Sniper

Trump Gets a Win on the Southern Border on Asylum seekers

The SCOTUS strikes injunctions by a CA Liberal judge today.

......"The Supreme Court handed the Trump administration a big win Wednesday afternoon, after two injunctions against asylum restrictions were struck down. The ruling means that US Customs and Border Protection can immediately begin denying migrants asylum at the southern border if they haven't first applied for safe haven in a "third country" while the greater legal battle over the issue plays out in the lower courts. 

Dissenting from Wednesday's decision were Justices Ruth Bader Ginsburg and Sonia Sotomayor. "

#BREAKING: #SCOTUS grants stay of both July 24 and September 9 injunctions against Trump administration rule barring asylum from those who didn’t first apply in a “third country”; allows controversial policy to go into effect on a nationwide basis pending the government’s appeal.

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/supreme-court-overrules-california-judge-grants-asylum-restrictions-southern-border

• Like 1

This is a big win and a smack down of the 9th Circuit (Circus). Hopefully the SCOTUS will weigh in on other injunctions and "correct" them.

......"In an extraordinary rebuke, 7-2, the Supreme Court has told the 9th Circus to cut the crap.

At issue is the repeated set of national injunctions the court has issued -- this one, specifically, on asylum.

Circuit courts have limited jurisdictions -- but this has never bothered the 9th Circus, which has exploded with national injunctions under the Trump Presidency.  This is patently unconstitutional and despite concerns over the clash between immigration policy in the Executive the law, the Supremes appear to have had enough of it.

This ruling ends the bullcrap for now on the issue.  It also ends the stone-walling by Mexico.  ICE is now free, under the law, to refuse entry to anyone claiming asylum who has not made application in the nations they have passed through and has been refused without cause (e.g. as a criminal, etc.)  These people no longer have a right to entry and to remain while their "determinations" are made; they're barred and inadmissible, period."

http://market-ticker.org/akcs-www?post=236813

Yes, I saw that.  It's a big win, indeed!  It never seemed right to me that the 9th Circuit could overturn a presidential order in 50 states, especially one involving national security, which is supposed to be outside the domain of the judiciary branch.  While this ruling makes perfect sense, still I was surprised to see it go 7-2.  

In connection with this, never fully understood why we can't go to a conservative circuit to rule in favor of concealed carry to make it legal in all 50 states.  

7-2... DAYUM! Given the court composition that is damn near unanimous as no matter how you slice it that cut across pretty much every liberal team up on issues in the court. I'm going to guess Sotamayer and Kagan... time to go peek. 

Nope Sotamayer and Ginsburg.  I had no doubt the wise Latina could give a crap about the content, purpose, or process of law, but who she would drag with her was the question.