ChrisS

WTB long gun cabinet or safe (ordered one online- thanks all!)

I’ve got three shotguns and a rimfire that I’d like to have a cabinet/safe for. I don’t have much room for the cabinet so I’m looking for something with a small footprint. Height is not an issue. I’d prefer to find something for as little as possible. Not opposed to Stack-On type cabinets. Let me know if you have something laying around not being used. Thanks!

2 minutes ago, Sniper said:

I own this one and it's really nice for what it is! Seems to be unavailable in store and for shipping near me. If you can find one, I highly recommend this one!

american-furniture-classics-gun-safes-90

looks like this one fits the bill. 4 long guns will fit and the size of the cabinet will definitely work for where I need to mount it. Anyone have any experience with American Furniture Classics? This is the model 905. I would have liked to pick something up second-hand but it seems that the size constraints for what I need are going to make it difficult. 

On 9/6/2019 at 12:13 PM, Lefebvrenj said:

I've got a black stackon 14 gun cabinet that I bout for $140 less than a year ago if your interested. I'm selling for $100 comes with rifle mounts and 2 keys I'm in Jackson let me know if your interested 

How big is it, i have a small space in my closet I’d like to stick a cabinet in

On 9/6/2019 at 3:16 PM, ChrisS said:

american-furniture-classics-gun-safes-90

looks like this one fits the bill. 4 long guns will fit and the size of the cabinet will definitely work for where I need to mount it. Anyone have any experience with American Furniture Classics? This is the model 905. I would have liked to pick something up second-hand but it seems that the size constraints for what I need are going to make it difficult. 

I have one of those and I really like it.  I'm not a fan of digital keypads so I like the keyed design.

Comes with hardware so you can secure it to a wall/floor, it easily accommodates 4 rifles (5 if they're smaller), and it has a small top shelf where you can put a pistol or ammo.

It's definitely not a safe, so if someone has a crowbar or some tools they'd be able to get in to it.  But if you have it screwed into the wall and floor in the back of a closet someone would have an extremely hard time getting it out to work on it.

6 minutes ago, 124gr9mm said:

I have one of those and I really like it.  I'm not a fan of digital keypads so I like the keyed design.

Comes with hardware so you can secure it to a wall/floor, it easily accommodates 4 rifles (5 if they're smaller), and it has a small top shelf where you can put a pistol or ammo.

It's definitely not a safe, so if someone has a crowbar or some tools they'd be able to get in to it.  But if you have it screwed into the wall and floor in the back of a closet someone would have an extremely hard time getting it out to work on it.

Great to hear- thanks! I was looking for something to keep my long arms out of plain view. I am also not a fan of digital/fingerprint locks. It will definitely be bolted to the floor and wall once I get it. 

2 hours ago, ChrisS said:

Great to hear- thanks! I was looking for something to keep my long arms out of plain view. I am also not a fan of digital/fingerprint locks. It will definitely be bolted to the floor and wall once I get it. 

Sounds good.

Let us know what you think once you get it in place.

I'm actually thinking about getting another one to put in the basement.  The basement stairs can't accommodate my large safe so I have to divide and conquer a bit.

16 minutes ago, 124gr9mm said:

I'm actually thinking about getting another one to put in the basement.  The basement stairs can't accommodate my large safe so I have to divide and conquer a bit.

You should consider a "Hide in Plain Sight" type of cabinet instead. The one thing those cabinets pictured above scream is "There's Guns In This Cabinet"!!!!!!!

I like something like this:

American-Furniture-Classics-611-10-Gun-C

3 hours ago, Sniper said:

You should consider a "Hide in Plain Sight" type of cabinet instead. The one thing those cabinets pictured above scream is "There's Guns In This Cabinet"!!!!!!!

I like something like this:

American-Furniture-Classics-611-10-Gun-C

I like the concept of these but don’t have a spot in the house for one. I looked at the ones that are made to look like a mirror but location was an issue. 

it looks like I’ll be getting the one I ordered by Saturday. 

Picked it up from HD and set it up. I’m very happy with it. Is it a legit safe? Absolutely not. Is it more substantial than a cabinet? I believe it is. I’ve got 4 guns in there, with one being a bolt. Without a bolt, I could get five in, but the new plan is to sell the bolt and the 12g and purchase an O/U so I’ll end up with three guns in there and plenty of extra room. 

14 minutes ago, Krdshrk said:

What's getting in the way?  The bolt handle itself?  Maybe take it out and will that fit better?

Yes but I’m not keeping the gun (nothing to do with fitting in the cabinet). I just wanted to try a .410 and it’s just not for me.  I don’t like holding on to things I don’t use. It’ll be going up in the classifieds section in a couple days.