Pizza Bob

Looking for a Current Member of Ruger Forum.Com

2 hours ago, Maksim said:

Hey... Whats up?

Just what I said - trying to contact a member on rugerforum.com. There is no way to join that forum and no way to contact anyone on that forum unless you are already a member. Understand it has been that way since February. Hell of a way to run a forum.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Bob, you're spot on about the complexities in trying to register. I have been trying to join too. I even contacted a member through his business email. He contacted a mod or somebody, but I got nowhere. Heck of a way to attract new members, or not. I'd still like to register , but have given up.

All's well that ends well. Got in touch with the party in question, thanks to the intervention of a Sig Forum member and consummated the transaction this morning, Will post pics when item is received.

My understanding of the rugerforum kerfuffle is that the Captcha algorithm had expired and it cannot be renewed because it was upgraded and is now incompatible with the old software that drives that forum. But that has been the case since February. The impression that I got was that members already enrolled are totally unaware of the situation. Pretty sad way to run a forum.

Maks, I don't know if this was one of the forums obtained by the Canadians. I do know that it was formerly owned by the current owner of Sig Forum and he is not happy that this has occurred with his former "baby".

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Not to beat a dead horse, since that is rarely done here, reference Taylor ham or PORKROLL, but the guy I emailed sent a message to a mod. so they must know of the issue. I was able to send an email through the board admin link. A admin sent me an email telling me my "email address had been verified and added to the whitelist". Not sure what any of that meant because I was still unable to register, that was back on Feb. 6. Haven't tried since. Maybe it was aliens, not Canadians, who took over.