JMich3

Anyone going to S&T Carbine 1 on Sat?

6 hours ago, oldguysrule649 said:

JMich, looks like the weather will be perfect for your class. I took it back in June and it was a scorching 85-90 degrees and sunny.  Despite that,  I really enjoyed the class. 

I just watched the weather and was thinking the same thing! 

12 hours ago, JMich3 said:

I screwed up a bunch of drills but i was by far the least experienced shooter there. Still had a great time and learned a bunch! 

Glad to hear it went well.  On a humorous note,  I had very much looked forward to my class for several months.  Hoped to go to the class well rested after a good night’s sleep.  Not!  Had to travel to Ohio the preceding week.  Unable to fly home until Friday evening. Plane delays resulted in me arriving home at midnight after traveling for 9 hours door to door.  Asleep at 1:00 am, up at 5:30 am for the 2 hour drive to Pa. Then the class in the scorching sun all day.  It was also very obvious that I (66yo) was by far the oldest of the group.  The next oldest was a very physically fit LEO who was about 15 years my junior.  Average age of the class was 30 something. Nevertheless did ok with the various drills and came home with my certificate which I am quite proud of despite the aforementioned challenges.

• Haha 1

On 10/5/2019 at 8:40 PM, JMich3 said:

I screwed up a bunch of drills but i was by far the least experienced shooter there. Still had a great time and learned a bunch! 

That’s the point of getting out there!

On 9/29/2019 at 5:34 PM, High Exposure said:

I want to take both, but too much family stiff to do....

I’ll be in the lowlight class.

Are you in the Friday or Saturday low light class? I’ll be in the Friday class

• Like 1