DirtyDigz

Might want to go fill your gas tank up right now...

Saudia Arabia had a drone attack on a major refinery that's estimated to have taken out 2/3rds of their production capacity.  Oil and gas prices are likely to shoot up very shortly:

https://mobile.reuters.com/video/2019/09/14/saudi-arabia-says-aramco-refinery-fires?videoId=600161768&videoChannel=117760

Only expected to take off less than 5% off of production.  Pkus unlike in the past there is a glut of oil amd other Opec nations can instantly boost production. 

This is not a refinery issue wbich sent prices up after Sandy and Katrina.

Haven't  the Beltway Statists drafted laws to ban drones, yet?   Don't they know that black assault rifles are the best defense against terrorists with drones?  At least there should be some drone-free zones.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PK90 said:

Doesn't matter how it really affects the oil supply. It's just an excuse to raise rates anyway.

Plus the stock market usually moves because of emotion and Algos responding to Headlines, instead of Facts and Data...  kinda just like the Liberals...

I wonder if Iran will see a special delivery present, built by Raytheon, in the next few days????

....."On Saturday, Secretary of State Mike Pompeo blamed Iran for the Saudi attacks. However, he also said there was no evidence that the weekend’s drone strike came from Yemen.

“We call on all nations to publicly and unequivocally condemn Iran’s attacks.

Ten automated, aerial, combat drones launched an attack on Saudi Aramco’s Abqaiq plant in Buqyaq and the Khurais oil field on Saturday at 3:31 a.m. and 3:42 a.m. local time, according to Gulf News."

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/why-the-saudi-oil-attack-is-a-big-deal-that-could-be-a-game-changer-in-stock-markets-and-crude-prices-2019-09-15?mod=mw_theo_homepage

5% of global supply knocked out. 

Attack on Saudi oil facility came from direction of Iran, not Yemen -U.S. official

by Reuters
Sunday, 15 September 2019 20:21 GMT

* Attack knocked out 5% of global crude supply

* Source says could take weeks to resume full output

* Washington blames Iran for attack

* Yemen's Houthi movement says it was behind drone attack (Wraps up latest developments, including comment from U.S. official)

By Rania El Gamal and Parisa Hafezi

DUBAI, Sept 15 (Reuters) - The attack on Saudi Arabia's oil facilities on Saturday that has threatened global oil supplies came from the direction of Iran, and cruise missiles may have been used, according to a senior U.S. official.

The comments added heft to Washington's accusation that Iran was behind the attacks that knocked out more than 5% of global oil supply, instead of the Yemeni Houthi group that claimed it. Tehran has rejected the accusation, but said it was ready for war.

Let's just hope this is a short term reaction, and not something more ominous...

......"Crude oil prices surged more than 10% late Sunday and U.S. stock futures retreated following weekend attacks against Saudi Arabian oil facilities.

Brent crude prices for November delivery BRNX19, +10.20%  , the global benchmark, initially shot up 18% as trading began late Sunday, but quickly settled down to a gain of about $7, or 13%, to $67.86 a barrel.

West Texas Intermediate crude for October delivery CLV19, +9.23%   jumped 11%, up $6 to $60.85 a barrel.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/crude-prices-soar-us-stock-futures-slip-after-attacks-on-saudi-oil-facilities-2019-09-15?mod=mw_theo_homepage&mod=mw_theo_homepage

On 9/17/2019 at 2:13 PM, AlDente67 said:

Anybody with an agenda can blame the tooth fairy and the media dutifully report it.

Here is the minor damage.  Note the small holes appearing in the exact same spot on each tank. 

nowayiran.jpg

The media is saying that cruise missiles were used?  If that were the case, this picture would show bent and twisted pipelines and chunks of metal from what was left of the storage tanks.  NOT tanks with holes in them.

• Agree 1

A cruise missile has about 250 pounds of high explosive,  or thereabouts.  The tanks would not exist.  By the way, in the extreme lower right corner of the picture is a pickup truck, for a sense of scale.  The damage to the tanks would be consistent with cruise missiles made of twice-baked potatoes.

• Agree 1

Each oil tank appears to have several rather large holes, but none big enough to be from a cruise missile. A cruise missile would have annihilated those tanks.  I think they sent multiple GPS guided drones (basically, fire-and-forget) at each tank, just to make sure at least one reached it's objective.   The drones were probably more airplane like,  probably a smaller version of the Reaper.

I heard something interesting tonight.  It's pretty much a foregone conclusion that Iran is directly, or indirectly responsible for the bombings.  The question is; why would Iran attack the Saudis?  Iran loves to be assholes, no doubt, but this was more than just being a-holes.  Iran carried out the attack, as part of a broader plan, to drive the US into a recession.  Hmmm, who else wants the US to fall into a recession, I believe it's the democrats and late night ass hat hacks who call themselves comedians.

Simply put, Iran bombed the tanks in an attempt to foil Trump's aspirations for re-election.  While the attack seems impulsive, it was but a part of a larger plan.  Stay tuned folks, more to come.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Scorpio64 said:

I think they sent multiple GPS guided drones (basically, fire-and-forget) at each tank, just to make sure at least one reached it's objective.   The drones were probably more airplane like,  probably a smaller version of the Reaper.

Here's some pictures of some of the parts of those drones, missiles or whatever they were...

b12bb8c7-c06a-49dd-990f-e0f4b3dd0035-EPA

gettyimages-1169170383_wide-199eacff5d9d

AP19261560665224.jpg?ve=1&tl=1

That one looks like a possible cruise missile.

AP19261531228471.jpg?ve=1&tl=1

7 hours ago, Scorpio64 said:

Each oil tank appears to have several rather large holes, but none big enough to be from a cruise missile. A cruise missile would have annihilated those tanks.  I think they sent multiple GPS guided drones (basically, fire-and-forget) at each tank, just to make sure at least one reached it's objective.   The drones were probably more airplane like,  probably a smaller version of the Reaper.

I heard something interesting tonight.  It's pretty much a foregone conclusion that Iran is directly, or indirectly responsible for the bombings.  The question is; why would Iran attack the Saudis?  Iran loves to be assholes, no doubt, but this was more than just being a-holes.  Iran carried out the attack, as part of a broader plan, to drive the US into a recession.  Hmmm, who else wants the US to fall into a recession, I believe it's the democrats and late night ass hat hacks who call themselves comedians.

Simply put, Iran bombed the tanks in an attempt to foil Trump's aspirations for re-election.  While the attack seems impulsive, it was but a part of a larger plan.  Stay tuned folks, more to come.

That’s an interesting thought, here’s an idea maybe we should fight fire with fire ......let’s open Democrat/Iran/ collusion ....treason or whatever investigations and tie up all the Democratic candidates and politicians with subpoenas and such like they did and maybe if they’re tied up with that we can get some campaign promises and other things done .....lmao

1 hour ago, pjd832 said:

That’s an interesting thought, here’s an idea maybe we should fight fire with fire ......let’s open Democrat/Iran/ collusion ....treason or whatever investigations and tie up all the Democratic candidates and politicians with subpoenas and such like they did and maybe if they’re tied up with that we can get some campaign promises and other things done .....lmao

I like it. Set up committees, hearings  and headlines. " So Mr/Mrs Democratic Congress Critter, can you conclusively say that no democrat has colluded with Iran to take down the U.S. govt:?"   " Of course not, I can't possibly know what every official has been doing!"  Next days headlines- Democratic Party can not be exonerated from colluding with Iran to harm the U.S.....

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

A little more info on what weapons were used:

...." At a press conference Wednesday, the Saudis displayed broken and burned drones and pieces of a cruise missile that military spokesman Col. Turki Al-Malki identified as Iranian weapons collected after the attack. He also played surveillance video that he said showed a drone coming in from the north. Yemen is to the south of Saudi Arabia.

Eighteen drones and seven cruise missiles were launched in the assault, Al-Malki said, with three missiles failing to make their targets. He said the cruise missiles had a range of 700 kilometers (435 miles), meaning they could not have been fired from inside Yemen. That opinion was shared by weapons experts who spoke to The Associated Press .

"This is the kind of weapon the Iranian regime and the Iranian IRGC are using against the civilian object and facilities infrastructure," Al-Malki said, referring to Iran's Revolutionary Guard.

He added: "This attack did not originate from Yemen, despite Iran's best effort to make it appear so."

https://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory/uae-joins-us-led-coalition-protect-mideast-waterways-65711294?cid=clicksource_76_null_headlines_hed

@Sniper I read that too.  Seems this was from Iranian soil.   But we should let the Saudi’s deal with it.  Trump has said over and over... other nations need to deal with their own defense.  Why should we get directly involved?  I don’t want our people put at risk to deal with the Saudi’s shitty oil.

On 9/17/2019 at 2:13 PM, AlDente67 said:

Anybody with an agenda can blame the tooth fairy and the media dutifully report it.

Here is the minor damage.  Note the small holes appearing in the exact same spot on each tank. 

nowayiran.jpg

I would estimate those holes are almost as big as a pickup truck.  Definitely more than minor.  Granted, the tanks weren’t totally destroy. But they are effed up pretty badly.

8 minutes ago, Kevin125 said:

@Sniper I read that too.  Seems this was from Iranian soil.   But we should let the Saudi’s deal with it.  Trump has said over and over... other nations need to deal with their own defense.  Why should we get directly involved?  I don’t want our people put at risk to deal with the Saudi’s shitty oil.

This. What is the benefit for the US to put our blood and treasure ($$) on the front line?  Let the Saudi’s drive this. We can help our ally as much as we can without putting our troops in jeopardy. 

• Agree 1

I can’t see the damage being from a cruise missile equipped with high explosives. 

I’ve seen what a Tomahawk and a Harpoon does to a target, this looks nothing like the damage they do. 

If it IS a cruise missile, it didn’t detonate, or wasn’t loaded with HE. Those pictures look like something punched a hole in the tank and didn’t explode. 

Not sure what to think of all this. Maybe a drone, but not a cruise missile fitted with high explosives. 

17 minutes ago, Displaced Texan said:

I can’t see the damage being from a cruise missile equipped with high explosives. 

I’ve seen what a Tomahawk and a Harpoon does to a target, this looks nothing like the damage they do. 

If it IS a cruise missile, it didn’t detonate, or wasn’t loaded with HE. Those pictures look like something punched a hole in the tank and didn’t explode. 

Not sure what to think of all this. Maybe a drone, but not a cruise missile fitted with high explosives. 

Tomahawk does have non-HE payloads. Specifically there is one composed of cluster “bomblets”.

Something similar could have been done with an Iranian missile. Air-burst directional HE packed with shrapnel would produce something like these pictures.