Underdog

350 a Legend is Born?

A .223 case necked-up and a 9mm/.357-sized projectile in an AR platform similar in power to a 7.62x39 and a 30/30.  What’s not to like?   Hard-hitting, little recoil  Who is selling uppers?   I wonder if they will come out with a conversion kit for some rifle renditions (single shot, etc.) that would be able to handle 9mm.   Being that it essentially uses two common ammo parts it should be a affordable mid-range caliber similar to 7.62x39, but American-made and designed!  

• Like 1

Ruger has some rifles offered:  

Ruger Releases 3 Rifles in 350 Legend

About $11 per box for 350 Legend (maybe not in NJ).

I wonder if Henry Repeating Arms will come out with a lever-action in this caliber like its Long Ranger.

This is a solution for those in states where it is now legal to hunt with a straight walled cartridge.

Would I shoot it otherwise?  Eh, who knows.

Am waiting to get one from Ruger.

Quite a few companies are coming out with guns in 350 Legend.

It is hard hitting and low recoil and a .30 caliber.  Def. an answer in those states but sg 11 dollars a box for target ammo It should be a blast at the range.   Nice having a decent mid-range cartridge.   

On 9/20/2019 at 11:32 AM, Maksim said:

This is a solution for those in states where it is now legal to hunt with a straight walled cartridge.

Would I shoot it otherwise?  Eh, who knows.

Am waiting to get one from Ruger.

Quite a few companies are coming out with guns in 350 Legend.

Get one yet? I might get the pistol.

9mm (and most likely the 350L) headspaces off of the case mouth.  Making a gun that will chamber both would necessitate having a moon clip or a clip of some sort to allow it to headspace off of the groove in the cartridge.  And iff a lot of 9 was shot, the fire ring would be an issue as well.  

That said, I like the cartridge a lot.  It has a lot of potential.  It's like 357mag in an AR, which is stupid cool.  

• Like 1

As much as people try, there is no replacement for 7.62x39. Its cheap,  plentiful and packs a punch. Is it a round used for accuracy tests? No, but for man sized targets out to 100-150 yds, it will do better than fine.

8 hours ago, carl_g said:

As much as people try, there is no replacement for 7.62x39. Its cheap,  plentiful and packs a punch. Is it a round used for accuracy tests? No, but for man sized targets out to 100-150 yds, it will do better than fine.

What’s 7.62x39 have to do with 350 legend? 350 legend was designed to comply with hunting laws in the Midwest. 7.62x39 doesn’t. 

10 hours ago, carl_g said:

1 hour ago, raz-0 said:

What’s 7.62x39 have to do with 350 legend? 350 legend was designed to comply with hunting laws in the Midwest. 7.62x39 doesn’t. 

350 legend is a straight walled cartridge because some jurisdictions only allow straight walled cartridges for hunting.

Nite nite 350 Ghost

1 hour ago, raz-0 said:

The OP referenced 7.62x39mm twice in comparison. I don’t hunt although I might have to start if we run out of food. In that case I will use my AK, legal or not.

45 minutes ago, carl_g said:

The OP referenced 7.62x39mm twice in comparison. I don’t hunt although I might have to start if we run out of food. In that case I will use my AK, legal or not.

Yeah not sure why. The main goal was to create a legal cartridge for a bunch of states for hunting with the ar platform that was more economical than .450 bushmaster. 

I think we are in the wrong region to judge popularity or success of it. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, raz-0 said:

Yeah not sure why. The main goal was to create a legal cartridge for a bunch of states for hunting with the ar platform that was more economical than .450 bushmaster. 

I think we are in the wrong region to judge popularity or success of it. 

Thanks I did not know this.