ChrisS

Anyone own a Remington 101?

Hi guys- I’ve recently picked up a couple shotguns so I now have a 12g & 20g single shots as well as a 410 bolt action and love shooting them. I’m now looking to pick up an O/U and after looking around I’m thinking of getting the Winchester 101 field from Bass Pro for $1,099. I shot clays for the first time with a Citori and want to get into pheasant hunting. I was looking at SxSs- the CZ Bobwhite G2 was at the top of the list but something about the black chrome didn’t appeal to me. When I started looking at O/Us for around $1000 the 101 seems to check all the boxes. My only concern at this point is how it fits/handles. Does anyone own one (not the older model)? Any idea how I could go about shooting one before I purchase? Would 12g be my best option as I would eventually like to go out turkey hunting as well? My three other shotguns were second hand and very inexpensive so I wasn’t overly concerned about fit as they are mostly for fun but I don’t want to drop $1k+ on something I’m not going to like. Thanks in advance for any info!