EWC88

Termite treatment

What treatments or companies do you guys use for termites? When I got my house they did a preventative that lasts for only so long, and I’m do for it. Don’t know who the sellers used, or if I should go with big name brand like terminix or do a mom and pop.

They once used Chlordane to treat for termites. That stuff lasted forever I was told by a rep from Terminix.  Nothing wrong with the stuff except for it worked too well!  If you can't find some Chlordane to DIY.  Call Terminix.

• Like 1

We use Wayne at Three Blind Mice. Great guy. Great prices. Guy is in his early 50s and has been in this business since his early 20’s.  I will PM you his number.  We have been using him for termite treatment and general insect control for 15 years. He covers most of NJ as well as part of Ny and Eastern PA.

On 9/29/2019 at 12:09 AM, JohnnyB said:

They once used Chlordane to treat for termites. That stuff lasted forever I was told by a rep from Terminix.  Nothing wrong with the stuff except for it worked too well!  If you can't find some Chlordane to DIY.  Call Terminix.

The problem with chlordane was they uses to sell it at Home Depot.  People used to buy it and sprinkle it on the ground.  That caused problems and only pest control guys can buy it now.

Properly injected into the ground chlordane creates no problems.

I've had more than one residential construction contractor tell me what to do if you're building a house. When they dig the hole have a pest control guy come in and spray the hole and foundation with chlordane.  You will never have termite problems then.

You might be able to buy chlordane outside of NJ.  Just be sure you have the equipment to inject it in the ground.

My house was done before I bought it by a mom and pop.  I bought my house in March and I has termite swarming in April.  They came back and got rid of them.

One word of advice is take the service contract which they all offer.  For a couple of hundred a year.they do an annual inspection and kill anything that needs to be killed.  If you don't you might have problems that will cost several thousands.

Karma?

• Like 1