I have one I bought awhile back. the kind with the 3 rows of mollle. it landed in the closet, and I kinda forgot about it. now it's out. so a couple questions. 

when worn, where exactly is this supposed to ride? do I place it right over my normal everyday belt? at that height I mean? or is it supposed to ride a little higher?

how exactly do I fasten my holster to this? I think I know how to fasten my mag holders to it, but not the holster. 

on the topic of holsters.....I finally decided to try a safariland. till now, I've been liking my serpas, but I see way too much about people shooting themselves in the leg with them. I don't wanna be a statistic. so I picked up a safariland als for the beretta. it's labeled as being a concealment holster...but holy hell! this things nearly double the size of my serpa. when using the paddle in the waist of my pants, it feels like this one also positions the pistol up higher too. 

anyway....suggestions?

Pics would be helpful - HSGI makes a few different belt setups with MOLLE.

You could have a Battle Belt type or their cobra belt.

Don’t get that MOLLE adapter. 

You will probably need a different holster. The paddle holsters are for pants belt and adding a UBL (Universal Belt Loop) hanger is less than ideal due to the attachment point on the paddle holsters being so high on the holster.

• Like 1

good idea...thanks!

this is the one i have, but mine's black....

if you fast forward to about the 3:50 mark, you can see where he puts his on...that's the same as mine fits me. it won't go over where the waist of my pants rides......

Ok. So that a “battle-belt” set up with a padded sleeve over the load bearing belt.

It should be worn in the same place your pants belt would go. I usually remove my pants belt when wearing my war belt 

There should be an open slot on the bottom of the pad that will allow access to the belt to add a holster.

You are going to want a Safariland holster with a UBL (Universal Belt Loop) to attach to the underbelt. Unfortunately, the paddle holsters are not a great choice for swapping to a UBL hanger because the paddle attaches to the holster body all the way at the top of the holster.

The holsters made for the UBL attach to the hanger in the middle of the holster body.

• Informative 1

If I’m not wearing armor, I prefer a mid or low ride UBL with a Safariland QLS plate. If I am wearing armor, I like a thigh rig with a drop-flex UBL and a QLS plate.

The plate gives the ability to swap holsters and gives a bit of stand-off from the body - which I prefer.

Also, I wear the thigh plate with the drop-flex UBL very, very high on my thigh - maybe an inch lower than the low ride UBL.

• Informative 1

ok. inner belt's adjustable. it's labled as a size "L". I got it fitting over waist of my pants now. it leaves a 2 or 3" gap in the outer belt though. I guess this is normal? or am I gonna look like a moron? 

i'd ordered the UBL drops the other day....no thigh rig though. not for the safariland anyway. I wonder if the safariland stuff will bolt up to a Blackhawk thigh rig?  

I hadn't thought of armor till you mentioned it. 

45 minutes ago, 1LtCAP said:

ok. inner belt's adjustable. it's labled as a size "L". I got it fitting over waist of my pants now. it leaves a 2 or 3" gap in the outer belt though. I guess this is normal? or am I gonna look like a moron? 

i'd ordered the UBL drops the other day....no thigh rig though. not for the safariland anyway. I wonder if the safariland stuff will bolt up to a Blackhawk thigh rig?  

I hadn't thought of armor till you mentioned it. 

I think it comes down to wether or not you can get the gear where you need it in the forward most positions on the left and right.

The gap is normal. If you want to close the gap, you can get an XL sleeve on a L belt. But it’s really personal preference.

Which UBL “ride” length did you get?

Keep in Ming your paddle holster is going to fit weirdly on the UBL and be lower on the shank than a holster designed for the UBL.

this is the holster i have...    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00GAXTT58/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

how the hell they consider that to be concealment i don't know.

i ordered this low ride.....   https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000MF48D8/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 

it was the only one i saw other than a mid or a high ride adaptor

Photos regarding a Paddle holster on a UBL:

Both holsters are for a Glock 34 with a light and the holster bodies themselves are the same length.

Here you can see how much lower The attachment points on a UBL holster (on the left) is when compared to a holster for a paddle or belt slide attachment (on the right).

rT6tr5A.jpg

Here is a mid ride UBL next to a paddle attached to a belt.

qcRunIu.jpg

When you add the holsters to the attachment point they were designed to go with:

upHdAOJ.jpg

You can see how the holsters sit pretty close to the same ride height.

If you switch it up and put the holsters on the belt attachment points they were not meant for:

KweJrc1.jpg

You can see you run into some placement issues -

• A UBL holster in a paddle sits way too high to be usable or comfortable. 

• A paddle holster in a UBL sits way too low to be usable or comfortable. It also adds a lot of torque to the system during the draw stroke causing binding and dragging issues.

Hope this helps.

• Like 1
  • Informative 3

Lol! I’m a helper!

If it’s any consolation, that coupon code just cost me ~ $160 in holsters as well.

If I can interject, I recommend the following for your belt set up:

• ALS holster for your specific pistol in a mid or low ride.

If going with a low ride - pick up a leg strap: part # 3004-1. Attach it between the QLS plate and the UBL. It helps reduce “flop” in the system during the drawstroke that can be created due to the extra leverage of having the holster at the bottom of a longer UBL.

• QLS mounting system

The QLS is clutch for these setups. If in the future you want to carry a different pistol, you can get the holster and a QLS fork and swap holster bodies without re-threading your belt through the house setup. It also adds just the right amount of standoff from the belt to smooth out your draw. 

The low ride with mag strap and QLS system is my go-to favorite if I don’t have to drive anywhere. I wear that setup for competitions and when I was assigned to a Tac-team. 

My daily duty carry is the mid-ride with QLS. The low ride is not conducive to driving comfortably, so I prefer the mid-ride for normal duties.

• Thanks 1

On 9/3/2019 at 5:00 PM, High Exposure said:

Big sale at Safariland for the month of September if you are thinking new holster:

M9ov6XQ.jpg

Crazy... 40% off. wow.  Usually that is what you get with the media cards they hand out at Shot Show.