JW_Pepper

PSA: Clinton WMA Rimfire/Muzzleloader Range closed till 2020

Website says Muzzleloader area... not the shotgun area

https://www.state.nj.us/dep/fgw/ranges.htm

RANGE CLOSURE INFORMATION

On or about September 9, the muzzleloader ranges at the Flatbrook-Roy and Clinton WMAs will be closed for construction. The range is anticipated to reopen in early 2020. Specific closure information will be sent to subscribers of the Hunting E-mail List when available - subscribe now. Consult the information below for the closest alternate ranges.
We apologize for any inconvenience while we make improvements at the ranges.

• Thanks 1

I found out the hard way going to flatbrook,   I called someone at F&G to inquire about this since I wanted to shoot and obviously there was no construction going on at that time,  no construction equipment on site.

I was told that at flatbrook it is being extended to 100 yards and is being made more "center fire" friendly.      I questioned that statement and that is what they said about flatbrook.   I don"t know how to interpret that response .    could it be that since Flatbrook is in a national park away from any houses?    could it mean for park rangers only?   who knows.

I dont like the fact that they closed the only 2 NNJ .22 ranges at the same time.

Found another little nugget of info on these closures:

NOTICE: Range Renovations, Closures — Tentative Schedule Sept.–Dec. 2019 for northern ranges; March–July 2020 for central ranges.

Muzzleloader ranges scheduled for renovation include Makepeace, Millville, Clinton, Flatbrook, Colliers Mills and Stafford Forge WMAs. Portions of these ranges may be open occasionally during the process. Shotgun ranges are open but cannot accommodate air guns, shotgun slugs, buckshot or rifles of any type. Plan ahead for sighting in and practice prior to the hunting seasons! The renovations—including covered shooting stations, new benches and berm enhancements—are based on NRA guidelines. Check our website for schedule updates and closures: NJFishandWildlife.com/ranges.htm.

Would be nice if one of the northern locations added some centerfire like they have down at Millville

1 hour ago, Lakota said:

Found another little nugget of info on these closures:

NOTICE: Range Renovations, Closures — Tentative Schedule Sept.–Dec. 2019 for northern ranges; March–July 2020 for central ranges.

Muzzleloader ranges scheduled for renovation include Makepeace, Millville, Clinton, Flatbrook, Colliers Mills and Stafford Forge WMAs. Portions of these ranges may be open occasionally during the process. Shotgun ranges are open but cannot accommodate air guns, shotgun slugs, buckshot or rifles of any type. Plan ahead for sighting in and practice prior to the hunting seasons! The renovations—including covered shooting stations, new benches and berm enhancements—are based on NRA guidelines. Check our website for schedule updates and closures: NJFishandWildlife.com/ranges.htm.

Would be nice if one of the northern locations added some centerfire like they have down at Millville

Link doesn’t say anything about stafford forge. Better link?

10/19 it better be open or @Mrs. Peel gonna beat me arse

• Agree 1

@Zeke Stafford is listed as a central region according to this:  

http://www.eregulations.com/newjersey/hunting/wildlife-management-area-ranges/

I think your good for october

Possible renovations and closures are March–July 2020 for central ranges.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Lakota said:

I was actually thinking about going down to Clinton on Sunday to bust some clays.   Just picked up a wheeleybird 2.0 and put it together last night.  Need to go play with the new toy :)

Look at you all badass now !

bitchen dude!

4 hours ago, Lakota said:

I was actually thinking about going down to Clinton on Sunday to bust some clays.   Just picked up a wheeleybird 2.0 and put it together last night.  Need to go play with the new toy :)

Call it then!  I can't go until later as the kids have me tied up until like 2PM

10 hours ago, NJSigfan said:

Congrats on the thrower!!

what time are you going?  I have extra clays laying around...

I figure I will shoot to be there about 9am

13 hours ago, Zeke said:

Look at you all badass now !

bitchen dude!

lol yea...i still need to get the wobbler attachment,.  Then I can be a badass like you lol

11 hours ago, Krdshrk said:

Call it then!  I can't go until later as the kids have me tied up until like 2PM

Hey im always open for others showing up.   Didn't want to try to go all official all last minute, but i plan to be at Clinton around 9 if anyone wants to come.  Like always bring whatever party favors you may have.  I will have my thrower ,sans a wobbler :( at this time unfortunately, i have a license etc...    Now lets just hope its put together all good and I dont need to do any in field adjustments lol :)

9 hours ago, Lakota said:

Hey im always open for others showing up.   Didn't want to try to go all official all last minute, but i plan to be at Clinton around 9 if anyone wants to come.  Like always bring whatever party favors you may have.  I will have my thrower ,sans a wobbler :( at this time unfortunately, i have a license etc...    Now lets just hope its put together all good and I dont need to do any in field adjustments lol :)

Watch the video on the limit switch adjustment. It happened to @Krdshrk and mine. Thing goes full auto bananas.

3 hours ago, Lakota said:

fyi going to cancel going to clinton tomorrow.  All of a sudden im running a fever and feel like garbage so i going to assume i will not feel up to it in the morning and will have to wait until next weekend to go.

@NJSigfan

You can’t call it and bail. It’s the first rule of calling it. It’s like bro code.

@Sota has not learned this.

call it and it’s nailed! Hard and strong like.

9 hours ago, Zeke said:

You can’t call it and bail. It’s the first rule of calling it. It’s like bro code.

It's also the bro code to NOT SHARE YOUR GERMS with the rest of us!

Seriously...get better.  It will still be there next week

8 hours ago, Zeke said:

@Lakota I’m breaking your balls. But even though @Mrs. Peel says @W2MC is good people. Are you guys intimate?

not judging 

#germanddouchefree

Lol .  yea i know.   your getting me back for busting your balls at the last meetup i get it lol

• Haha 1

An update was posted to the DFW website. All they are doing is rebuilding the benches and berms. A big missed opportunity to upgrade the range to allow centerfire. Not sure how this work takes an entire quarter of a year.

https://www.njfishandwildlife.com/news/2019/ranges_update.htm

On 11/17/2019 at 11:47 AM, JW_Pepper said:

An update was posted to the DFW website. All they are doing is rebuilding the benches and berms. A big missed opportunity to upgrade the range to allow centerfire. Not sure how this work takes an entire quarter of a year.

https://www.njfishandwildlife.com/news/2019/ranges_update.htm

It a gov job be glad it does not take 2 years to complete.

• Haha 2