Zeke

Leupold delta Point

Why do you want the delta point in particular?

Not sure of their reticle choices right now but was not a fan of the triangle.  I do like the glass though.  And in terms of build quality, the Leupold will be able to handle anything you throw at it.

Add in the very good warranty and it really comes down to either you like the triangle or not.

9 minutes ago, DirtyDigz said:

Bought one for Glock19 MOS - mounted fine, but then realized that there were no iron sights available that were high enough to co-witness.  

Went with a Trijicon instead.

I may go the other way.

I have a Trijicon RMR mounted to my Glock and a Zev OZ9 milled for an RMR where you can co-witness... but the already small screen, gets eaten up by the co-witness sights... blah... 

I want to try co-witness with the SRO (big big screen) but regular RMR with co-witness, does not solve any problems for me. Especially since one of the reasons for getting it... (putting on a suppressor), the dot is still obscured by the can.  A taller sight would help there.

I will say, am quite impressed with the Sightmark Mini Shot M-Spec though.  Nice and good value for the money.

3 hours ago, Maksim said:

Why do you want the delta point in particular?

Not sure of their reticle choices right now but was not a fan of the triangle.  I do like the glass though.  And in terms of build quality, the Leupold will be able to handle anything you throw at it.

Add in the very good warranty and it really comes down to either you like the triangle or not.

Ummm because the sig slides are precut for that optic footprint? 

12 hours ago, Maksim said:

Only the Delta Point or others as well?

Other options are JPoint, Redfield Accelerator and Optima sights... as per EGW.

IMG_0607.JPG.bd09a6ac2a29906eecfe5dffaee

https://www.sigsauer.com/store/full-size-procut-slide-assembly-p320f.html

says Romeo or Leupold foot print. I know the Romeo sucks.

44 minutes ago, SW9racer said:

Why do you want to cowitness a Trijicon?  That’s like towing a backup car behind your car. Or wearing a parachute on a commercial airliner, or wearing two pairs of socks, or having a wife and a girlfriend 

Huh? I need to mount one first

but.... 2 is 1 and 1 is none 

i don’t think we are on da same page

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, SW9racer said:

Why do you want to cowitness a Trijicon?  That’s like towing a backup car behind your car. Or wearing a parachute on a commercial airliner, or wearing two pairs of socks, or having a wife and a girlfriend 

If you are using an RMR/MRDS on a gun that will be used for any kind of duty use, self defense, or home protection you should absolutely have usable BUIS.

• Agree 3

I suppose it does depend on the application. These RMRs have a small glass area, so why block half the site picture with buis. At least on a rifle the buis fold down out of the way. If you don’t trust the dot to the point you want a buis, then why the dot at all?  I bet your subconscious isn’t even using the dot and instead you are double aiming with the buis, eye muscle memory slowing reaction time. 
I just see it as an either-or, using irons or electronics. A man with two watches never knows the time. 

Back to the OP, I tried the DeltaPoint before going with the Trijicon. While I liked the larger glass of the Delta, the triangle was too large. Note also the sides are wider than the slide. And I noticed distortion of the triangle in the side edges of the glass. The Trijicon dot was perfect crisp in the entire glass window. 

• Thanks 1

I run a Delta Point on my 9mm AK pistol with the triangle.. I like it and my wife likes it.. zeroed for the upper point of the triangle to be the impact point.. what this gives me is precise aiming on the tip of the triangle.. or fast center mass by just covering the target with the triangle.. 

On 9/27/2019 at 8:22 AM, SW9racer said:

If you go milled, you can add in other things like lightning cuts, and change the color. 

Sig factory has the lightning cuts. And a sig warranty.

33 minutes ago, vladtepes said:

I run a Delta Point on my 9mm AK pistol with the triangle.. I like it and my wife likes it.. zeroed for the upper point of the triangle to be the impact point.. what this gives me is precise aiming on the tip of the triangle.. or fast center mass by just covering the target with the triangle.. 

I’m probably going with the dot version. But quality wise you like it? Durable, etc?

7 hours ago, Zeke said:

I’m probably going with the dot version. But quality wise you like it? Durable, etc?

I had two of them and had no problem with it..

I switched to a MRO.. so now I only have one.. I will be getting rid of that one as well for a MRO.. not over quality I just prefer the green reticle.. 

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, vladtepes said:

I had two of them and had no problem with it..

I switched to a MRO.. so now I only have one.. I will be getting rid of that one as well for a MRO.. not over quality I just prefer the green reticle.. 

When you decide to sell it, let me know...

• Like 1