NChander

New to NJ

15 minutes ago, NChander said:

I must be a masochist since I've lived in Maryland, Massachusetts, and now Jersey...all Constitution loving 2A states... 

Of course, all my firearms got lost during the moves to these various states so I will need to register to purchase a new one.

Try to find your old ones first 

Welcome.  Did you find a place to shoot?

RTSP is an indoor range in Union that isn't far from you.

Easton Game and Fish is about an hour west straight down 78.  Outdoor range with three covered pistol ranges, 100 yard rifle range and an "action" pit.  They have shooting sports as well (IDPA, steel shoots, 3 Gun). I can take you as a guest if you want to check it out.  

Again, welcome comrade to The Peoples Republic of New Jersey.  Or some people like to call it New Germany.  Enjoy your time served.

3 hours ago, gleninjersey said:

Easton Game and Fish is about an hour west straight down 78.  Outdoor range with three covered pistol ranges, 100 yard rifle range and an "action" pit.  They have shooting sports as well (IDPA, steel shoots, 3 Gun).

AFAIK, Easton no longer hosts IDPA matches. Three-gun replaced them. However, Phillipsburg Pistol Club does hold IDPA matches.

On 9/20/2019 at 5:22 PM, NChander said:

I must be a masochist since I've lived in Maryland, Massachusetts, and now Jersey...all Constitution loving 2A states... 

Of course, all my firearms got lost during the moves to these various states so I will need to register to purchase a new one.

WELCOME!!!!!

Some info for you -

What's better about NJ than MA is:

- NJ does not require guns to be registered to own them, so if you moved here with any firearms you do not need to register them - including handguns. (If you purchase handguns here they will be registered at the time of transfer, NJ does not register long guns). They just cannot be "Assault Weapons", which you probably don't have coming from MA anyway.

- Most handguns are legal here ( as long as they are not "Assault Weapons"), there is no special requirements for handguns - heavy triggers, special safeties, or "Massholes".

- Shockwaves are legal here.

- Our AG hasn't so far "reinterpreted" our "Assault Weapon" ban - so if you own something that was banned by fiat in MA a few years ago it's probably still legal here.

What's worse in NJ than MA is:

- Carry permits are largely unobtainable here

- Full auto is unobtainable here

- You can't use a C&R license in NJ