mikey_golds

North Jersey Here - Can anyone recommend a gun smith?

Hi all, 

North Jersey here, built a serialized polymer 80, having a lot of issues with the trigger not resetting, and not firing on the pull and then I rack the slide, it will fire and then fire on the reset if it resets. 

Watched a ton of troubleshooting videos, but would like a gunsmith to take a look. Looking for a recommendation: Hopefully one that won't charge an arm and a leg, and one that wouldn't mind walking me through what i did wrong and the fix. 

Get on AR15.com and find the polymer80 thread on that forum.  TONS of people there with lots of experience troubleshooting those builds.

You might get lucky and find a NJ gunsmith to work on it, but I suspect most won’t touch it as they’d need to log the frame in on their books and may not want to deal with questions of legality in NJ.

BTW, you completed the manufacture of that frame outside the state of NJ, right!?

4 minutes ago, DirtyDigz said:

Get on AR15.com and find the polymer80 thread on that forum.  TONS of people there with lots of experience troubleshooting those builds.

You might get lucky and find a NJ gunsmith to work on it, but I suspect most won’t touch it as they’d need to log the frame in on their books and may not want to deal with questions of legality in NJ.

BTW, you completed the manufacture of that frame outside the state of NJ, right!?

First sentence in my post "serialized polymer 80" 

https://www.brownells.com/handgun-parts/frame-parts/frames/pfc9-serialized-frame-for-glock-19-23-prod115783.aspx

Apologies, first I’ve heard of serialized and completed Polymer80’s being sold as firearms from a retailer.

In that case, take your copy of the permit with you, gunsmith might want to verify that.

In any case, still think you’ll have better luck getting in on the Polymer80 thread at AR15.com, they’ve seen it all there.