njpilot

Will France Ban Knives?

There have been a number of knife attacks in France as well as England. When oh when will they ban these dangerous weapons that run around the streets stabbing people.

On a serious note, 4 officers lost their lives. Do police officers in France carry guns? If police officers, armed or not, can't stop a knife wielding killer, how would any unarmed citizen, there or here, defend themselves?

https://www.foxnews.com/world/paris-knife-attack-police-station

I saw this the other day. I still question if it's for real or satire...

https://bearingarms.com/tom-k/2019/09/23/church-leaders-uk-beg-ban-pointy-knives-yes-seriously/

"Church leaders in the Diocese of Rochester have called for the government to enforce stricter rules on the sale of domestic knives. They’ve written an open letter asking for a ban on the sale of pointed kitchen knives."

34 minutes ago, kc17 said:

I saw this the other day. I still question if it's for real or satire...

https://bearingarms.com/tom-k/2019/09/23/church-leaders-uk-beg-ban-pointy-knives-yes-seriously/

"Church leaders in the Diocese of Rochester have called for the government to enforce stricter rules on the sale of domestic knives. They’ve written an open letter asking for a ban on the sale of pointed kitchen knives."

Nope, it's real! They've had a minimal age limit on purchasing cutlery sets (in London anyway) for quite some time, because so gangbangers where stabbing themselves and others. (Awhile ago, London actually surpassed NYC's murder rate for the FIRST time, but mostly because all the fatal knife and machete attacks).

It just goes to show you... you have to go after the root cause, not the tool. These people are idiots!

7 minutes ago, Mrs. Peel said:

It just goes to show you...

You have to always have a bogey man thst you can point society to as the source of the problems. That way you can win votes by “doing something” while not bringing attention to the real sources. 

• Like 1

Yes, it is illegal for you essentially to carry a knife around in England.  I wonder if rocks, clubs, screwdrivers, and such are also banned.  The most reasonable thing should be just to ban violence.  Decree that there is no more violence.  

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, JMich3 said:

That’s it we need to remove everyone’s arms immediately! Without your arms you can’t shoot or stab anyone. So simple, i give it a few months before it’s proposed. 

But only human arms are banned. We still have the right to bear arms. 

• Haha 2

Some information coming to light on that police station knifing. What a horrible situation!

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/paris-police-attacker-had-radical-vision-of-islam/ar-AAIjKdZ?ocid=spartanntp

It's a bit hard for me to understand how this might have missed scrutiny in the midst of seasoned cops. A guy within your own department who gathers data on Islamic terrorism, suddenly converts to Islam... but with some definite red flags that hint he may have joined one of the radical sects (like he's swapped to a whole new wardrobe, is avoiding interaction with women, etc.) None of that says "moderate" to me... and this didn't raise a flag? I wonder if anyone thought to ask questions... do a little digging? Or was it political correctness run amuck? I would think if any employee in a police station went through a really noticeable behavioral change (religious or not!), it would raise eyebrows and generate questions. I mean, it's a high-risk workplace in terms of being a target to begin with. 

What a terrible missed opportunity regardless... and 4 people are dead as a result. Diabolical of the killer... and very, very tragic for all concerned. Sad.

THIS IS A PUBLIC-FACING FORUM - so watch the language on your replies, pls! Thx.

Just now, Dave Archibald said:

In England, acid splashing in the face was popular also.

Only one solution.  Ban pH < 7.0

It’s for the children.