EngineerJet

Build guide for non-nfa?

It’s not a big deal to get a muzzle device pinned and welded. There are a few vendors on this board that will do this for you. 

The problem, in your case, is to make sure the OAL of the firearm, from the end of the barrel, to the end of the receiver extension (the brace does NOT count) is at least 26”. You may have to permanently attach a muzzle device to attain that length. 

I was to the understanding that an A2 flash suppressor is not long enough on a 10.5” barrel, but I might be wrong. It’s happened once or twice before. 

38 minutes ago, sbarton said:

So its milspec so my OAL would be 24.9" according to the diagram on first post.  Muzzle device would need to add over 1.6".  The M2 is 1.75" but it looks like it would not add 1.75" to OAL since it has to be threaded on?  Recommendations on a muzzle device that would work with a 10.5" barrel?

BTW, thanks for the help and quick responses.  

Get the kaw valley linear comp 3.25 or 4.25 version and you’ll be good to go. But It’s going to look weird with that rail. I would look for a different kit. I’ll try and find one for you 

41 minutes ago, sbarton said:

So its milspec so my OAL would be 24.9" according to the diagram on first post.  Muzzle device would need to add over 1.6".  The M2 is 1.75" but it looks like it would not add 1.75" to OAL since it has to be threaded on?  Recommendations on a muzzle device that would work with a 10.5" barrel?

BTW, thanks for the help and quick responses.  

https://palmettostatearmory.com/pa-9-pcc/psa-pa-9-gen4-10-5-9mm-1-10-nitride-12-slanted-m-lok-railed-upper-with-bcg-ch4.html

You’ll need lower parts and SBA 3 but you won’t have to worry about overall length since the muzzle on that one is 3.25. 

Will the Vltor A5 Pistol Buffer tube make it long enough on a 11.5" barrel to not pin/weld the muzzle device?  Would you recommend that one or the carbine one for 5.56/.223?  What's the difference between the pistol A5 AR buffer tube and carbine A5 AR buffer tube?

Vltor A5 Recoil System Receiver Extension Pistol Buffer Tube AR-15 (midwayusa.com)

9 hours ago, ESB said:

Will the Vltor A5 Pistol Buffer tube make it long enough on a 11.5" barrel to not pin/weld the muzzle device?  Would you recommend that one or the carbine one?  What's the difference between the pistol A5 AR buffer tube and carbine A5 AR buffer tube?

Vltor A5 Recoil System Receiver Extension Pistol Buffer Tube AR-15 (midwayusa.com)

Good to go. I have the same setup on mine

10 hours ago, ESB said:

Will the Vltor A5 Pistol Buffer tube make it long enough on a 11.5" barrel to not pin/weld the muzzle device?  Would you recommend that one or the carbine one?  What's the difference between the pistol A5 AR buffer tube and carbine A5 AR buffer tube?

Yes, it'll make it past the 26" OAL with an A5.  A5 Pistol tube does not have the channel underneath that most braces use - it's a smooth tube.  If you're going to be using an adjustable brace (like the SB Tactical SBA3) get the 7 position receiver extension.

On 11/8/2021 at 8:10 AM, shooter28 said:

Good to go. I have the same setup on mine

What brand barrel? I used an A5 with a Ballistic Advantage Hanson 11.3". I emailed them and asked if anyone has an A5 setup with that barrel length looking for a buffer weight recommendation to address gas issues. They said use a standard carbine extension tube. :facepalm:

21 minutes ago, ChrisJM981 said:

What brand barrel? I used an A5 with a Ballistic Advantage Hanson 11.3". I emailed them and asked if anyone has an A5 setup with that barrel length looking for a buffer weight recommendation to address gas issues. They said use a standard carbine extension tube. :facepalm:

11.5" BA. Modern series I think.  

A5 buffer tube, springco green spring and A5H2 buffer

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, JackDaWack said:

Foxtrot Mike makes a solid 9mm platform, too. 

It took some tinkering to get mine running. The trigger and hammer pin holes wouldn't line up with the Hiperfire ECLipse trigger I had purchased for my 9mm other build. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ChrisJM981 said:

It took some tinkering to get mine running. The trigger and hammer pin holes wouldn't line up with the Hiperfire ECLipse trigger I had purchased for my 9mm other build. 

Welcome to the world of non standardized 9mm AR platform. It sucks for sure... 

There are a lot of ar15 triggers that are flat out incompatible with the 9mm platform in general. 

I purchased their complete lower and its run flawless. 

On 10/20/2021 at 7:50 PM, InFamous said:

This thread made me order this....

PSA AR-15 "LETSGO-15" Stripped Lower Receiver *Pre-Order - Ships in Approximately 10-12 Weeks

You all missed out if you didn't order when I did. After national news headlines they apparently pulled it or discontinued it. It was supposed to be a 10-12 week preorder, which should have put delivery early/mid January. I got the call today it was delivered to my FFL. I didn't even get an email letting me know it shipped so that was a nice surprise. I'll go down tomorrow and fill out the 4473 and take a pic of it. 

On 10/20/2021 at 7:50 PM, InFamous said:

This thread made me order this....

PSA AR-15 "LETSGO-15" Stripped Lower Receiver *Pre-Order - Ships in Approximately 10-12 Weeks

Got one myself to go along with the "NukeMe-15" lowers from PSA.  Will make one of them an SBR I think and will be home to some "fully semi automatic" triggers. =)

I think it is at my FFL now.  Will have to call and find out.  Will pick up soon, hopefully along with my suppressors. 

(I am in PA)... 

• Like 1