Maksim

Dark Storm Industries Visited The Range!

Dark Storm Industries recently visited the range!  In this video we do an interview and discuss the Dark Storm Industries Non-NFA Other Firearms in 5.56 and 9mm, along with their Post Ban DS-15 Lightning firearm. 

Dark Storm Industries, DSI, is a leader and is well known for making 50 State Compliant AR-15s. Dark Storm Industries, LLC.

@Dark Storm

Video premier at 3PM.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, NJSigfan said:

Nice video...it definitely peaked my interest...

Thanks!  Glad you enjoyed it.  It was a good overview for me to have Brett come over with the guns and the ability to shoot them back to back.

I have one more DSI video coming out on the Variant 1 Other Firearm, 

Will also  do one comparing the accuracy on the guns.

I was glad to run security and chase  all of the eavesdroppers out.  Oh boy the msm was persistent.  :stop:It went well though.  Very Cool stuff and great folks from DSI.   keep me in the loop.  Any excuse to get outta work and deal with firearms.   Im in.  Thanks again.  

On 9/23/2019 at 1:42 PM, CapGuns&SnapsKid said:

Thanks for the video!!! I'm still on the fence which one I should go with out of the top 3 ...Dark Storm..Troy and Modern Materiel..looks like I won't have to upgrade grip..controls and handle on the Dark Storm though.

Ambi is the way to go    Thats what I’ve found.  Whatever fits your budget. 

3 hours ago, Golf battery said:

Ambi is the way to go    Thats what I’ve found.  Whatever fits your budget. 

Yes. I certainly like the Ambi features of the DSI guns, but am not a fan of the Magpul VFG or the Hogue pistol grip.  The Troy does have those features, but is not Ambi safety/charging handle.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Supporting Vendors

• Latest Topics

• Last week I applied for my firearms id and gun permit. I noticed that they also needed a consent for Mental Health record search. Did the initial application that I filled out have that as part of the application process? Because I saw two questions about mental health on the application. Or do I need to fill out the consent for mental health form separately?    Appreciate any clarity. Thank You! 
    • Thank you for the reply! Yes, the investigator I spoke to seemed more interested in deterring me from applying for a C&R. Not going to go into detail in public about what was said, but he seemed adamant on getting me to withdraw the application. We are supposed to have a phone interview setup soon, and the documents will be sent back and forth via email, as opposed to a in-person visit.         
    • Just FYI cheaperthandirt.com ships ammo to NJ, but they want copy of your FID. 
    • I don't reload handgun (though I might if I ever get my damn handgun permit and get my .45). But there doesn't seem to be nearly as much wiggle room as there is with rifle rounds. Looking at Hodgdon's website, the difference between min and max is only 0.4gr worth of powder for some of them. So if I was loading a round with a min of 4gr and max of 4.5gr, I'd start at 4gr and if the accuracy isn't there, increase by 0.1gr at a time but I doubt you'll need to stray much from there.
    • There is a female IOI out of central NJ... who I probably don’t still have her card, but I would have ran it by her. She probably forgot more about Federal firearms regulations than most others know. She told me interstate purchases are good to go. Hell... that is the point of the FFL-03, so collectors can more easily acquire C&R firearms. In regards to them letting the NJSP know... ok? When you fill out the application, you are supposed to let the Chief LEO of your locality know by submitting a copy of the application. Howell Township PD got mine,  and Houlton PD got my amendment form (more about that below). Only thing that might have gone to NJSP is the memo I signed that stated I know I cannot have firearms shipped to my home. For the state law aspect... yes, it is on the application that state law must be followed. As in no magazines over 10 rounds, and no M1 Carbines. But let’s say that “state law” goes into the transfer of firearms... where does it specifically say in 2C that all firearms must go through a NJ dealer? Cabela’s really needs to stop doing that, same with FFLs at gun shows selling long guns to NJ residents. I mean they do NICS... but this “NJ paperwork” isn’t always done (4473 is the only paperwork required). Oh the humanity! I still love that someone at the Federal level is interpreting NJ law as having coverage in other states. Learned that is a no-go in Intro to CJ. That is definitely a check in the win column for that field office. And if that guy is telling you that you cannot change the address on a FFL-03... not for nothing, he doesn’t know his ass from his elbow. Changes to FFLs are not done locally, but through WV. How did mine get amended? Why would the form to amend an FFL have FFL-03s listed in three spots; two of them specifying how to fill out said form? Sad that those are the type of people filling in ATF offices now. Whatever the outcome, sorry to hear what you guys get to deal with. Glad I’m not there. And in case it comes off like that... not upset with you. Being in Federal L/E, and having to know the specific laws/regulations/codes for my agency... I also have to know related laws for a few other agencies; ATF, DOT, EPA, FDA, etc. Our supervisors/FTOs would have an aneurism if we started trying to enforce state laws that conflict with Federal laws (marijuana, for example). I am really disgusted how that guy completely blew smoke up your ass... since he should be able to answer your questions correctly.