Sniper

Trump Admin Is Considering Using Amazon Echo And Apple Watch To Determine If Citizens Should Own A Gun

Yeah, I know... Trump the law and order President, will bring back our 2A rights, his conservative judges will help us, he's all about Joe 6 Pack. yada, yada,yada... Now, he's considering using the Liberal tech giants to spy on you... What could possibly go wrong???????????????????

....."The Trump administration is considering a proposal that would use Google, Amazon and Apple to collect data on users who exhibit characteristics of mental illness that could lead to violent behavior, The Washington Post reported Thursday.

The proposal is part of an initiative to create a Health Advanced Research Projects Agency (HARPA), which would be located inside the Health and Human Services Department, the report notes, citing sources inside the administration.

HARPA would develop “breakthrough technologies with high specificity and sensitivity for early diagnosis of neuropsychiatric violence,” according to a copy of the proposal. “A multi-modality solution, along with real-time data analytics, is needed to achieve such an accurate diagnosis.”

The document lists several technologies that could be employed to help collect information, including Apple Watches, Amazon Echo and Google Home."

https://dailycaller.com/2019/08/22/trump-gun-control-background/

Oh, and those of you who already have Amazon Echos, Google Homes, Apple watches, Facebook Portals, Ring Video Doorbells, Nest Thermostats, etc.... Trump appreciates you already giving up your personal privacy for all their data collection that they already have!!!

9912962-3x2-940x627.jpg

• Informative 1

This is a really scary invasion of privacy... it is bad enough they have access to our emails but yep...

Here we go... at first your Siri/Google Assistant/Alexa was passively listening to help you... and now it can be used to spy on you. 

And this is partly why the Google Home assistant is turned off... besides, doesn't really do much anyway.

If put in place this won't last 2 minutes.  Let them do it.  If it keeps the "beast" away by them thinking they're doing something then great.  The more this stuff is put off until we get the house back or RBG gets replaced the better.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Maksim said:

This is a really scary invasion of privacy... it is bad enough they have access to our emails but yep...

Here we go... at first your Siri/Google Assistant/Alexa was passively listening to help you... and now it can be used to spy on you. 

And this is partly why the Google Home assistant is turned off... besides, doesn't really do much anyway.

Equally concerning is, if you listened to the senate and the heads of Google, Amazon etc etc discuss, they were all willing to jump in bed with the govt to "assist" by giving them whatever tools and cooperation they needed to look at the data !!!!!

2 hours ago, Maksim said:

1 hour ago, Shane45 said:

Equally concerning is, if you listened to the senate and the heads of Google, Amazon etc etc discuss, they were all willing to jump in bed with the govt to "assist" by giving them whatever tools and cooperation they needed to look at the data !!!!!

What Google, Apple, Amazon want is for the government to make it LEGAL for all the data they've ALREADY collected, to be used in the manner they choose. They have regularly siphoned up all your conversations and data, they just need a legal way to monetize it, so they'll throw a bone to the government idiots, to try and make it happen.

And it will.....

• Agree 2

18 minutes ago, Sniper said:

What Google, Apple, Amazon want is for the government to make it LEGAL for all the data they've ALREADY collected, to be used in the manner they choose. They have regularly siphoned up all your conversations and data, they just need a legal way to monetize it, so they'll throw a bone to the government idiots, to try and make it happen.

And it will.....

Every giant corporation has a front door, and a back door.  I guarantee you, Government agencies and probably other corps too, are doing bidniz on the sly.  Hey buddy, so I hear you are a data analyst over at Google, I'm just thinking out loud here, but, boy, I'd pay a million dollars for x, y and z, I really really need to get that data.  China is stealing some of our tech with hacking, but far more common is to bribe people into selling proprietary tech and information.

1 hour ago, Shane45 said:

And yet...I seem to recall cases where these companies were asked for data on a suspected Islamic terrorist, for instance... and they weren't nearly so helpful. Spying on American citizens though? FANTASTIC!!! They can't wait to line up like eager puppies.

We are really in strange times! Up is down, down is up, etc. 

• Agree 1

First.... getting in bed with the govt to spy on American people for the purpose of making subjective legal judgments about millions of citizens’ mental competence will put a damper on their sales.  

Second, does anyone believe they will stop at ‘red flag’ law activity?

Third, these three companies are already big targets for intrusions into their systems for monetary purposes.  If they go down this path as it seems they will.....they will have added hatred and revenge as motivation for attacks.  Much more intense than monetary incentives.  As I recall, all three have suffered breaches on some level.  When the breach is intended to destroy the environment..... it will be ugly for them.   And in ironical irony..... no one will feel bad for them.....

So one related and interesting note was Amazon... offering police departments a way of getting more surveilance by giving discounts on the Ring doorbell.  If LEO wants your footage, they can just go ask you first without having to ask for a court order.

https://www.businessinsider.com/amazon-ring-video-doorbell-map-police-departments-with-access-2019-8

https://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2019/08/five-concerns-about-amazon-rings-deals-police

10 minutes ago, Maksim said:

So one related and interesting note was Amazon... offering police departments a way of getting more surveilance by giving discounts on the Ring doorbell.

Once again, that's just a legal ploy to get to your data. Ring/Amazon ALREADY has all your data/video on THEIR servers, which they look at all day long. They're just trying to find a way to use it without getting sued.

21 minutes ago, Kevin125 said:

First.... getting in bed with the govt to spy on American people for the purpose of making subjective legal judgments about millions of citizens’ mental competence will put a damper on their sales.

Put a damper on Amazon, Apple and Google sales?? Never happen, as these companies are too intertwined in everyone's daily activity. The "sheep" Voluntarily give these companies terabytes of personal data FREE and WILLINGLY every day!!

5 minutes ago, Sniper said:

Put a damper on Amazon, Apple and Google sales?? Never happen, as these companies are too intertwined in everyone's daily activity. The "sheep" Voluntarily give these companies terabytes of personal data FREE and WILLINGLY every day!!

Yeah... millions will still by their voice crap.  But a lot will pass.  How many?   Single digit percentage. But not zero.

If Alex Jones and Infowars is the only media discussing this. I take it with a grain of salt!

I believe this whole thing is being exaggerated to manipulate us!  I will wait for more to come out before I press the panic button!

• Agree 1

28 minutes ago, Sniper said:

Very much allied with him though!

@Sniper you don't seem to like or trust our President and you are very quick to criticize him at every turn. Have you decided who you will vote for in 2020?  Biden, Pocahontas and crazy Bernie are your choices!  Choose wisely my friend since all of them want your guns!  Trump supposedly is "CONSIDERING"  some things we may not like but that does not mean he will go along with the idea!  This could all be part of a game Trump is playing that in the end will STOP the AWB!  We are not in Trumps head and we owe him the benefit of doubt until we learn otherwise!

You fail to face the fact that although far from perfect, Trump is the best we are going to get at this time!  Join him or join AVB and Greenie and vote Democrat!  YOU CAN'T HAVE YOUR CAKE AND EAT IT TOO!   Yeah, it sucks! But those are our choices and we can't change that fact! Join us or stand down, PLEASE!

9 minutes ago, JohnnyB said:

Very much allied with him though!

The article came from the Washington Post originally. Does Alex Jones work there?

@Sniper you don't seem to like or trust our President and you are very quick to criticize him at every turn.

Right, so we should just continue to accept his lies and false promises, 3 years later?? Really?? What's the saying "Fool me once, shame on you, Fool me twice, shame on me". How many more times you going to be fooled?

You fail to face the fact that although far from perfect, Trump is the best we are going to get at this time! 

So, we're deciding which is "better".. a root canal or getting punched in the face?? Great choices...

YOU CAN'T HAVE YOUR CAKE AND EAT IT TOO!  

Except, all we're getting is the dog crap from him. Want the list again of campaign promises that he HASN'T delivered on ?

Yeah, it sucks!

It certainly does, I expected a lot more from him. Apparently you're OK with be constantly disappointed on a weekly basis, that's really sad that you'll settle for such a low bar.

But those are our choices and we can't change that fact!

We certain CAN change it, but it means getting off the collected asses and do what happened in 1776? Remember what happened then?

8 minutes ago, Sniper said:

We certain CAN change it, but it means getting off the collected asses and do what happened in 1776? Remember what happened then?

You old fart!  You still have the stamina for that!:) I don't know about you but Samuel Whittemore we are not!

For me, it starts when they f**k with my family or come to take my shit!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sniper said:

Absolutely!!  Gotta dig deep (and do some shots of Geritol) but I'm ready to go.... let me grab my walker....  :superman:

Like I said " For me, it starts when they f**k with my family or come to take my shit!"

THAT is my Geritol!

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, JohnnyB said:

Like I said " For me, it starts when they f**k with my family or come to take my shit!"

Absolutely!!!  But isn't that S.O.P. and why we prepare like good Boy Scouts?? 

Wifey asked, "Why do you have guns". My answer, "to protect you!".

• Agree 1

18 minutes ago, Sniper said:

Absolutely!!!  But isn't that S.O.P. and why we prepare like good Boy Scouts?? 

Wifey asked, "Why do you have guns". My answer, "to protect you!".

I can't use the "to protect you" line!  Years ago, we heard a noise downstairs and somehow, she went down the stairs ahead of me and I had the gun......She never let me forget that night! :unsure:

I tried to explain that that's how it's always done and she was my cover but she did not believe me!

• Haha 1

I've thrown enough rods in the past over what Trump has said he was going to do, so I'll hold off on this one just a little longer

I understand the horses are out of the barn. But, stop being the freaking product. Or at least make yourself as worthless as you possibly can be as a product.

Facebook? No, find another way to post retarded memes on line.

Twiter, instagram? those places are deep wells of toxicity.

Smart phones? No, it's like having tracking device and spy on you. Ditto for alexa, ring, smart light bulbs or anyother piece of internet of shit.

Avoid credit using credit cards. Are the rewards points worth giving them your entire purchasing habits? Use cash, cash is mute, buy locally.

Easypass? Toll both cameras, police car scanners already get enough of my driving habits. I'm not gonna make it any easier on them.

Store loyalty cards? I can do without the .99 discount on a watermelon on shoprite. Besides 90% of the times the cashiers uses the store card or the person behind me uses theirs.

• Like 2

This is not the least bit surprising. He has no loyalty to the common person. Just him and his buddies at the top of the food chain. And this is why I refuse to get such a device. I always knew they would be listening in on everything. But this is the age of technology. It's all being used for someone else's benefit.

6 minutes ago, Greenday said:

And this is why I refuse to get such a device. I always knew they would be listening in on everything.

You have a Samsung (Android) phone and many apps loaded on it.... duh.... too late...