45Doll

NJ: "NRA Insurance Encourages Gun Use"

This is hilarious. Today NJ.com puts up a story titled "N.J. fines company $1M for backing NRA insurance program". The lead paragraph says:

"An insurance company that was backing a National Rifle Association-sponsored program has agreed to pay a $1 million fine for allowing the gun organization to market a product in N.J. that “encourages firearms use,” the New Jersey Department of Banking and Insurance announced Thursday."

Got that? OK, now read the entire story. Then go and read the comments to discover the truth, if you didn't grasp it already. And even if you did, read the comments anyway. They're hilarious.

I think that when Pravda passed its hay day some of their writers wound up in NJ.

Nj.com is libtard central. Yesterday they had  gunsitters.com video about the mag ban & storage service posted up there,  not sure what that was about. Their stories suck and so do their writers because they are completely in the tank with murphy.  Sadly I only go nj.com  to link to the obits. Now I get the nag screens to disable my ad blocker which I can’t and won't do because I have it running at the router level. I even get a second instance of the ad block nag screen on the obit page so fuck nj.com

1 hour ago, FXDX said:

Nj.com is libtard central. Yesterday they had  gunsitters.com video about the mag ban & storage service posted up there,  not sure what that was about. Their stories suck and so do their writers because they are completely in the tank with murphy.  Sadly I only go nj.com  to link to the obits. Now I get the nag screens to disable my ad blocker which I can’t and won't do because I have it running at the router level. I even get a second instance of the ad block nag screen on the obit page so fuck nj.com

If you hit REFRESH about 4 times, it gives you an option to get in without disabling the add blocker.

It is a small note on the bottom of the splash screen that comes up, you have to look for it.

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, Fred2 said:

If you hit REFRESH about 4 times, it gives you an option to get in without disabling the add blocker.

It is a small note on the bottom of the splash screen that comes up, you have to look for it.

I select "disable ad blocker" a couple times and then the option to continue without disabling I becomes available which is what you are referring too, so same result

33 minutes ago, DirtyDigz said:

Ooh, share details please.  I’d love to do that especially to block phone ads while I’m on home WiFi.

There are several of the open source firmwares like dd-wrt, OpenWRT and pfsense have the ability to block ads. I use an add-on package called pfBlockerNG which does is very good but you need pfsense router to run it, more about that package here https://www.linuxincluded.com/block-ads-malvertising-on-pfsense-using-pfblockerng-dnsbl/

If you don’t want to move to an opensoruce router for about $40 and you could buy a Raspberry Pi and install PiHole on it and add it to your existing home network. I used PiHole for a while but after I moved to pfsense it didn’t make much sense to keep the extra device.   Look on youtube for Pihole installs, it’s pretty straight forward

• Informative 1

9 minutes ago, FXDX said:

I select "disable ad blocker" a couple times and then the option to continue without disabling I becomes available which is what you

I refresh the page three or four times to bring up that option. I'll have to try your way to see if it's faster than refresh.

22 minutes ago, 45Doll said:

I refresh the page three or four times to bring up that option. I'll have to try your way to see if it's faster than refresh.

Probably comes down to which ever you could do quicker.  most times I’m only interested in the obits where the second nag screen lets you pass a little easier. I’d never trust nj.com or channel 12 for that matter as real news source

1 minute ago, DirtyDigz said:

Thanks FXDX,  I’m liking the pihole idea, going to look into that.

its a good one, some of the other members here had a thread on it.

2 hours ago, FXDX said:

I’d never trust nj.com or channel 12 for that matter as real news source

Of course not. I go there to counter the BS they post, pointless as that might be.

When I get the vapors, digital venting does occasionally help.