SJG

ShipMyGun (Handgun) Review

This is a service run by Budd's---SMG. Yes, you can save money on shipping a handgun if you need to, to an out of State FFL for a private buyer provided you are willing to deal with: 1.  The lack of response to your inquiry on their website--I paid for the label where is it? 2 A phone number for issues you may encounter where you will need to wait 15 minutes to speak to a live person 3. The lack of an immediate email with your order number for the pre-paid shipping label which will delay resolution in the event the mailing of the label to your email address is delayed 3 Delay in receiving the mailing label. 4. Idiots at UPS who will tell you when you present the pistol for shipment that your label is no good because it is second day delivery and you must ship a pistol next day, until you show them a letter from UPS that comes with the label exempting the shipment from next day and authorizing 2nd day and then dealing with a further idiot, who will tell you, how do I know that is real despite the fact the letter is signed by someone from UPS, has their contact info and phone number and email etc. 5. A UPS employee who will then tell you how do I know the UPS authorized person and/or phone number is real, even though it is the very company they work for 6. A UPS employee who will tell you that the supervisor who deals with these issues is either out, not available or some other excuse because they do not want to be told that they are wrong!!

FFL's can ship via USPS whereas a private individual cannot. Usually whatever fee your FFL charges you plus the actual shipping fee will be less than the shipping alone through UPS or FedEx since both of these shippers require that firearms be shipped overnight or second day air. Usually $50 - $100.

Make friends with your FFL.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Pizza Bob said:

FFL's can ship via USPS whereas a private individual cannot. Usually whatever fee tour FFL charges you plus the actual shipping fee will be less than the shipping alone through UPS or FedEx since both of these shippers require that firearms be shipped overnight or second day air. Usually $50 - $100.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Unless you are a business ownert or work for a company that has discounts with UPS or FedEx. :) i think ebay gave discount to shippers still?   But yes a USPS flat rate box will likely be cheaper for most.

4 hours ago, Maksim said:

How much are you actually shipping?

Realistically, you can make friends with your FFL who can ship it even cheaper for you and I believe can even be shipped ground (if FFL). Or was that via USPS?

4.5 lbs

Pistol cannot be shipped ground out of State

UPS

14 hours ago, Maksim said:

Unless you are a business ownert or work for a company that has discounts with UPS or FedEx. :) i think ebay gave discount to shippers still?   But yes a USPS flat rate box will likely be cheaper for most.

I get UPS and Fed Ex discounts and using those services ShipMyGun was still cheaper

16 hours ago, Pizza Bob said:

FFL's can ship via USPS whereas a private individual cannot. Usually whatever fee your FFL charges you plus the actual shipping fee will be less than the shipping alone through UPS or FedEx since both of these shippers require that firearms be shipped overnight or second day air. Usually $50 - $100.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Yes you are correct. However for a pistol I wonder how many FFL's ship U.S. Postal Service v Fed Ex or UPS

Does USPS give the first $100 of insurance included like UPS and Fed Ex?

Is USPS insurance cheaper than UPS or Fed Ex?