Jump to content
DirtyDigz

NJ snags another PA resident who forgot where America ends

Recommended Posts

https://www.njherald.com/20190908/pa-man-found-with-assault-weapons

Guy had several Modern Sporting Rifles (a much more accurate term than the meaningless “assault weapons”) in a freedom configurations that NJ can’t abide, plus handguns in his truck and admitted them to a NJSP.

I doubt there’s a pardon in his immediate future...

 

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Who leaves an "arsenal" of "assault weapons" and a "cache" of "hollow-point bullets" overnight in their pickup truck, and drives to New Jersey for work the next day. 

stupid-is-as-stupid-does.jpg

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, JohnnyB said:

result.png.79aaddfdcaee0527b9ad30c08854d9d2.png

They really should post a sign to warn people!

The poor guy, Governor Gopher is gonna hand him! :(

 

Don't you mean fist him?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well this is total busslhit and the officer is a fucking douche...he looked and wanted to jam the guy up...ruined someones life for what?

 

Maybe he should have spent his time trying to get some heroin off the street....

 

Plus the actor is a dope...he lived in jersey and knew the law....

 

What a shit show.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

...." Peter E. Barnes, 69, was charged Wednesday by the State Police with second-degree possession of an assault firearm,

A search of the vehicle found a Marlin firearms bolt-action rifle, a Colt M4 carbine assault rifle with collapsible stock with pistol grip, a Palmetto State Armory AR-15 assault rifle with collapsible stock with pistol grip, "

What the heck are these "assault firearms" or "assault rifle", is this a category at Palmetto????? I've searched for those terms, nothing comes up....

It gets better.....

....."Peter E. Barnes, 69, was charged Wednesday by the State Police with , third-degree possession of a rifle without having obtained a firearms purchaser identification card,

but further down we read....

......." Police say Barnes had a New Jersey firearms ID card but it was obtained 35 years ago with a Kinnelon address. "

So, they charge him with NOT having a FID, yet he had a FID from 35 years ago????

WTF!!!!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree this guy is screwed, but his case should be advertised everywhere.  Everything he had was legal in his state of residence, it was only because it was NJ that he's now jammed up.  Yes, I get the whole "better know the laws where you're going", but really?  A 69 year old guy facing NJ's version of justice?  Force Murphy/Grewel to justify the shitstorm this guy is about to face.  Only thing "better" would be a 69-year old woman with a PA CCW and her handgun in her purse.

And notice the probable cause for the stop - not signalling a lane change?  Cop had nothing better to do?   Unless there is something we don't know, like the guy was being watched for some reason, but nothing in the article mentions him being a threat.

 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, mustang69 said:

And notice the probable cause for the stop - not signalling a lane change?  Cop had nothing better to do?   Unless there is something we don't know, like the guy was being watched for some reason, but nothing in the article mentions him being a threat.

He was also pulled over in Frankford, only like a mile or two from the PA border. It wasn't like he was found in Ft. Lee... There ain't a whole lot out there but trees...  what a joke...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Sniper said:

He was also pulled over in Frankford, only like a mile or two from the PA border. It wasn't like he was found in Ft. Lee... There ain't a whole lot out there but trees...  what a joke...

.....turkeys bears trout oh my.......

 

Its a lot of country....not much else...and cops  with no brains...yes sussex co is soooooo much safer now...  :facepalm:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Sniper said:

He was also pulled over in Frankford, only like a mile or two from the PA border. It wasn't like he was found in Ft. Lee... There ain't a whole lot out there but trees...  what a joke...

The COP could have said "Turn around an go back to PA now"!  Give the old guy the benefit of doubt!

  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He better pray for probation or pre-trial intervention. Ain't no way Murphy is going to pardon him.

2 minutes ago, JohnnyB said:

The COP could have said "Turn around an go back to PA now"!  Give the old guy the benefit of doubt!

I'm not comfortable with cops turning a blind eye toward felonies that have 5 year mandatory punishments just because the laws are stupid.

  • Disagree 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Greenday said:

I'm not comfortable with cops turning a blind eye toward felonies that have 5 year mandatory punishments just because the laws are stupid.

Why not? They do it with illegals all the time. 

  • Like 2
  • Agree 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, 1LtCAP said:

how the hell'd this guy have an m4?

Just like the term "assault rifle" has been used to describe any black rifle,  M4 is now the term for any AR carbine that looks like an M4!

I think that the PRNJ would classify a true machine gun as a "weapon of mass destruction" capable of taking out the entire population!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, DirtyDigz said:

https://www.njherald.com/20190908/pa-man-found-with-assault-weapons

Guy had several Modern Sporting Rifles (a much more accurate term than the meaningless “assault weapons”) in a freedom configurations that NJ can’t abide, plus handguns in his truck and admitted them to a NJSP.

I doubt there’s a pardon in his immediate future...

 

Horrible but damn... How so you not know NJ laws and why do you keep your guns in the front seat.

 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, JohnnyB said:

The COP could have said "Turn around an go back to PA now"!  Give the old guy the benefit of doubt!

.....discretion....  screwing this guys life up and his families because of a friggin blinker.

This state is beyond effed up and the Gestapo rules....  you think they won't go door to door?

 

Ha !  Wake up....  some are itching for it....  hopefully tje good ones outnumber the thugs.

 

 

8 hours ago, Greenday said:

He better pray for probation or pre-trial intervention. Ain't no way Murphy is going to pardon him.

I'm not comfortable with cops turning a blind eye toward felonies that have 5 year mandatory punishments just because the laws are stupid.

What was his true crime that was hurting someone   ????...this was the proverbial victimless crime

 

Was he dealing meth?....damn nope...heroin mule???  Seems not...

Oh wait he had a kilo of coke...! ..no..

 

He had a lil girl tied up in his backseat....?...nope...

He murdered someone?  ...nah...

See, some of all the others above usually get some kinda break.....

He was very evil....he had legal items..that are legal 5 miles west of his point of failure to signal......his crime is he came back into this God forsaken shithole state.....and left legal items from America on his seat....he is guilty of his own negligence.

 

And you thinking its right to jam him and his family up over a victimless crime...speaks volumes to your elitist millenial attitude.

You are nothing but an ignorant fool.

 

20mo and counting...never to be here again....

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, USRifle30Cal said:

What was his true crime that was hurting someone   ????...this was the proverbial victimless crime

Was he dealing meth?....damn nope...heroin mule???  Seems not...

Oh wait he had a kilo of coke...! ..no..

He had a lil girl tied up in his backseat....?...nope...

He murdered someone?  ...nah...

See, some of all the others above usually get some kinda break.....

He was very evil....he had legal items..that are legal 5 miles west of his point of failure to signal......his crime is he came back into this God forsaken shithole state.....and left legal items from America on his seat....he is guilty of his own negligence.

And you thinking its right to jam him and his family up over a victimless crime...speaks volumes to your elitist millenial attitude.

You are nothing but an ignorant fool.

20mo and counting...never to be here again....

Who are you to say what laws should be enforced and which shouldn't? It's not a cop's job either to choose which laws have to be enforced. How do you know who is bringing guns into the state for criminal use or not? I wasn't aware there was a max age limit on committing crimes.

Why is it the cop's fault that this idiot was too lazy to store his guns properly and not bring them into NJ? What PA gun owner that lives near the NJ border doesn't know that our laws suck?

Should a cop pull someone over, find a backseat full of cocaine, and just let them go because they personally think drugs shouldn't be illegal? Wouldn't want to ruin some 70 year old's life over wanting to party?

  • Disagree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, PK90 said:

Frig him. Another Aiken. 

So easy to say as a retired leo and living in AZ...

 

What if it was your father?

 

31 minutes ago, Greenday said:

Who are you to say what laws should be enforced and which shouldn't? It's not a cop's job either to choose which laws have to be enforced. How do you know who is bringing guns into the state for criminal use or not? I wasn't aware there was a max age limit on committing crimes.

Why is it the cop's fault that this idiot was too lazy to store his guns properly and not bring them into NJ? What PA gun owner that lives near the NJ border doesn't know that our laws suck?

Should a cop pull someone over, find a backseat full of cocaine, and just let them go because they personally think drugs shouldn't be illegal? Wouldn't want to ruin some 70 year old's life over wanting to party?

Apples and oranges kiddo...no not kiddo, dipshit....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, USRifle30Cal said:

So easy to say as a retired leo and living in AZ...

 

What if it was your father?

 

Apples and oranges kiddo...no not kiddo, dipshit....

So here is the thing... even here in PA... you don't drive around the freaking state with guns on your front seat...

Every gun owner I know that lives here on the border knows that you do not go into NJ with guns and I have anxiety to make sure all the "standard capacity" stuff is out of my truck before heading to NJ.

This guy apparently works in NJ and lives in PA?  To me it seems like the guns are on the front seat for a reason.

And here is the thing... If you are driving to work in NJ... how the F do you forget you have guns in the car WHEN THEY ARE ON THE FRONT SEAT?!?!!?!?!

In the back seat?  Sure or in the trunk... I can totally understand that... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...