NEHackettstown

Radical Firearms Non-NFA

Radical Firearms gun will likely be not found in stores.

Looking over the features, it is really basic.  One of the first things is 4140 CMV vs 4150 you will generally find on the Troy and others.   While very few will generally heat up the guns to make the difference, it does tell you where corners are cut or prices kept lower.   

No sights, basic flash hider (versus a very nice muzzle brake found on the Dark Storm or Comp/flash hider on the Troy).  

Standard mil spec kit likely, i.e. basic charging handle.

Looks like it does have ambi safety though which is nice.

It is a 13" barrel which is the longest out of all of the existing guns.  So it is neither here or there.

So in reality,  $650 for the gun, $38 for the shipping, $50 for the transfer, you are $738 for the gun.

Add in your basic upgrades, back up sights, etc, you are in for another couple hundred.  Which at that point you are in the MM/Dark Storm where you are getting billet upper/lowers, upgraded charging handles, nice fit and finish, good muzzle devices and more or less local manufacturers who stand behind their products.

If I wanted to get into the Non-NFA game... I would either buy one of thoe three guns, OR... build your own and be in it for under $450 or $500 with a complete upper from PSA or someone else.

I will reach out to them and see if they want to send a sample gun.

5 hours ago, Maksim said:

Radical Firearms gun will likely be not found in stores.

Looking over the features, it is really basic.  One of the first things is 4140 CMV vs 4150 you will generally find on the Troy and others.   While very few will generally heat up the guns to make the difference, it does tell you where corners are cut or prices kept lower.   

No sights, basic flash hider (versus a very nice muzzle brake found on the Dark Storm or Comp/flash hider on the Troy).  

Standard mil spec kit likely, i.e. basic charging handle.

Looks like it does have ambi safety though which is nice.

It is a 13" barrel which is the longest out of all of the existing guns.  So it is neither here or there.

So in reality,  $650 for the gun, $38 for the shipping, $50 for the transfer, you are $738 for the gun.

Add in your basic upgrades, back up sights, etc, you are in for another couple hundred.  Which at that point you are in the MM/Dark Storm where you are getting billet upper/lowers, upgraded charging handles, nice fit and finish, good muzzle devices and more or less local manufacturers who stand behind their products.

If I wanted to get into the Non-NFA game... I would either buy one of thoe three guns, OR... build your own and be in it for under $450 or $500 with a complete upper from PSA or someone else.

I will reach out to them and see if they want to send a sample gun.

What about OceanArmory's non-nfa? It's about 1040 all in cash. If it's about the same specs as Troy/mm then I'd rather save the 2-300 and get ocean's.

Not looking that much into building unless a great deal pops off. Didn't even think about it until after labor day so missed all those deals.

https://shop.oceanarmory.com/products/rifles-special-ops-tactical-741

32 minutes ago, orangesolo said:

What about OceanArmory's non-nfa? It's about 1040 all in cash. If it's about the same specs as Troy/mm then I'd rather save the 2-300 and get ocean's.

Not looking that much into building unless a great deal pops off. Didn't even think about it until after labor day so missed all those deals.

https://shop.oceanarmory.com/products/rifles-special-ops-tactical-741

Not sure of the quality of components going in to theirs BUT the Troy has had a price drop as far as I know. 

And no way in hell am I buying a Tactical Timmy  oriented "SPECIAL OPS TACTICAL" firearm.

<As seen on TV Voice>

Have you always wanted to to have the same guns as  the SPECIAL FORCES OPERATORS?

If so, you can have this Special OPS AR-15... but wait... if you order now, we will upgrade you to the Special OPS TACTICAL version!  

The components look okay, but geez... the name is totally cringe worthy catered towards the Tactical Timmys.

• Agree 1

9 hours ago, Maksim said:

Not sure of the quality of components going in to theirs BUT the Troy has had a price drop as far as I know. 

And no way in hell am I buying a Tactical Timmy  oriented "SPECIAL OPS TACTICAL" firearm.

<As seen on TV Voice>

Have you always wanted to to have the same guns as  the SPECIAL FORCES OPERATORS?

If so, you can have this Special OPS AR-15... but wait... if you order now, we will upgrade you to the Special OPS TACTICAL version!  

The components look okay, but geez... the name is totally cringe worthy catered towards the Tactical Timmys.

from what I heard, the guy left Spikes to start his own company; I had a stripped lower from them without complaints.  Bob Keller uses their rifles FWIW.  

Troy....you guys ought to have your gun rights revoked!

4140 vs 4150 really only matters with high rate of fire.  Most 308s are actually 4140 and for barrels that are cl or nitride, doesn't matter really.  I'd swap the barrel to a 12.5 anyway:)

Not a radical firearms fan but most swap triggers, I'd swap the barrel and brake so aside from not being Colt or LMT and thus not using their lpk, it's all a wash imho and thus, no point in paying more for it

• Like 1