Underdog

22 values...

A friend has asked me the values of the following 22s all in pretty nice shape.  Any thoughts?

Charter Arms AR-7

Nylon 66

Marlin 39A

German Mauser 22 training rifle

I was thinking about purchasing the 39A.

7 hours ago, Underdog said:

A friend has asked me the values of the following 22s all in pretty nice shape.  Any thoughts?

Charter Arms AR-7

Nylon 66

Marlin 39A

German Mauser 22 training rifle

I was thinking about purchasing the 39A.

The 39A depends on condition...wood sights bore bluing...octogon or round barrel profile

There are many variations...300 400 depends

Pics help a lot ..

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, USRifle30Cal said:

The 39A depends on condition...wood sights bore bluing...octogon or round barrel profile

There are many variations...300 400 depends

300-400 is the low end for a 39A.  In that price range, expect 50% blueing, pitting and probably a few rust spots and handling/use marks, maybe even a crack or chip in the furniture.  A nice 39A with 90%, or better blueing, minimal handling marks no rust, little pitting, sharp rifling, in that condition, 500-700 is about right.  A pristine unfired or barely used example could easily sell for 800-1200.

Of all the AR-7s, the Charter Arms may have been the worst.  They sell for very little, unless it's NIB or LNIB condition, then only a collector will pay a decent price for that gun.  For it's intrinsic value, the CA is worth about 150-200.  If you want an AR-7, you are better off buying a new Henry.

The Nylon 66 is a good buy at 250-350.  I recall reading that some years had trouble with extractors, but it's easily fixed.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Scorpio64 said:

300-400 is the low end for a 39A.  In that price range, expect 50% blueing, pitting and probably a few rust spots and handling/use marks, maybe even a crack or chip in the furniture.  A nice 39A with 90%, or better blueing, minimal handling marks no rust, little pitting, sharp rifling, in that condition, 500-700 is about right.  A pristine unfired or barely used example could easily sell for 800-1200.

Of all the AR-7s, the Charter Arms may have been the worst.  They sell for very little, unless it's NIB or LNIB condition, then only a collector will pay a decent price for that gun.  For it's intrinsic value, the CA is worth about 150-200.  If you want an AR-7, you are better off buying a new Henry.

The Nylon 66 is a good buy at 250-350.  I recall reading that some years had trouble with extractors, but it's easily fixed.

What part about condition didnt make sense..lol...what about sights such as a lyman tang sight didnt make sense....pics help

All things being equal lately, toss the gun values book out the window....  a 39 in 70% condition...went from a guys asking 550 down to being sold for 275 at a shop i know....