revenger

no more Colt AR15s

13 minutes ago, Shane45 said:

No, thats the point, they didnt stop, they just said Mill orders need to be fulfilled first.

Yep. 

I don’t know why people think the sky is falling. Colt has always put law enforcement and military contracts first, (and should, as they are primarily a .mil/LEO supplier), but always resume civilian production once contracts are filled.

Many people don’t realize that they have one production line for rifles. This means that your Colt 6920 is built on exactly the same production line as a military M4. Just a different roll mark, and trigger group. 

They build different rifles in batches too, so one production run maybe AR15A4’s, then the next run 6940’s, or 6920OEMs. One never knows production schedule. 

• Thanks 1
  • Informative 1

5 minutes ago, Shane45 said:

Agreed, but this is also what worries me about Colts announcement. In other words, are they trying to set themselves up as the sole supplier(turncoat) for all the states and city's that may fall in line behind Murphys demand to only buy from those that wont sell to us?

I think your concerns are unfounded.