Ulfhednar15@

Hammer fired 9mm under $600 (ish)

Hey all.  I have one permit left that I have to use up soon, but am a little cash light right now.  Im looking for some recommendations for a hammer fired 9mm under about $600.  I'll pay a little more if needed, but at the moment, that is unfortunately the top of the budget.   I really prefer hammer fired pistols and like manual safety's, but da/sa is ok too.

I already have 1911 9mms, a USP 9f, and a Sig 229.

Thanks in advance 

As a heads up,  so far I'm considering the fn fnx9, the sig 2020, and the cz p07, which I have read have all had their issues and have plastic safeties.  Also the cz75 series, which I hear good things about,  but have never fell in love with.  The HK p30 is in the running.  I shoot it ok, but the trigher is rougher and dosent feel as good compared to my USP9.

Would like a Sig p225 (or p225 a1) but think it will be out of the budget. 

Any ideas or info will be much appreciated!

Thanks

On 9/12/2019 at 10:53 AM, Krdshrk said:

Nice find, that tangfolio is a looker!

24 minutes ago, Bklynracer said:

Get the Beretta, put wood grips on it and it will looks better then the Tanfoglio.

Totally agree with this.

Sig SP 2022 another great choice.

CZ gets my vote.   A used FNH FNP might be interesting.  On a real budget $200 you could consider a Star BM.   What about a Taurus PT1911?

I would highly recommend the FN FNX 9. I have the FNX 40 & really like it a lot, & have been considering getting the 9 also. Or I would also say the CZ 75, whether a full size or the compact, I have read many great reviews of them on a few different websites. One last suggestion is the Taurus PT 92. Again, I also really like my 92 that is well over 30 years old, & does not have the de-cocker lever. Any of these 3 DA/SA guns would be really great choices. 

A used FNH FNP would be a bargain and is a very nice gun.  Not sure about parts, mags availability, holsters, etc.. anymore, but it is a "budget" Sig.  The Compact is cool, too.

On 9/21/2019 at 7:15 PM, Ulfhednar15@ said:

Thanks all. Looking at the cz p07 now

The P01 is pretty sweet, too.

• Agree 2

On 9/26/2019 at 7:01 PM, Zeke said:

Get the cz and let me try it? These are sleepers that everyone raves about.

Its not a sig, but could be awesomeness!

I have the CZ 75 compact and the SP-01. Both are tack setters and fun to shoot. Zeke let’s figure a time and a place and you can shoot both. 

• Like 1