DirtyDigz

Might want to go fill your gas tank up right now...

Yes, Tomahawk does have non HE payloads, including cluster bomblets for destroying runways, for example. This damages doesn’t look like that. I would expect more damage to surrounding areas with that type of payload. 

Could be a shaped charge, maybe. I’m skeptical. 

It appears to me from the pics above this is a relatively clean punch hole (or two) in the tanks. I can tell you it wasn’t an HE warhead, that’s for sure. 

13 hours ago, pjd832 said:

That’s an interesting thought, here’s an idea maybe we should fight fire with fire ......let’s open Democrat/Iran/ collusion ....treason or whatever investigations and tie up all the Democratic candidates and politicians with subpoenas and such like they did and maybe if they’re tied up with that we can get some campaign promises and other things done .....lmao

Heck, 0bama already clearly colluded with them.

• Agree 1

8 hours ago, Displaced Texan said:

I can’t see the damage being from a cruise missile equipped with high explosives. 

I’ve seen what a Tomahawk and a Harpoon does to a target, this looks nothing like the damage they do. 

If it IS a cruise missile, it didn’t detonate, or wasn’t loaded with HE. Those pictures look like something punched a hole in the tank and didn’t explode. 

Is it possible we're expecting a similar explosion that one of our Tomahawks would do yet they have something less powerful? I don't know about their weapon systems, but is it possible for them to have "mini" Tomahawks or something else small that doesn't have the punch like ours?

Or, maybe they have cruise missiles that have simple, small explosives on them, or even dummy loads, so they don't totally wipe out the target like ours do. Maybe they forgot to arm the warhead before they launched, so all it did was punch a hole in the tank?

Perhaps their missiles can't carry that heavy a pay;load over that great a distance so they reduced the explosive payload in order for the missile to reach the target.

It would appear their guidance systems are working properly.

3 minutes ago, brucin said:

Perhaps their missiles can't carry that heavy a pay;load over that great a distance so they reduced the explosive payload in order for the missile to reach the target.

Their cruise missiles can carry a 1,000 Lb payload 2500Km.  I think Iran conducted the strike with reduced payload to send a message that they can hit them harder with the same pin point accuracy.  The amount of force and destruction was carefully calculated so as to not require a massive response that would lead to all out war.

The photo of the device the Saudi’s posted doesn’t look anything like I would call a cruise missile.  Referring to a 20 ft long, 3000 lb Tomahawk.  It looks to be about 5 or 6 feet long and I’d guess it weighs 500 lbs.  Saudi’s said this device has a range of 435 miles. Sniper posted that above I think.

So it may technically be a “cruise missile” based on its method of delivery to a target.  But it doesn’t look like something that could level a small building.  And sure as hell didn’t cost $1.9 mill. 

12 hours ago, brucin said:

It would appear their guidance systems are working properly.

I just saw a report on Bloomberg where they cut out a damaged section of one of the storage tanks. The hole was big enough to drive a car in, but it looked like it just punched the hole and no explosives were in the warhead.

Sounds like either Iran was sending a warning or they can't get reliable warheads to travel that far, and these are just "ramming" missiles?

2 hours ago, Sniper said:

I just saw a report on Bloomberg where they cut out a damaged section of one of the storage tanks. The hole was big enough to drive a car in, but it looked like it just punched the hole and no explosives were in the warhead.

Sounds like either Iran was sending a warning or they can't get reliable warheads to travel that far, and these are just "ramming" missiles?

I don't think they intended to do long term damage. They wanted to demonstrate viable disruption of the supply chain in order to make people listen to them. I don't think it will work out the way they like long term, but for now they can say "see, we WILL be taken seriously on the world stage!" to the people at home. 

Heck, it could be entirely for the people back in Iran. Maybe they are getting rowdy and this is a way of saying you will listen to us or we will be at war on our whim. 

Secretary Pompeo
‏Verified account @SecPompeo
7h7 hours ago

The U.S. has sanctioned Iran’s Central Bank and National Development Fund, both of which finance the regime’s terrorism. Attacking other nations and disrupting the global economy has a price. The regime must be held accountable through diplomatic isolation and economic pressure.

----------------------------------------

I think we're going to have some pissed of Iranians...This would be comparable to turning off our Federal Reserve, or turning off the oxygen to a patient in Intensive Care...

Tick tock....