police believe left a suicide note, was safely removed from the home and taken to the hospital for a mental evaluation. "

They "believe"???? Is determining if a note was written or not that tough to figure out????

Then we find out exactly WHY he had all these firearms:

...."Police spent hours searching through the house and removing weapons. After speaking with family members and further investigation, officials determined the man collects World War II memorabilia and has been involved in selling gun accessories at gun shows.

"It's not illegal to possess that many firearms," Philadelphia Police Lt. Dennis Rosenbaum said. "There's no restriction. You can own hundreds of firearms, the way the laws are now here in Pennsylvania. He doesn't use them against anybody he's just an avid collector, slash at one point he might've been in the gun show trade."

So, he was 100% legal with what he was doing and had a business selling and buying firearms... Which family member is a Flaming, gun hating Liberal??

And, looks like he probably won't be seeing those firearms again:

...." Small told NBC10 the weapons will be transported to the Firearms Identification Unit where they’ll be held for storage. Police said the man could petition to get his weapons back once he's fully evaluated and released from the hospital. "

https://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/local/Guns-Grenades-Ammunition-Suicidal-Man-Philadelphia-Home-558638101.html

And these Red Flag laws may be worse than you think. For example:

"Plus, the FBI has just recently stated that if you believe in “conspiracy theories,” you are a “domestic terrorist threat.” That statement is from an FBI intelligence bulletin from the bureau’s Phoenix field office, dated May 30, 2019. That FBI designation alone could very easily precipitate a “red flag” gun confiscation order being rendered against you."

19 hours ago, Sniper said:

And, looks like he probably won't be seeing those firearms again:

...." Small told NBC10 the weapons will be transported to the Firearms Identification Unit where they’ll be held for storage. Police said the man could petition to get his weapons back once he's fully evaluated and released from the hospital. "

Yeah, one the LEOs have your stuff you'll never see it again. It'll be like the purchase permits that they are required to turn around in 30 days.

OK, so if Red Flag laws can trigger firearm confiscation because someone is 'unstable', 'dangerous', 'mentally ill', 'threatening' etc., then why don't these laws also trigger some kind of treatment or at least and examination for that individual?

Perhaps they should.

Note: I was advised this morning that my PA attorney will be arguing exactly this point at the Harrisburg hearings later this month.

Edited by 45Doll
Note added.
  • Like 1
  • Agree 2

11 minutes ago, 45Doll said:

OK, so if Red Flag laws can trigger firearm confiscation because someone is 'unstable', 'dangerous', 'mentally ill', 'threatening' etc., then why don't these laws also trigger some kind of treatment or at least and examination for that individual?

Perhaps they should.

I heard Republicans talking about this the other day and they were going to include it in the next bill.

Just kidding, Republicans (as usual) are asleep, they haven't said a peep... Why is that?

Two sides same bird.jpg

• Agree 1

The republicans are all sitting on their hands with their mouths shut....they see the writing on the wall and are biding their time not making waves or standing up as they should until the next election so they can go back to business as usual ... sucking Democrat a$$ and being the rinos they are ...ensuring they will continue their career politician lifestyle 

• Agree 1

You might find this paragraph from my PA attorney interesting, referring to my post above:

"I’ve argued that since ERPO’s started being discussed - and more importantly, the fact that we ALREADY have that exact form of treatment in place in every state. In PA, it is our Mental Health Procedures Act that allows a person to be brought in, evaluated, and kept within the hospital until he/she is cleared, where they cannot have possession of any firearms or any other things that constitute weapons. Thus, ERPOs are truly and solely designed to be gun confiscation orders."

Emphasis mine.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 45Doll said:

You might find this paragraph from my PA attorney interesting, referring to my post above:

"I’ve argued that since ERPO’s started being discussed - and more importantly, the fact that we ALREADY have that exact form of treatment in place in every state. In PA, it is our Mental Health Procedures Act that allows a person to be brought in, evaluated, and kept within the hospital until he/she is cleared, where they cannot have possession of any firearms or any other things that constitute weapons. Thus, ERPOs are truly and solely designed to be gun confiscation orders."

Emphasis mine.

I've been thinking this for awhile now. If they're taking your guns, but sending you home where you can download instructions for a pipe bomb... or rent a box truck at Home Depot... the violent threat has NOT been eliminated!!! Don't forget:

• Worst massacre in our lifetimes? 9/11 - box cutters and airliners were used - no guns!
  • Worst school massacre in American history?  Bath School Massacre 1928 - explosives were used - no guns!

And if the person is suspected of being suicidal... what?... you take their guns - likely leaving them feeling humiliated and even more depressed, but then you send them home to a house with pills, knives, razor blades and rope? What sense does THAT make? This is an end run around the 2A... nothing more!

• Agree 3

On 9/8/2019 at 11:15 PM, Mrs. Peel said:

I've been thinking this for awhile now. If they're taking your guns, but sending you home where you can download instructions for a pipe bomb... or rent a box truck at Home Depot... the violent threat has NOT been eliminated!!! Don't forget:

• Worst massacre in our lifetimes? 9/11 - box cutters and airliners were used - no guns!
  • Worst school massacre in American history?  Bath School Massacre 1928 - explosives were used - no guns!

And if the person is suspected of being suicidal... what?... you take their guns - likely leaving them feeling humiliated and even more depressed, but then you send them home to a house with pills, knives, razor blades and rope? What sense does THAT make? This is an end run around the 2A... nothing more!

It’s not about “helping” people or “saving lives” ..if that were the case it would be “common sense” legal system reform....and stop dropping gun charges and turning violent criminals back on the street to continue their bs.... it’s about and has always been about  disarming the populous...specifically the law abiding

they just do it this way under the color of ”saving lives” to get the bored stay at home moms aka moms demand attention err action and the sjw on board with the “cause of the day”

• Like 1