Pizza Bob

Elk Stag Grips

If you want to take time out from debating the name of certain foodstuffs or deciding whether the latest techno-whizbang is legal in this state or not, I thought you might enjoy some classics.

he first thing I usually do to any new acquisition is change out the grips. This personalizes the weapon, enhances the aesthetics and is easily reversible. Lately I have discovered Elk Stag grips. A renewable resource that has none of the stigma of those grips from animals protected by CITES, yet give you the same beauty. I have been fortunate enough to discover a maker, from Colorado, who does beautiful work and charges fair prices. His name is Ken Driskill and he only advertises his grips on Gun Broker and the Smith & Wesson forum. He goes by the moniker bigmtnman. Ken does not make grips to order. This is a retirement hobby for him and he makes what he wants, when he wants. He currently makes grips for Smith & Wesson revolvers, Colt revolvers and, occasionally, Ruger single actions. Here are four that I managed to snag...enjoy.

Slide7.jpg

Slide20.jpg

Slide33.jpg

Slide-31.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

• Like 1

Yeah, I must say, those are gorgeous. I love a natural material for grips - either hardwood with a great grain or something like this. Those materials just have such a rich, organic vibe - as opposed to something rubberized/plastic-y. Classy touch, Bob. Enjoy!

2 hours ago, david8613 said:

Just WOW! I like the 25-14 is just awesome! 

Thanks David. The 25-14 (.45 ACP/AR) is one of 250 Lew Horton specials (they made 500 total - 250 blue / 250 nickel). Found it at the Oaks gun show marked with a ridiculously low price. I think that people ignored it because it had K-frame target stocks on it, which don't fit and just look horrible. I made the dealer a lower offer, but told them they could keep the grips. They went for it and it became part of my collection.

Adios,

Pizza Bob